Ginetta G55 GT4 2017

Cars Ginetta G55 GT4 2017 V1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Rune,

Your input is very welcomed. Like I said and like the community said, this was going to be a work in progress, and the more input / feedback I get the better I can make it.

I had to take a "stab in the dark" to begin with and with @Ross Macfarlane testing for me I knew we would be close, but maybe not perfect.

Also remember that some tracks the Ginetta is quicker, some it is slower, so it was trying to get a balance which is difficult.

But thank you for you comments, it is clearly something i can work on

Shaun

Please try the car with other springs setting, Front at 118nm, Rear at 102nm, max dampers (slow only)
and of course reduce the ride eight front and rear, I wanna know if the car is still that quick, because in this case then it could be the drag or tire rolling resistance, but i'm not convinced.

Is body map (or what ever it's called) working with this car? I'm trying to make a matte black paint.

If it works, what's the correct name for the map file?

Thanks

I might add that I've made matte paints before to Kunos cars, so not totally unfamiliar with the subject.

I found g55_body_m.dds file from one of the cars in the mod pack, but it doesn't do anything when I save my own file with that name.

Well, after the two test races we found some interesting things. First thing we noticed is that the Ginetta outperformed the Maserati by quite a margin. But the more worrying thing was that after adjusting setups and getting close to the optimal, the Maserati outperforms kunos' Porsche quite drastically too, it's not just the Ginetta.

The average gap between the Ginetta and the Maserati is about .5-.7, depending on the track. Both cars rely on cornering speed more so than their straightline performance (compared to the Porsche).

At Paul Ricard WTCC the gap between the Maserati and Ginetta was around ~.5 of a second, with the optimal sectors added for the Ginetta being a 1:30:800 (under our conditions, 98% grip & 25C ambient), where-as the Maserati could be pushed to a 1:31:35-1:31:4.

At Catalunya GP the gap was a bit bigger, as the lack of ABS started hurting the Maseratis braking performance in the big brakezones combined with the elevation changes. Gap at Catalunya was between 7-8 tenths.

The Porsches were hopelessly off the pace, and not just due to the drivers because afterwards we did some extra testing (making sure fast drivers drove all car/track combinations) and the Porsche is on average 6-8 tenths slower than the Maserati, even with setup work.

The main issue is that the Porsche simply does not create a comparable amount of DF to the Maserati (Lut file shows max of 1.2 on the Porsche vs 1.4 on the Maserati). Now I know the Porsche is not the GT4 spec car, but the cup car variant of the cayman, still we kind of expected them to be closer.

So in the end, I very much doubt it'll be possible to balance all 3 cars. I think, and these are just my personal thoughts, that the only 2 cars worth balancing here are the Ginetta and the Maserati, since they are closest in pace and should be the same category of car.

I love this mod. It is such a welcome addition to the stock GT4 field. I have driven the Cayman GT4 CS a lot and I really enjoy the contrast; the Ginetta is less tail-happy and has to be driven in a whole other way better suited to fast cars with a bit more understeer, a bigger engine and more weight. I ran against it in a 20-lap race against the AI at Brands Hatch; it is just as much fun to dice with as it is to drive. Here is the entire race; it's as good and as close, a racing experience against the AI as I have had on AC. You will see that I provide links to the download in the video comment. Thanks again.

Firstly, I would like to thank you all for you comments, your dedication to racing and feedback.

Now I am totally confused as to what to do. I know, the 1st rule of modding is you will never ever make everybody happy, but if you scroll through this, I have seriously conflicting information.

I have more than one person telling me, it's perfect (comparison) and yet I have others saying, it's not.

Now as a community project, I need to know / understand.

1. Does it need changing?
  2. What are your suggestions?
I am not talking about the model, just about the comparison / BOP compared to the Porsche and Maserti. I knew from day one this would never be perfect, but I also thought I could get it close.

Again thank you all for your time and input

Regards

Sahun

Firstly, I would like to thank you all for you comments, your dedication to racing and feedback.

Now I am totally confused as to what to do. I know, the 1st rule of modding is you will never ever make everybody happy, but if you scroll through this, I have seriously conflicting information.

I have more than one person telling me, it's perfect (comparison) and yet I have others saying, it's not.

Now as a community project, I need to know / understand.

1. Does it need changing?
  2. What are your suggestions?
I am not talking about the model, just about the comparison / BOP compared to the Porsche and Maserti. I knew from day one this would never be perfect, but I also thought I could get it close.

Again thank you all for your time and input

Regards

Sahun
You can't make everyone happy, like you say. You have to decide what you're want to achieve with the mod.

For most single player purposes the car is fine as is, for league racing, it's not yet there.

But if you try to make it fit for league racing, aka getting it in line with the other 2 cars, you're potentially hurting the single player experience, since AI drive cars differently and their performance with the mod will thus start to change as well.

I have noticed the Porsche and Maserati are far from equal, so I would leave it as it is
HI mate,

What do you mean far from equal?

Leave the Ginetta as it is?

This is what I am trying to figure out from your all. Is there anything I can change, like somebody has suggested, make it middle point to the Mas and the Porsche?

Would that be a good idea?

Shaun

HI mate,

What do you mean far from equal?

Leave the Ginetta as it is?

This is what I am trying to figure out from your all. Is there anything I can change, like somebody has suggested, make it middle point to the Mas and the Porsche?

Would that be a good idea?

Shaun
The Porsche and Maserati outperform themselves at different tracks, as does the Ginetta, you can only make them suitable and equal for one track, when it comes to the next one they are different again.
I would leave it as it is

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years