Goodwood Circuit

Tracks Goodwood Circuit 0.99

Login or Register an account to download this content
mantasisg submitted a new resource:

Goodwood Circuit - Created using LiDAR scan data. Legendary motor racing circuit located at Chichester.

Goodwood Motor Circuit mod is created using LiDAR data. No guesswork involved.

When I found LiDAR data of Chichester, I have decided that existing old Goodwood circuit mod can go to pension. I feel like my version is significantly better already, the Goodwood Revival is still in our minds and Ferrari 250 GTO is almost here. So thats why I'm releasing this track early before it is developed further. Honestly, I don't know if this could be 0.3 or 0.5, I...

Read more about this resource...

Seems like one guy wanted to work on the Hillclimb, but seems like enthusiasm could have vaporized. I wouldn't say that i would do it. Too much unfinished projects.

YAS!!!!

giphy.gif

#hero

Track looks good so far! My only comment will be I think it is a tad too bumpy right now. I found some onboard videos and i think the bumps should be a tad lower.

It might be true at few spots, but not the whole circuit. Could you share those onboards ? I think it is possible that some parts might be a little too smooth as some could be a little too bumpy. Very very hard to say. I don't wan't to neutralize the track too much just for the likes. I'm quite certain about some sections bumpyness.

I was about to get a feedback from real driver who has raced at revival, but I never got it :(

It might be true at few spots, but not the whole circuit. Could you share those onboards ? I think it is possible that some parts might be a little too smooth as some could be a little too bumpy. Very very hard to say. I don't wan't to neutralize the track too much just for the likes. I'm quite certain about some sections bumpyness.

I was about to get a feedback from real driver who has raced at revival, but I never got it :(
Couple vids in various cars

Next week you can compare this directly

Also any chance we can get the non chicane version at some point?

For some reason I get involved with tracks with this type of chicanes :D IDK, maybe.... IIRIC in very early days they had no chicane.

Hard to judge from the videos, as most of the bumpyness comes through the steering. Also some of those videos migh have stabilization systems... TBH so far I found my track too bumpy only with Yellowbird, E30 Gr.A, and 911 GT3 Cup - this one is worst. But still drivable. i haven't tested all cars. But undulations can not be off, only some small scale bumps could still be.

I still hope for real driver feedback someday.

I'm just talking about some of the bumps I think are too jarring that's all. Yes the GT3 cup is super rough in general and it is what I actually use to figure out my bumps. I just don't see anything in those onboards that would send even the GT3 cup flying like it is now. It's hard to find modern car vids at goodwood as you would imagine.

Track looks good so far! My only comment will be I think it is a tad too bumpy right now. I found some onboard videos and i think the bumps should be a tad lower.
It really depends on the car you're driving.
I've driven the circuit with many different cars and they really behave very differently.
Cars like the 911 GT3 Cup or GT3R (which was the one I posted the video in) are a bit "special" on this track, but they have a very rigid body and suspension, so in these the real track will feel very bumpy.
Take the 911 RSR 2017 and it's a completely different story. Still feel the bumps, but they are not really that pronounced.
And the car doesn't want to kill you every two corners.

Then take a car with a rather soft suspension (pretty sure the 250 GTO on Tuesday will do ;)) and you hardly notice them.
As most of the older cars had a rather soft chassis and suspension, I wouldn't at all be surprised if common onboard videos suggest that the bumps aren't that pronounced.

It really depends on the car you're driving.
I've driven the circuit with many different cars and they really behave very differently.
Cars like the 911 GT3 Cup or GT3R (which was the one I posted the video in) are a bit "special" on this track, but they have a very rigid body and suspension, so in these the real track will feel very bumpy.
Take the 911 RSR 2017 and it's a completely different story. Still feel the bumps, but they are not really that pronounced.
And the car doesn't want to kill you every two corners.

Then take a car with a rather soft suspension (pretty sure the 250 GTO on Tuesday will do ;)) and you hardly notice them.
As most of the older cars had a rather soft chassis and suspension, I wouldn't at all be surprised if common onboard videos suggest that the bumps aren't that pronounced.
Trust me I have studied many bumps and understand the difference between soft cars and stiff cars. I'm not saying take away all the bumps here. Just that some are a tad too jarring IMO. We are talking about less than an inch here.

This video is a shaky but no massive bumps

EDIT: Here is another good video and we have this car in game. Drive around at 60mph like this guy and the AC version will have way more vertical movement than the video.

Last edited:
Just tried it with the XJ13 mod, and it felt just about right and not excessively bumpy. I'll try the GT3 Cup now and report back.

@mantasisg great job already, graphically everything looks very nice I like that you pay attention to detail for example with the grass and include those typical mowed lines Goodwood Circuit has in real life, the flowers, hanging bushes and trees are also nice to look at. Only one minor point here IMO and that's the Union Jack flags on the pit building, they seem quiet ironed and static at the moment.

Graphically all this needs now is people in 60's dressing around the track and in the stands, and some Vintage trucks and such parked trackside to finish it off :).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%