Giedo van der Garde wins Sauber court case

What will be interesting now is what the existing Sauber drivers have in their contracts regarding having a seat for the 2015 season.

Sauber could find themselves in a vicious circle of s**t if they drop another contracted driver.

What will be interesting now is what the existing Sauber drivers have in their contracts regarding having a seat for the 2015 season.

Sauber could find themselves in a vicious circle of s**t if they drop another contracted driver.

The question is, if the last contract(s) are valid, as they have sold a non-existing product. Sauber might just have to pay back the money they got, and then damages.

aye, Sauber seems to get torn to pieces so far. I wonder how aggressive the judges are towards Ericsson/Nasr lawyers and even VDG's team when they get to speak.

Though I don't really get why Ericsson and Nasr's lawyers are allowed to speak as the judge yesterday already ruled that they (in the judgement: the 'Other Drivers') are no part in this dispute between VDG and Sauber, even though they might be affected by the outcome. That's why they weren't allowed to speak during Monday's hearing.

I'm jumping in here with you guys, did I miss something? :x3:

To quote another guy
"The verdict can happen pronto. Judges are pissed and Sauber is dumb"

So, nah. Not really.

EDIT:
This was after 1 min

Adam Cooper @adamcooperF1 · 55m55 minutes ago
The three judges are already giving @SauberF1Team lawyer a hard time. They are much better informed than yesterday and taking no nonsense

then it just continued.

Adam Cooper @adamcooperF1 · 54m54 minutes ago
Judge tells @SauberF1Team "The point is you agreed to do something and that's what you should be doing..."

Adam Cooper @adamcooperF1 · 47m47 minutes ago
'@SauberF1Team using @GvanderGarde's lack of a superlicence as its key piece of evidence...

Adam Cooper @adamcooperF1 · 38m38 minutes ago
Exasperated judges keep asking @SauberF1Team why all the preparations for @GvanderGarde to drive were not done earlier...
(It is the teams that have to apply for a SuperLicense)

Kate Jones @Kate_Jones7 · 34m34 minutes ago
#F1: Judges ask Sauber why it hasn't challenged Swiss court's order allowing van der Garde to drive until now, when it's almost too late.

Adam Cooper @adamcooperF1 · 32m32 minutes ago
Judges keen to point out that @GvanderGarde won the first judgement against @SauberF1Team on Dec 3 and team has had plenty of warning

Adam Cooper @adamcooperF1 · 31m31 minutes ago
The @SauberF1Team lawyer was incorrect in telling driver applies for superlicence. Process is responsibility of the team

Kate Jones @Kate_Jones7 · 30m30 minutes ago
#F1 Court: Judge asks Sauber lawyer: "You have a contract. Why don't you just comply with it?" Clearly some frustration from the bench.

Kate Jones @Kate_Jones7 · 22m22 minutes ago
#F1 Court: Sauber's lawyer interprets order as only applying within Australia. Wouldn't affect rest of F1 season elsewhere. Judges disagree.

Aaaand that's where we are now! :)

vwMin.gif

Kate Jones @Kate_Jones7 · 5m5 minutes ago
#F1: Sauber statement from Dec 3 said 'teams are flexible' & 'driver-specific changes are done quickly.' Lawyer now insists 2 wks for seat.

2 weeks. Ye. Right.

I can actually see two things happening. Sauber ending under article 151(c) ."fraudulent conduct or any act prejudicial to the interests of any competition or to the interests of motor sport generally"
And, if they keep on. They might be held for contempt of court.

2 weeks?
I swear a 2-part foam moulded seat can be knocked up in the pit garage.

We saw it when Bianchi went from Force India to Marussia mid-testing a couple years ago.

Unless I'm taking the word 'seat' too literal in this context?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 317 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 217 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%