Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Midnight will explain all, very soon...
I'll try to explain why we acted like this, what are the changes done by myself and what we should try to achieve.
First things first. We've made the decision to remove all Ginetta mod related stuff from RD to avoid more confusion, trouble, missmatches, to hardware demanding skins for lower end rigs, "bug-fixing-update-festival" and so on.
Because its a shame all the amount of work and time, all the great steps forward we've done with the Ginetta mod's will be covered by things like that.

What I've done so far:
- annoying Fonsecker until he has done the new awesome sounds :p
- new modec display
- new Team Hard skin (changing it thousend times to make Shaun happy, but he want still changes :D)
- collecting different skins out of the packs which Shaun provides as skinpacks (the skin are NOT my work and all
credits to the creators)
- resize all textures to Kunos standarts (there is still no need for 4k blurred tire texture :roflmao: and reduce the skin sizes
from over 1GB to about 225 MB :thumbsup:
- reworking wrong textures or add the missing once, delete not nessesary outdated stuff (Kunos update related)
- add new livery png's in the skin selection
- change the entrys of the ui_skin.json
- add the right name tags for every driver on the rear window
- add the skin.ini for every skin (with the nessesary entry car color related) to avoid white drivers and pitcrews all over
- figured out the issue of invisble window (settings related and fixed by Wack) and also fixed the rear window issue
(wrong alpha channel g55_Glass_Windows_D.dds. Now its nessecary to add this texture to every skin folder)
- maybe more but I'm to old to remember me correctly :geek:

What we should try to achieve:
- providing complete Ginetta mod's for the community, complete in terms of content and looking
- trying to get all bugs out, especially avoidable issues like no sound or invisble windows (checked by testers)
- making the mod's easy to handle for the community in terms of installation and hardware resource requirements
- providing the best we can do to make the community happy :rolleyes:

Greets After_Midnight

Last edited:
...and give old useless tire texture a new home:
YTVLrnh.jpg

Evening all,

Well after a time of radio silence, I thought I report in and give you all an update as to what is what, so here goes.

1) Ginetta
We are working on small fixes, as suggested by the community and Fonsecker gave us an improved sound, which is amazing, but like he does, there is a couple of other bits he wants to do, so new patch will be out when tested and completed.

2) Bentley GT3
Unfortunately, we had a look at this, and there is just so many problems with it, that it will take so much work. There is a rip (forza or something I think) is doing the rounds now, so really don't see the point.

3) Seat Leon
Some improvements coming along, we got a bit side tracked with the Ginetta's, due to the professional Team help we was getting, but again, fixes will be out in due corse.

4) British FIA Formula F4
WHAT I HERE YOU SCREAM. Yes we have been working on this for a little while. The model is based on KS Formula K, which I will explain.

The Formula K is based on the Tatuus Chassis, and based in Italy it is recognised by the FIA as F.4 series, and Spain, ADAC Germany, UAE and New Zeland use this, powered by the Abarth engine. This also has a semi automatic gearbox.

The British Formula F4, governed by the FIA, uses the Mygale Chassis and the Ford Ecoboost 1.6L engine restricted by the FIA to 160PS and has full paddle sequential gearbox system. Using the Ford Ecoboost Engine, it does have Turbo, but not as fast as the Tatuus.

Everything is controlled at FIA level, and this is now a fully recognised entry level to the path of F1 and the only UK championship which earns successful drivers points toward the FIA Superlicence.

There is obvious reasons I picked this car, well it's uk based, a team operates really close to me, and also, see below.

I am also very pleased and honoured to say that Team Principal, Stephen Hunter from JHR Developments has given us full permission to replicate Billy Mongers Livery, which we are working on.

I will try and get a video up shortly, of the WIP, but for now...

Showroom_formula_f4_15-5-2017-22-9-31.jpg

Showroom_formula_f4_15-5-2017-22-3-27.jpg

Kind Regards

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back