Ginetta G55 GT4 2017

Cars Ginetta G55 GT4 2017 V1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Content Manager can handle BoPing, so I'm in favor of physics as close to real as possible.

So am I, its just not possible. This is because FIA/MSA change the BOP for the Ginetta for every track at every event, and we can't do this in AC as you know as this is server controlled.

All I can so is match is as best I can

Shaun

HI mate,

What do you mean far from equal?

Leave the Ginetta as it is?

This is what I am trying to figure out from your all. Is there anything I can change, like somebody has suggested, make it middle point to the Mas and the Porsche?

Would that be a good idea?

Shaun

Ginetta outperforms both cars on virtually every track, if you can slow it down 2-3 tenths then it should be good enough for Single Player.

Maserati is faster than the Porsche on every track as well, no point in attempting to balance all 3 is what I'm saying.

Shaun Clarke updated Ginetta G55 GT4 2017 with a new update entry:

Updated Ginetta GT4

Hi All,

Well as promised, here is the updated Ginetta GT4 with the following updates.

Fixed Shadows
Improved Tyre Texture (by @After_Midnight )
View attachment 237813
Fixed rear window shaders
Improved rear brake lights texture
View attachment 237814
Added British GT4 Windscreen Banner as default
(you can still change this in your livery file)
View attachment 237815
Moved the Brake housing to where it should be (thanks to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi.

First of all, thanks for creating these great cars.

I'm completely new to mods and I have installed a few cars and some other things. I feel that all the cars I download have to good traction. Are traction a difficult thing for modders?

Touch a Kerb and punch the power, see how much traction you have then LOL.

These cars (Ginetta's) are very well known for the low COG, handling and braking.

Have you tried my Seat Leon Eurocup, FWD with 0 grip when you punch the power, and people love it

Shaun

Hehe. Of course you can spin it if you want. My comparison is the Ginettas from the Project Cars series.

I haven't tried the Seat yet, but I have it installed. I just need to find the time.

Last edited:
@luathas thank you for your effects, but there is no indicator lights on this racing car, full stop. I have spent time at actual racing meets and testing and they don't have indicator lights.

Also the brakes are grooved, not C slots as I witnessed a whole brake change @ Snetterton and damn, I wish my own garage would replace my brakes that quick LOL.

Your only problem now, is you will not be able to race your version online, as you have changed the encryption of the data.acd file, but hopefully you know this :thumbsup:

Regards

Shaun

This & Brands Hatch is bliss. https://streamable.com/iqdlp ( from the Maser driver ).

*Maybe* the brakes leave you with a bit too much confidence - I was certainly hurling the car into Druids & stamping on the pedal without worry of going anywhere I didn't want to - but still an awesomely entertaining experience.

I noticed Will Tregurtha in one of Nicki Thiim's iRacing streams the other day ( so top tier and must be a sim vet ) - perhaps he might be open to sharing some thoughts?

Thanks for your comments. This version wasn't tested, as it was impossible to BOP it like the other GT4 cars due to the FIA rules of BOP'ing, so this was my best guess.

The Supercup version of this mod, is used at a driver training school, and had loads of positive feedback about that :thumbsup:

Shaun

It seems close enough that driver error can be a bigger factor than performance, which is good enough for me at the moment ( given myself & everyone I race against at the moment tend to not be paragons of consistency right now ). It's not like the Porka & the Maser are fantastically balanced against each other either. I've started to fall in love with GT4 though, wish there were more! still, extremely happy to have this one.

I do have a bit of a query/possibly moan though: is the TCS really that harsh? there seems to be no difference between 1 and 10, and it's really aggressive. I don't actually mind turning it off most of the time, but there's the odd track it's nice to have it on. That autoclutch is also driving me a bit mad.

Hi, I have just started doing some driving again and have been enjoying GT4 category...
I have noticed and i looked through the thread to see if it had been reported but i could not see it anywhere...

the part on the rear of the car that is a wire mesh where the number plate might belong goes see through and you can see right through the car is there a way i can stop that via CM at all?

thanks

Hi, I have just started doing some driving again and have been enjoying GT4 category...
I have noticed and i looked through the thread to see if it had been reported but i could not see it anywhere...

the part on the rear of the car that is a wire mesh where the number plate might belong goes see through and you can see right through the car is there a way i can stop that via CM at all?

thanks
Hi mate,
If your reply is related to the highlighted wire meshes:
CAto4qm.jpg

I don't think its an issue if you can see right trough it because it just a wire mesh. Same will go for the two meshes behind the rear wheels. You can also look through it and see the tires.

Similar meshes are on the original car as well like you can see here:
khHkztx.jpg

I hope its useful :thumbsup:

Greets After_Midnight

Thanks for replying. I will try be more discript. At a distance, let’s guess at 50-100m it totally disappears and you can see right through and out the front of the car to the fence or whatever is in front of it. So it’s like the whole front of car and that middle upper mesh section disappear. Thanks. Really enjoy the GT4.

Hi Rob,

The GT4 version was not a dedicated version, it was what the community asked for, and to be honest, it was a "bodge" job, as there was very minimal info out there, due to PC having the license, so we tried to make the best we could with minimal info so that the Porsche and Mass had something else to race with. It was far from perfect, but a good attempt.

The problem you say is due to LODS and this is no easy fix, I am sorry for that.

Regards

Shaun

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes