Giedo van der Garde wins Sauber court case

Annoying part as it seemed Sauber were back in with a chance of getting somewhere this season. God knows what this means for them

Personally I'd rather see them fail. These unpaid but sponsor laden drivers are ruining the sport, among other things, like the FIA, but I think the FIA may come around once they finally grasp they are losing fans worldwide at a very rapid clip.

Sauber tried to pull a fast one to get more money, and it's coming back to bite them in the ass big time.

The whole safety statement is below the belt anyway, sauber knows this is a delicate subject after last year. They should be ashamed using it in such a manner.

This is a very messy situation for Sauber although I'm glad that VDG has got a seat he deserved I doubt we've heard the last of this matter Sauber will respond another way to get Ericsson or Nasr back in the second seat

Well, it seems I didn't miss a lot during my sleep. I will be once again glued to the screen as of 10.30pm GMT (ie. 09.30am AUS time). I hope this hearing will be broadcast again like the verdict last night.

I don't think Sauber is doing any good by dragging it on. They have no ground to stand on and the verdict will be the exact same. On top of that who knows what will happen is Giedo can't drive after he's given a contract to drive, might get costly too but I guess they've got their Brazilian money for that :thumbsup:

I wonder if this gives codemasters an idea about a dlc-pack for their F1-games... "F1, the pre-season drama pack"
I doubt it, however they could thange they're your drivers academy they have at the start of carreer mode to a court battle you have to win before you're able to drive :roflmao::roflmao:

I don't think Sauber is doing any good by dragging it on. They have no ground to stand on and the verdict will be the exact same. On top of that who knows what will happen is Giedo can't drive after he's given a contract to drive, might get costly too but I guess they've got their Brazilian money for that :thumbsup:

Yes, this is not some B.S. FIA ruling. This is a Court of Law. Sauber is mandated to follow their ruling, with no wiggle room, unless they want to just avoid those countries, which would defeat the purpose. Besides, the FIA would look rather silly allowing them to use some quirk of International law, even if there is one. There may be some International Tribunals to appeal to, but I doubt it. The case must have been pretty clear cut...because Courts don't usually do this kind of thing.

Timeline wise they should sack Nasr, as after signing Ericson they had two contracts already.. Nasr came as 3rd.... He brings the title sponsor though... What a mess / soap...

Peter Sauber should sack that dragon of a "team boss", maybe promote his son which works for the company since 2010 or so...

Well done Giedo - I am happy to see justice served when a team acts in such a manner. I just hope we see him in F1 in the future, if not, it would be yet another another waste of talent :(

al3K7bE.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back