• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Cars Ginetta G55 - Updated [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Mods' started by Shaun Clarke, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,537
    Fordman submitted a new resource:

Ginetta G55 - Updated - Updated by Peter Utecht - See details

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Fast Furman

Fast Furman
    Premium

Ratings:
    +45
    Thank U

3. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +299
    The bonnet cam needs to be a little bit higher and a bit to the front and the bumper cam a lot higher

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger

Ratings:
    +25
    So many awesome updates! All the skins from previous version still work, yes?

Edit: n/m, I didn't realize you'd put nearly every available G55 skin in the new update! Great job!

But I very much agree the dash cam is much too low, would be great if this could be adjusted or if you could explain how to adjust it ourselves if possible! :)

Thanks again for the amazing work!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  5. HarryRiedl

HarryRiedl

Ratings:
    +24
    great to see it updated shame for game-pad users still have the broken autobox

6. Two

Two

Ratings:
    +83
    Really good update. Loving the skins, and the new data makes the car feel a bit "tighter"...maybe a bit more like the Cayman GT4, except with the exceptional Ginetta steering/braking/handling :D

7. dreamer al

dreamer al

Ratings:
    +11
    Shame i cant play this with Xbox Controller (broken autobox - changing from gear 3 to 4). It really looks and feels good, but into the dirtbin :(

8. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,413
    The data folder is open, shouldn't be too difficult to figure out a fix.

9. Guillaume Francois

Guillaume Francois

Ratings:
    +59
    Just in case I've downloaded the ginetta once again here on RD lol, and again THANKS Fordman for this gem !!!

10. dreamer al

dreamer al

Ratings:
    +11
    I wish i knew how. I am just a newbie. but absolutely loving Assetto Corsa

11. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,537
    Hi All,

Thanks for your comments, but all the credit to the original creator and also Peter Utecht for his updates, I just done some flowery bits, but the good news is, that everything you have mentioned above, I can do it. @Michael Hornbuckle I didn't think the data folder was left open, I created a data.acd file, but I might have missed it, will fix that :D

But ALL, keep your suggestions coming, I will make a list, and get cracking :)

For Cam Angles, if you can use the in-game camera editor to "give me an idea" I can then use this as a ref point to fix them properly

Again, thanks for your comments

Shaun

PS - Game Pad users, are you just talking about the automatic gear box??, if so, easy fix !!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,537
    No so fast in to the bin. This can be fixed. I don't use Autogear box, so I need people who use different equipment to test, so I can fix it

13. dreamer al

dreamer al

Ratings:
    +11
    Thank you Sir, I would dearly love to be able to drive this vehicle. I wait in anticipation :)

14. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,413
    I will ask around about how to fix the gearbox

15. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,413
    @Fordman
    Fix for autogears:
    Open the AI ini and in the [GEARS] section use this value DOWN=4000

16. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,537
    @Michael Hornbuckle - Cheers mate, that's what I thought it would be. I need to check a few settings as well. Just been reading the GT G55 Manual. These things have F1 Style Paddle shifts as well, so will need to check the engine and drivetrain.

Will add to my list.

17. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,413
    Will be great if you can change the driver to one that is using paddles; the current animation seems faster than vanilla kunos drivers.
    Thanks for updating this car, it was always a blast to drive and race so it is wonderful to have it in the stable again.

18. Two

Two

Ratings:
    +83
    Couple things to consider:
    - still a very, very dim brake light with no post-processing.
    - low fuel warning only comes in at ~2L of fuel, which is almost useless if you use those things

This and the Cayman GT4 Clubsport are now seemingly perfect playmates...at least they are at one of my test-tracks. I is so happy (spoken in true Bromwell High fashion :D)

19. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,537
    @Michael Hornbuckle Your post is for the AI only, not the actual auto gear box, but found it and working on it now.

@Two Thanks for that. I "should" be able to make them brighter, and the fuel warning, will look in to

Cheers Guys

Shaun

20. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,413
    The fix I listed makes the auto gears work for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.