Goodwood Circuit

Tracks Goodwood Circuit 0.99

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Andy-R the spray was not working on the wet track following the changes I made, but as I was doing a quick race on the dry track, sure enough, LOL, I had spray. I now realize that the modification to surface.ini has to be done in wet/data folder, not the data folder.
Yep, best to edit the correct track :roflmao:

I had a go at lowering the dirt to see what it looks like. I had it down at 3 for the road here with "rubbered" & "pure rubbered" up at 6 & 7 to see if I could spot some variation in the spray with rain and wipers on 3 also. I can't really tell if there is less or the same amount of spray because the higher dirt value video I made was in the dark :redface: I can't see any variation though so I wonder if the spray is a fixed amount and not increased by higher dirt values in the surfaces.ini.

Last edited:
IRL you would have constantly varying amount of spray and no spray on the dry bits I guess, especially with light rain and dry looking patches as there are on GW wet. I don't know which areas of track rubber and purerubber represent (I assume the tyre mark areas?) but I was trying to go for varying levels of spray more like RL rather than a constant amount. I had puddles up at 1, normal track down at 0.3 and rubber inbetween to see if it would vary but it didnt.

Perhaps the effect of dirrt cloud is not dynamic, but I think that the value controls how much dirt is layed down on the car body, tires...

Just out of interest, here is how rubbered and pure rubber locations are distributed. Even though by now you should have a clue because of having less grip there.

kuQTAQN.jpg
olpx5Nx.jpg
h0eKbjC.jpg
wYA44J2.jpg
5u2c1r9.jpg
NiO3ajn.jpg

Looking at the distribution of that it probably would have worked quite well for adding a bit of spray variation but I guess it is a fixed amount of spray regardless of the dirt value.

First backup your Goodwood Wet surfaces.ini as this will cause a checksum mismatch online and then paste over everything in that .ini with this (it just needs "DIRT_ADDITIVE=" to be above 0 for all the surfaces you want to have spray on, I put max value for puddles and 0.8 for pretty much everywhere else... oh and if you try to use this without the "wet mod" being enabled you will have dirt kicking up everywhere instead of water.):

[SURFACE_0]
KEY=ROAD
FRICTION=0.85
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.8
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.01
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.01

[SURFACE_1]
KEY=KERB
FRICTION=0.60
DAMPING=0
WAV=kerb.wav
WAV_PITCH=1.3
FF_EFFECT=1
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.6
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.4
VIBRATION_LENGTH=1.5

[SURFACE_2]
KEY=GRASS
FRICTION=0.30
DAMPING=0.02
WAV=grass.wav
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=1
IS_VALID_TRACK=0
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0.03
SIN_LENGTH=0.5
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.3
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.4

[SURFACE_3]
KEY=OFFTRACK
FRICTION=0.8
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.8
IS_VALID_TRACK=0
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.01
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.01

[SURFACE_4]
KEY=SAND
FRICTION=0.8
DAMPING=0.25
WAV=sand.wav
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=0
DIRT_ADDITIVE=1
IS_VALID_TRACK=0
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0.04
SIN_LENGTH=0.5
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.2
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.3

[SURFACE_5]
KEY=PIT
FRICTION=0.8
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.5
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=1
VIBRATION_GAIN=0
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

[SURFACE_6]
KEY=RUBBERED
FRICTION=0.63
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.8
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.01
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.01

[SURFACE_7]
KEY=PURERUBBER
FRICTION=0.47
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.8
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.01
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.01

[SURFACE_8]
KEY=PUDDLE
FRICTION=0.03
DAMPING=0.045
WAV=sand.wav
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=1
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.01
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.01

[SURFACE_9]
KEY=CUT
FRICTION=0.68
DAMPING=0.03
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.8
IS_VALID_TRACK=0
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=7
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.01
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0.01

Right now with Sol 1.2.2 it seems like those DIRT_ADDITIVE values need to be 1 on the wet track, else there's only water spray on grass, and other surfaces will show puffs of brown smoke.
Nevermind, it was a problem between keyboard and chair. Your config works absolutely fine, thank you!

Last edited:
Hello @mantasisg,

I congratulate you, this is a beautiful track! :thumbsup:

Let me just ask you a quick question ... 0.99 is the final update !? (Already 2 years old)

Thanks in advance.

Yes and no. I don't think I will be working on it further for AC. But I hope to bring it up for rF2, already got it there at basic level. It is just an issue that rF2 doesn't really go together with modeling software that I use, unlike AC which is very flexible for that. Also perhaps there will be AC2 some years later, and perhaps it will be moddable - who knows. So in short it is possibly final for AC, but not final overall.

Yes and no. I don't think I will be working on it further for AC. But I hope to bring it up for rF2, already got it there at basic level. It is just an issue that rF2 doesn't really go together with modeling software that I use, unlike AC which is very flexible for that. Also perhaps there will be AC2 some years later, and perhaps it will be moddable - who knows. So in short it is possibly final for AC, but not final overall.
That's great for rF2 if it pans out and I didn't know about Assetto Corsa 2, that's great news.

I wish you every success for future projects.

Thank you again for informing us. ;)

Love the track! Been racing around in a variety of cars (favourite being the E-type lightweight, of course).

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any car mods that might suit the RAC TT type races? So far I've found:
-Ferrari 250 GTO
- E-type lightweight
- Austin Healey
- TVR Griffith
- shelby daytona coupe

I know that's a fairly good list considering this is all 3rd party stuff but If anyone has any knowledge of cars like the, E-type (FHC), Cobra (coupe version), DB4gt, Ferrari 250 (SWB) etc that would be amazing. So close to completing the field!

Cheers,
Raffy.

E-Type (FHC), 289 Cobra (narrow body) DB4Gt and on top a 250GT SWB - exactly my wish-list! But I don´t have too much hope.
Watching those replays of MM, or Revival on Youtube and trying to match the times in AC in interesting cars has been and will be lot of fun in the future.
My most used track! - Thank You Mantasisg

Yep, I think he has found that one based on the post :thumbsup:
Yeah! Got the griffith. lovely little brute. There's a DB5 model and a Db4 Zagato but both are normal liveries and not race-variants, which is a shame. Aston DB5 sound is pretty good too.

Either way, the track is outstanding, thank you! Hopefully we can get the full cohort of cars soon enough.

Yeah! Got the griffith. lovely little brute. There's a DB5 model and a Db4 Zagato but both are normal liveries and not race-variants, which is a shame. Aston DB5 sound is pretty good too.

Either way, the track is outstanding, thank you! Hopefully we can get the full cohort of cars soon enough.

The T70 is a blast around there too, and it's correct for the very tail end of the historic operation of the track.

Great track and thank you for all your hard work on it.

My weapon of choice for this circuit is the Austin Cooper S with touring car legends mod as grid filler. Good fun!

Glad you like it, seems like there will be soon every car that ever existed presented in AC in some way or another. The only ones that will be left are going to be cars that never were made and fantasy cars :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.