Going to DD after TS-PC, which one though?

It's just not that good and a grossly overpriced wheel.
$650 for 10NM plastic wheelbase. Sorry, there are much better price to performance offerings on the market.
Even 17Nm industrial motor all metal SC2 Sport at $1199 shipped starts looking like a steal in comparison, not to mention other lower grade offerings like Moza, VRS, etc.
What else is better performing wheel base in that price that doesn't require shelling out extra for a rim ? Moza is the only offering I'm aware of that is a contender here, in terms of price and performance. He would still need to aquire a moza rim in this case as well and unless you go bottom barrel moza, you're gonna end up spending more than 818

Last edited:
My 2 cents from a different perspective:
TM: barely any software settings like natural inertia or adjustable softlock (bump resistance at the end of the set rotation).
When I had a csl dd for a week, I really loved the inertia setting. A bit less natural damper and then calming the wheel down with inertia will give you a nice and beefy center position feel that all wheels with low "passive resistance" are lacking.
The TS-PC is actually very good in this case due its high resistance against turning without ffb.
I liked it better than my csw 2.5 regarding center position feel.
But it has other issues (coil whine, cracking rim,..)

CSL DD: bad shaft tolerances. Especially the McLaren v2 with the plastic QR has rotational play and will be noisy!
Plus other issues like the shaft becoming loose..
Has inertia settings etc, but also no adjustable softlock.

I'm not familiar with the moza and vrs Software.
Especially the vrs menu would be interesting!

SC2 has allllll the settings and is built to stay.
Imo if you know that you want to simrace for the next 5+ years, get a simucube. Or look at the VRS menu and check for inertia and soft lock/max rotation bump/whatever it's called.

Last edited:
Patrick, do your work for Thrustmaster?

We got your point, now it´s up to navigator to do his due dilligence.

If he has further questions he´ll let us know.
How is he gonna do proper due dilligence when he's getting misguided advice ? You've already stated your reason for not liking TM and thats great. You're also not the one looking for advice on gear to get.
No, I don't work for thrustmaster.

Well guys, I'm not "having it yet", but I do realise myself, it has to be on a budget........
I also looked for the problems with the wheels and sure; there is more to find from Fanatec than the newer brands. It actually doesn't say much.

So the Fanatec 8Nm and the Moza 9Nm are an option and thet come in at around 650/700 euro.
What the thing is, is the wheels themselves: only Fanatec is a bit affordable, but Moza and Simucube are just asking stupid money.
I like an 'oval' wheel and maybe later on, a round one too, but second hand there will be very little offers from the newer brands I think.

Leaning towards Fanatec now.
Thrustmaster.......a bit expensive when I can't sell my own setup.

Have a look what is required to adapt an aftermarket wheel to your potential new wheelbase.

The " German Brand that shall not be named" doesn't give you FFB when you stray outside their prison eco system. There are ways around that, but they are prohibitivly expense.

For all others an Oval wheel would be an aftermarket steering wheel plus quick release (if you have a separat shifter)

Atm I use four wheels, all wheels
and two QRs bought used. A wheel fitting for Oval was 125€ altogether.

To be fair for F. there's also a huge used market.

For all others an Oval wheel would be an aftermarket steering wheel plus quick release (if you have a separat shifter)

Atm I use four wheels, all wheels
and two QRs bought used. A wheel fitting for Oval was 125€ altogether.
How do you connect the buttonboxes? Coiled usb cable to a hub on the rig/wheelbase or some other fancy stuff like a wireless connection?
To be fair for F. there's also a huge used market.
Yeah but the prices aren't that cheap compared to normal pricing of used gear.
I always got about 70-90% of the new price for my stuff.
Csl elite with lc, csl p1 rim, McLaren v1 rim, Porsche 918 rim.
Normally I see used gear going away for 40-70% of the price when new.

• Deleted member 197115

If money is an issue, may be move to DD is a bit premature. You won't gain much if anything by switching to "barely there" weak budget DD wheel, but you can get a bunch of headache with wheels and games compatibility. TS-PC is already a very nice wheel, if you are thinking that just moving to DD will "change your world", you are mistaken, even the top of the line wheelbases with high torque and slew rate offer just marginal improvement, the biggest is power and superb agility, but then after initial excitement people start lowering torque and dampening them to get to more consumer belt wheelbases like level.
Save the money, get the best one later, buy once cry once.
Plus to get advantage of the the powerful DD wheel you also need solid proper dedicated rig and load cell or hydraulic pedals to match. Are you there yet?
May be "cool boys club" membership can wait a little.

I agree..
I had a ts-pc for 3 weeks (2 devices due to coil whine, sent both back..) and then got the csw 2.5.
The difference in strength is "nice", but it's not like you'd get a massively improved experience.
As soon as you get a wheel above 30cm, you'll want some more power.
Not much more, but just a little bit.

And I really can't recommend to get that csl dd with the issues.
I had to take off the shifter bar of the McLaren v2 3x because a little glued on buffer dot wouldn't stay in place. Finally washed both sides clean and applied industrial grade superglue.
But still, the rim is making cracking sounds and I can even feel some of them (with headphones quite loud).

So I'd recommend getting a fanatec uni hub v2 rim, not the cheaper ones. And then it's really not that big of a step to get a simucube + used wheel with a coiled usb cable.

Okay guys, I came to a conclusion and so would like to thank you all very much for helping me out here.

In this household, saving up for stuff like this, is not a reality. Not that the money is not there, but we need some buffer. Long story, we're not poor, but this kind of stuff just is not a priority.

So, that's why I was looking at sets around- or up to a 1000 bucks.
What I read here and when doing my research: you better don't.
Better hook up to a proper set and those start way above a 1000 bucks.

So; I set it out of my head for now.
When time comes, I will go for a Fanatec Podium F1 set or similar, but I will (have to) spend at least 1500 bucks. Not now though.

It seems like the proper way to go and indeed; the TS-PC does well enough for now.

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:
Okay guys, I came to a conclusion and so would like to thank you all very much for helping me out here.

In this household, saving up for stuff like this, is not a reality. to that the money is not there, but we need some buffer. Long story, we're not poor, but this kind of stuff just is not a priority.

So, that's why I was looking at sets around- or up to a 1000 bucks.
What I read here and when doing my research: you better don't.
Better hook up to a proper set and those start way above a 1000 bucks.

So; I set it out of my head for now.
When time comes, I will go for a Fanatec Podium F1 set or similar, but I will (have to) spend at least 1500 bucks. Not now though.

It seems like the proper way to go and indeed; the TS-PC does well enough for now.

Thanks again everyone!
Good choice man. Spend it on something nice for the kids or something.

Hi everyone,

i am just right in time to pick up this threadt - because i am thinking of upgrading from my T300rs Ferrari Alcantara to a cheap as possible (money is matter nowdays), desk-able, DD wheel.

I have already a favorite named Moza r5. I would like to get just the base + wheel and would keep my Thrustmaster loadcells T-LCN and the T8Ha shifter.

Is something speaking against? Should be possible to run the Moza with foreign pedals? I mean as long as you can use them as stand alone´s ... am i right?

Tia

Hi everyone,

i am just right in time to pick up this threadt - because i am thinking of upgrading from my T300rs Ferrari Alcantara to a cheap as possible (money is matter nowdays), desk-able, DD wheel.

I have already a favorite named Moza r5. I would like to get just the base + wheel and would keep my Thrustmaster loadcells T-LCN and the T8Ha shifter.

Is something speaking against? Should be possible to run the Moza with foreign pedals? I mean as long as you can use them as stand alone´s ... am i right?

Tia
Should all work!
Step up from T300RS to a 5nm DD is a big enough step to justify the purchase andthe T-LCN and T8Ha work via USB, like you say.

Only additional recommendation and extra information I can give is to buy a small USB Hub.
(preferably even USB 2.0 due to more "endpoints" available and longer max cable length).
Plug the pedals, shifter, wheelbase into the hub and use one cable into the PC .
(again, preferably USB 2.0 slot).
You shouldn't do that with too many devices, but pedals+shifter+wheelbase should definitely work fine.

About endpoints: The oculus sensors need USB 3 for power and use a lot of endpoints. 2 Sensors in 1 Hub can already be too much.
Adding the Headset, which gets powered via USB and you'll definitely see a lot of forum posts about issues.
But these sensors are rather "active" components.
Pedals, Wheelbase, Shifter are "passive".

Should all work!
Step up from T300RS to a 5nm DD is a big enough step to justify the purchase andthe T-LCN and T8Ha work via USB, like you say.

Only additional recommendation and extra information I can give is to buy a small USB Hub.
(preferably even USB 2.0 due to more "endpoints" available and longer max cable length).
Plug the pedals, shifter, wheelbase into the hub and use one cable into the PC .
(again, preferably USB 2.0 slot).
You shouldn't do that with too many devices, but pedals+shifter+wheelbase should definitely work fine.

About endpoints: The oculus sensors need USB 3 for power and use a lot of endpoints. 2 Sensors in 1 Hub can already be too much.
Adding the Headset, which gets powered via USB and you'll definitely see a lot of forum posts about issues.
But these sensors are rather "active" components.
Pedals, Wheelbase, Shifter are "passive".
Hi Rasmus,

thanks! As informative as always :)

I am not really the IT-pro, so tell me if i have enough ports @PC what advantage do i have with the HUB besides i save ports..? However a HUB is luckily a cheap addition, so affordable.

Hi Rasmus,

thanks! As informative as always :)

I am not really the IT-pro, so tell me if i have enough ports @PC what advantage do i have with the HUB besides i save ports..? However a HUB is luckily a cheap addition, so affordable.
No advantage at all, but the cable routing gets cleaner.
It was more a general thing how to approach this, if you don't have a permanent rig or it's in wheels or your cable channel on your rig can't take all the cables etc.

Funny how things can go in life: about to go and see/buy a used Fanatec Podium F1 in a couple of days, for.......a grand
Hehe; anything particular to look for, you guys happen to know?

• Deleted member 197115

Funny how things can go in life: about to go and see/buy a used Fanatec Podium F1 in a couple of days, for.......a grand
Hehe; anything particular to look for, you guys happen to know?
JUST DON'T. Ask people who upgraded their Podiums to SC2.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 49 37.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 79 59.8%