Cars Ginetta G55 GT4 Supercup [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
really nice car overall
few niggles that may have already been mentioned
pop in the engine sound, otherwise very nice, tyre sounds good
labels on steering wheel and rev lights can flicker quite a lot (z fighting?)
View attachment 197070
roll cage is quite bright even when there is no light coming to it, seems like should be shaded. michelin logo also seemed a bit luminous but no biggie
View attachment 197069

Hi Chris,

I have just looked at Ginetta again, and again, and again, and I cannot re-produce the problems you have posted, and for the love of me, I cannot understand why.

Can I ask, what car livery was you using at that point, and which track (should not make a difference) but want to rule everything out.

The Michelin Logo and roll cage, yes we can work on that, as they are just dds files

Thanks again for your comments and help, really appreciate it.

Shaun

Shaun Clarke updated Ginetta G55 GT4 Supercup with a new update entry:

Various updates and changes

Introducing V8.1

As suggested by the community, and also what we knew was wrong:

Sounds have been fixed so no random popping and cracking
also has a nice "punch" sound when you change up, if you get the revs right :D
Shaders for Dashboard, logo's, rollgage and internal GFX fixed
No more flickering steering wheel logos (only appeared at Nordschleife)
Flickering Rev Limiter fixed
Rev Limiter fixed
Brake Fade / Temps optimised - by GF
Default Setup more levelled out - so no more really random...

Read the rest of this update entry...

After watching some real life onboard videos, I've found two issues you should check.

1. The angle of the rear view mirror in the cockpit is little bit too large.
2. The rev lights don`t work correctly since update 8.1. The rev lights section in "digital_instruments.ini" should look like this:

[LED_0]
OBJECT_NAME=LED_Limiter_1
RPM_SWITCH=5600
EMISSIVE=0,60,0
DIFFUSE=0.2
BLINK_SWITCH=6800
BLINK_HZ=6

[LED_1]
OBJECT_NAME=LED_Limiter_2
RPM_SWITCH=5900
EMISSIVE=0,60,0
DIFFUSE=0.2
BLINK_SWITCH=6800
BLINK_HZ=6

[LED_2]
OBJECT_NAME=LED_Limiter_3
RPM_SWITCH=6200
EMISSIVE=0,60,0
DIFFUSE=0.2
BLINK_SWITCH=6800
BLINK_HZ=6

[LED_3]
OBJECT_NAME=LED_Limiter_4
RPM_SWITCH=6500
EMISSIVE=0,60,0
DIFFUSE=0.2
BLINK_SWITCH=6800
BLINK_HZ=6

After an upshift in the lower gears (1-3) the rev lights are completely off and in the higher gears (4-6) you can see only 1-2 rev lights on.

I have just watched a better one, don't know how I didn't find it, and had to do stop start and slow mo, but I have figured it out.

Will make some changes now, and then post a video, see what you think

Shaun

@Frank25 thank you for this info, but I think I have just spotted another tiny wee issue, which I would of never noticed :thumbsup: and well it's not a tiny wee issue, its a big issue, in my book anyway.

But seriously, thank you for your input, as its details like this, that makes this mod so good, as it's a community effort not just us behind the scenes drinking loads of coffee :roflmao:

Last and FINAL UPDATE coming soon. We have fixed the rear view mirror, we have fixed the rev counter, we have also (thanks to some onboard footage I got) added a texture to the harness, so it is not realistic

And with this onboard footage, I also noticed the Supercup was slightly under powered, so we have fixed this as well.

I don't think, that the rev lights in your last video work correctly. In your video I only see "no rev lights", "4 rev lights (2 left + 2 right)", "all 8 rev lights (4 left + 4 right)" and all "all 8 rev lights (4 left + 4 right) blinking for gear change."

In the 2 onboard videos in my post above, i see "2 rev lights (1 left + 1 right)", "4 rev lights (2 left + 2 right)", "6 rev lights (3 left + 3 right)", "all 8 rev lights (4 left + 4 right)" and "all 8 rev lights (4 left + 4 right) blinking for gear change." You should be aware, that in the 2 onboard videos, you can only see the right rev light line, as the left rev lights line is hidden behind the steering wheels!
The rev lights (left + right) have to work like this: 1+1 / 2+2 / 3+3 / 4+4 / 4+4 blinking for gear change.

The rev lights section in "digital_instruments.ini" should look like this:

[LED_0]
OBJECT_NAME=LED_Limiter_1
RPM_SWITCH=5600
EMISSIVE=0,60,0
DIFFUSE=0.2
BLINK_SWITCH=6800
BLINK_HZ=6

[LED_1]
OBJECT_NAME=LED_Limiter_2
RPM_SWITCH=5900
EMISSIVE=0,60,0
DIFFUSE=0.2
BLINK_SWITCH=6800
BLINK_HZ=6

[LED_2]
OBJECT_NAME=LED_Limiter_3
RPM_SWITCH=6200
EMISSIVE=0,60,0
DIFFUSE=0.2
BLINK_SWITCH=6800
BLINK_HZ=6

[LED_3]
OBJECT_NAME=LED_Limiter_4
RPM_SWITCH=6500
EMISSIVE=0,60,0
DIFFUSE=0.2
BLINK_SWITCH=6800
BLINK_HZ=6

Last edited:
Shaun Clarke updated Ginetta G55 GT4 Supercup with a new update entry:

Final release

Well, here we are, at the end of what has been a fantastic journey, the final update to the Ginetta.

I would ask you to delete the old folder, just to make sure you have the correct LODS and DATA,ACD, preview pictures in the hope that RD uses this for future races and nobody gets a checksum error, would not want that.

So what do you have
Updated textures
Fixed a few shaders
Mirror fixed (as suggested by @Frank25 )
Fixed LED lights (again as...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering