Ginetta G55 GT4 2017

Cars Ginetta G55 GT4 2017 V1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Shaun Clarke submitted a new resource:

Ginetta G55 GT4 2017 - Ginetta GT4 with BOP

View attachment 235384

I present the Ginetta GT4 2017 version. This is not to be compared to the Supercup version.

The difference is as follows:

It is heavier,
Lower rear wing
50bhp more and more Torgue
Full GT lights, pits and racing
Hard Tyres Only

With help of @Ross Macfarlane I have tried to match BOP with the Porsche and Maserati as close as possible. In real life ( FIA or MSA) the BOP changes on every track for the Ginetta, so I did ask you all...

Read more about this resource...

Can you move the bonnet camera a bit higher and the dashcam camera too?
I see myself tempted to stretch myself to be able to see more of the road

Hi All,

Firstly thank you for your comments and rating. Now that over 700+ people have downloaded in less than 24hrs :confused: Can you tell me about the performance against the other two. I think with the help of @Ross Macfarlane and he knows what he is talking about, but 1400 eyes are better than 4 :geek::thumbsup:

Also is there anything else, apart from:

Shadows
Camera's

Thanks again

Shaun

First, thanks :)

Wanted to point out the texture of the tires looks like this

https://imgur.com/a/8PqRf
8PqRf

Hi guys !

So first of all I've spotted some differences in the preview pictures:
GT4
preview.jpg preview.jpg
Supercup (I know its not the supercup thread :x)
preview.jpg preview.jpg

While trying the car i didn't look too close at the models / skins, it looks good on replay overall and that's fine (for me).
I love the sound you made.
Performance wise the GT4 is pretty close to the others and that's great.
But I've a few things to spot:
1. Compared to the other cars the ginetta is too smooth on dampers and spring (looking at the ratios the car is meant to race in Great Britain) I would stiffen even arbs if you ask me (well maybe only the front one).
2. Setup: there is too much choice, the Porsche and the Maseratti have less possibilities in setup. The setup range for toe should be bigger, i mean from at least 0.10 to -0.10 in car status (still 10 step but bigger changes), for dampers, spring and arbs, the grain is too thin, who will spot the difference between 88 and 89nm for springs ?
Same for traction control should have less choice (maybe off, 1 and 2 ?)

So after a few try to setup the car as close as the others cars the feeling was very good, the braking is powerful, the car was oversteery as intended at corner exit (love it).
The result was only 2 tens difference between the Ginetta and the Porsche at Tor Poznan (the Ginetta wins ofc ;) lol)

I can say it, it's another great addition guys ! :D

Can't wait to see the bigger one comes to tickle the GT3 class !

Hi Shaun,

We're currently testing the car in the ACRL-league to see if it can fit with the other 2 GT4s from Kunos, and ehm, we're currently seeing that the car is massively outperforming both of the other GT4s (Maserati and Porsche). Which seems to be contrary to what @Guillaume Francois above suggests.

If you want I can link you to our data (ptracker, stracker and some replays if need be) to improve the BoP of the class. Because it would be a shame if the car can not be used within the class due to it being so imbalanced.

Will have way more data on sunday when we run 2 test races, but let me know if you want to know the results of the tests.

Cheers.

Added a screenshot of our initial test results. And that was with custom setups on the Kunos GT4s and stock on the Ginetta.

0l0bxXJ.png

Quick note: Tuomas' time was on the old tire model, funnily enough our laptimes back in the day were almost the same (I was +0.05 on Tuomas), and on the new tire model the Porsche is still around exactly the same pace. So don't let the date of Tuomas' laptime fool you.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back