Cars Ginetta G55 - Updated [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see. Did not notice that before.
But there I also see that there is a fixed Motec display behind the wheel, no longer part of the wheel... ;)
Have to agree with another remark, that we need to be able to adjust gears. On short(er) tracks it is OK, but even at Road Atlanta, I am hitting the limiter in 6th way before the end of the downhill...

I have somebody working on that MOTEC as well as removing the Gear stick, and removing the MOTEC from the steering wheel. I also have somebody "asking some questions" at real Ginetta teams, as there is no information available about gear ratios, as I agree, they would not run the same gearing at for example Brands Hatch Indy and Thruxton.

How the cars work is that in the car.ini you have to set the ratio, which, until I get the real data (yes I have somebody getting that for me) I have taken a rough guess that the ratio is closer to 270 (centre to right)

In the driver3d.ini file you have to take the ratio in the car.ini and x 2 (to give you lock to lock) which is why it is set 540.

Using your value, the car would only have a centre to right steering ratio of 180.
The value in driver3d.ini is just for the drivers hands visually following the steering wheels movement correctly. I does not change anything regarding the physical ratio. IMO!. So after making the change I still have the same steering ratio but the wheel doesn't slip through the hands anymore...

The value in driver3d.ini is just for the drivers hands visually following the steering wheels movement correctly. I does not change anything regarding the physical ratio. IMO!. So after making the change I still have the same steering ratio but the wheel doesn't slip through the hands anymore...

OH :confused: Cool thanks for that. I have just been given the gear ratios as well, so will try and get this update done tonight. Going to bring up my server as well (and yes I will upload the data.acd file) just in case :D

Hmm, the lights are really brighter on my screen, maybe its a PPP filter you are using. I am using Kunos Default..

This has always been the issue Fordman, the brake lights aren't visible when you are not using PP effects. The lights have worked from the beta release of this car with the PP effects turned on. I don't run PP effects due to it's heavy FPS loss on my machine, so I can't see the brake lights.

Joseph Maxx had an idea regarding the brake lights. I don't mod cars, so I know almost nothing...but he might be on to something.

Love the effort you're giving to this beauty of a car. Glad to see there is interest in what I consider to be the best car to drive in AC, and hope to see more people driving it online.

Hey Fordman !
I tried the new update, and i have a few question.
Does the ginetta runs with the GT4 field ? ( maserati porsche and lotus )
If so, i tried it in few tracks and overall it was faster.
Maybe cause it has soft tires instead of hard ?
After a few laps in hotlap, I looked at tires temp and it was like 73 | 73 | 73 in default setup.
Maybe cause i left the data folder instead of removing it ?
non the less the update is great ! The sound is way better and the ffb is very good !!!
Ah and maybe a little request :p, with the F6 cameras, the one near passenger seat, could it look more the road ? like kunos cars ?
So once again thanks for all these efforts, you're are a saint ! ( i know you don't believe but anyway ^^)

@Guillaume Francois I don't believe it does run with the other GT4 cars, as this is really in a class of it's own (Support Package to the BTCC)

I can certainly have a look at the tyre temp mapping, see if there is anything that jumps out.

F6 Cams - Easy Fix

You welcome, glad to see people enjoying this absolute gem

Well there are a couple that run with other GT4s (Maserati, KTM X-Bow, Mustang) here in the states in the Pirelli World Challenge series.

Hi All,

To make things more realistic, and to avoid any confusion on what this car is actually called, I have renamed it, actually to match the Ginetta GT4 Supercup series that is a BTCC Support package, as that is what this car is based on. So the next update, will include this, so you will need to download and remove the old folder completely.

Sorry, I thought I would do this now, as when the model changes come out, it will save any confusion now and any future updates, will be seamless.

I hope you understand this

Thanks again for your input and support

Shaun

I know this is going to disappoint you all, but rules are rules, and in making this as real as possible (unlike another sim) this is the rules for the Ginetta GT4 SuperCup.

I am basing this on the support series for the BTCC ( where I can actively gain information ) and not the other series from around the world, otherwise this could turn out to be a right mess.

The regulations include sealed engines, gearboxes and differentials. This prevents expensive development of the cars and ensures that all of the cars are identical, helping to provide close racing. The car can be easily modified to race in other series such as British GT, Britcar, Spanish GT Championship and Belcar.

This means after all the work I have done today, I have to remove the changes to diff and gear ratios, but if you want realism, which I do, then so be it.

So sorry, and I hope I don't scare anybody away, but would love your comments on this

Shaun

Watching video, would you say, red or orange brake lights?

They're definitely red.

I know this is going to disappoint you all, but rules are rules, and in making this as real as possible (unlike another sim) this is the rules for the Ginetta GT4 SuperCup.

I am basing this on the support series for the BTCC ( where I can actively gain information ) and not the other series from around the world, otherwise this could turn out to be a right mess.

This means after all the work I have done today, I have to remove the changes to diff and gear ratios, but if you want realism, which I do, then so be it.

So sorry, and I hope I don't scare anybody away, but would love your comments on this

You're not disappointing me. I'm all for realism, and am happy you're basing this mod on the BTCC support series as that is where I see the Ginetta's running. :thumbsup:

You are more than welcome to keep the Ginetta that you have now, and also have the one I am doing tonight, but I cannot keep pace or up to date both of them, I have to choose, one or the other, sorry and also this will prove a problem with online racing, as both will have diff .acd files, so it will be difficult to join a server that is hosting either file.

I don't have any ref or knowledge or contacts for the GT4 cars either :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back