Cars Ginetta G55 GT4 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaun Clarke submitted a new resource:

Ginetta G55 GT4 - Totally updated Ginetta G55 GT4

Ginetta G55 GT4 V8

IMPORTANT
You cannot compare this version to any other version that is / was available, as you will read below.

You will need to delete your Ginetta GT4 folder and do a fresh install.

We listened to your requests, so that you don't have to move / copy the fonts, it's done automatically now, and also there is a version number at the end of the downloaded file.

All the information is the same as the Supercup,...

Read more about this resource...

Question, why do you make a new mod download entry on RD for every update instead using the button to upload file updates? Makes 'Watch This Resource' kind of useless (same for mod lists if links change every few weeks).

Don't see where he explains it. There's a tab called Version History where you can delete versions, removing an old bugged version doesn't require deleting the mod page entirely. I mean good on you for making a fresh start and removing all reviews but it gets confusing for people following the mod if it's for each update, and it's more work for you too.

Hey guys, just wanted to share my new song here, makes me laugh every time :D

"Every breath you take
Every post you make
Every update you break
I'll be watching you

Every single thread
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you

Oh can't you see
You belong to me
My poor head aches
With every message you make"

On a serious note @Epistolarius
I think those are mistake when people are just not used to, Shaun is still learning, we are still learning.
On the other hand I can't agree more, it can be confusing, but even if you follow the mod and it get deleted, you'll find it anyway available to download when it get's updated, number and stats will be wrong, but people will still be able to download the mod, you won't get any notification but I don't think it's a big problem :)

I would rather prefer, read something about the new physics, how the car is against the others GT4, if it feels better or worse, well you get it :D

Don't see where he explains it.
I'll try to explain why we acted like this, what are the changes done by myself and what we should try to achieve.
First things first. We've made the decision to remove all Ginetta mod related stuff from RD to avoid more confusion, trouble, missmatches, to hardware demanding skins for lower end rigs, "bug-fixing-update-festival" and so on.
Because its a shame all the amount of work and time, all the great steps forward we've done with the Ginetta mod's will be covered by things like that.

What we should try to achieve:
- providing complete Ginetta mod's for the community, complete in terms of content and looking
- trying to get all bugs out, especially avoidable issues like no sound or invisble windows (checked by testers)
- making the mod's easy to handle for the community in terms of installation and hardware resource requirements
- providing the best we can do to make the community happy :rolleyes:

Greets After_Midnight
@Epistolarius Please read it and please try to understand it. And deal with our decision. After that try to enjoy the V8 version of the cars. I don't think you'll miss the "old stuff" ;)

Last edited:
Okay, sorry for making a post? Could've been that Shaun doesn't know how to do a file update on RD? People would gladly help, it's not an issue. The linked post doesn't explain what I was getting at, why delete the mod each update the last few times now instead of making a file update that would be the same clean slate. It's not about missing the old version, it's about confusing people following the mod with new mod pages several times in a row and making linking to this mod kind of a pain. I understood the clean slate approach the first time around, but why several times? The original mod is also still up on RD. And I just asked a question. There was no need to be so aggressive about it, "deal with our decision". Learn to deal with people having normal questions maybe? I don't need to deal with your decision making beyond bookmarking some new links, I merely asked you something.

On the other hand I can't agree more, it can be confusing, but even if you follow the mod and it get deleted, you'll find it anyway available to download when it get's updated, number and stats will be wrong, but people will still be able to download the mod, you won't get any notification but I don't think it's a big problem :)
The Watch resource button gives the choice to get notified of file updates (regardless of if older versions are deleted in the version history) on RD and/or on per mail, which would be kind of useful for important updates fixing a "big problem with the Windows". That doesn't happen when uploading it separately. It's part of the reason why I asked about this in the first place.

Last edited:
I understand :D @Epistolarius
(btw hope you didn't take my previous post too seriously :) the song was intended to make fun nothing more)
Maybe it's just me that doesn't care this much about these features, but anyway, now I want to read your review about the car itself :D, which for me ,it's my first, second, and third concern !

I don't need to deal with your decision...
You don't have to like it but you've to deal with it. If you don't understand the intention behind my statement and make this to the world first problem then sorry for you.
It still think people are smart enought to find the new versions of the cars also without any notifications and watch buttons.
Just again for you: We DON'T want an update the 7.xx versions. We want to upload a comlete new package.
It simple: Take it or leave it.
Thank you.

After_Midnight

Last edited:
i didn't say that I don't like the new uploads, versions or your decision? I have no idea why you're insisting I'd have to "deal with it". I merely asked a question... why several times in a row deleting everything instead of making an file update. That wasn't questioning your decision making. Shaun linked to your explanation about blank slate to delete all old, bugged files and avoid confusion, which is good, but didn't answer the specific question. You don't want to update it and instead reupload everything, fine, but why did it happen several times? No answer, instead a passive-aggressive "deal with it". Whatever then, if you want to make it harder to follow your mods on a platform that's supposed to make it easier and confuse people not "smart enough" that's on you.

I just wanted to see what's up with the repeat reuploads and maybe if Shaun has trouble with uploading updates it could be helped. Typically modders want to keep their users in touch and retain previous positive reviews and track record, so if someone deletes their downloads several times something might be wrong, worth asking about it. But if "deal with it" is the type of reaction I can expect from modders I might as well not bother at all. I'll keep that in mind. Best of luck with the mods, I appreciate the hard work put in. But if you want feedback maybe take another look at your interaction with people...

And yes, I'll probably "leave it" and not be able to give any feedback to missed updates because the next reupload removes it from the notification list anyway. :O_o:

I understand :D @Epistolarius
(btw hope you didn't take my previous post too seriously :) the song was intended to make fun nothing more)
Maybe it's just me that doesn't care this much about these features, but anyway, now I want to read your review about the car itself :D, which for me ,it's my first, second, and third concern !
No worries. Sorry, I don't think my opinion is welcome.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update/overhaul.

Any reason why v8 has both an encrypted .acd data file and an unencrypted data folder?
Not really mate, seems to be an issue on our part. :redface:
You can delete the unnecessary unencrypted data folder. The files in the data folders are insignificant as long the data.acd is in the right place :)

Thank you for your feedback :thumbsup:

But if you want feedback maybe take another look at your interaction with people...
And yes, I'll probably "leave it" and not be able to give any feedback to missed updates because the next reupload removes it from the notification list anyway. :O_o:
No worries. Sorry, I don't think my opinion is welcome.
First all all english is not my first language and there was no intention to offend you in my first reply to your question.
If so SORRY for that :) Your feedback is welcome :thumbsup:
But you got three statements of the team members to answer your question about our way to re-release.
Also the linked post of mine (which exist since seven days and without any objections or improvement proposals) should aswer your question.
But I don't have any understanding for you after that. You still come up, insulted, with complains about our decission to handle the release.

Last edited:
Are they both the same?
With which one were the cars tested (GT4 and Supercup)?
The entrys of the ini files are different because the cars are different. So the Supercup and the GT4 have different data.acd files. This files are important for the different behauvior of the cars. The data folders does nothing if the acd files exits. So also if you do nothing the cars works like intended.
Both version are tested and its just an issue on our side to leave the data folders in the uploaded versions.
Sorry for confusions and I hope I can help you with my reply. :)
And Thank You for your liverys :thumbsup:

The entrys of the ini files are different because the cars are different. So the Supercup and the GT4 have different data.acd files. This files are important for the different behauvior of the cars. The data folders does nothing if the acd files exits. So also if you do nothing the cars works like intended.
Both version are tested and its just an issue on our side to leave the data folders in the uploaded versions.
Sorry for confusions and I hope I can help you with my reply. :)
And Thank You for your liverys :thumbsup:
I know the difference between GT4 and Supercup, my comment was respective the double data's for each car. Edited a part of my post before send and therfore the message was not clear enough in retroperspective.

I thought unpacked data folders overwrite *.acd, as same as 'extracted' textures doing with *.kn5.

So is the content of data for the folder and *.acd identical for each paticular car?

I thought unpacked data folders overwrite *.acd, as same as 'extracted' textures doing with *.kn5.
So is the content of data for the folder and *.acd identical for each paticular car?
Otherwise than the KN5-texture the acd file have a higher priority than the data folder like you can read it here :roflmao:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...orking-on-thread.126119/page-105#post-2498354
And the content of data for the folder and *.acd identical for each paticular car :thumbsup:

Apologies for this confusion, but just to clarify why @After_Midnight said.

With the old version, anything before V8, there was issues, so we wanted a clean base to work from and can now build on this, know that all the changes that was / have been made worked, with no left overs from the previous versions.

The only way to ensure this, was to do what we have done, and apologies this has caused confusion, but it was necessary

I can ensure you all, that future updates will APPEAR on here, and that no other random update will appear.

Thank you for your support

Regards

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back