Resource icon

Other GID patched for AMS 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Flickering screen in game just press CTRL + F
Sorry, what do you mean? I'm aware Ctrl-F shows the FPS counter, w/c shows my low FPS, but it doesn't solve my issue. Tried running from both Steam and AMS.exe directly, same dropped FPS issue.

@velardo, guys, do you have AMS.exe running as Admin? I can't run it w/o 'Run as Admin', as I get an error w/o it. Wonder what's conflicting with GID on my setup.

Been having an issue with my GID and I'm not sure how it would be fixed, I've tried everything I can think of.

In Races the Grid box shows fastest lap ran, just like if it was practice, not the distance to the leader. From what I've read, it should automatically switch from showing fast lap in each session to time behind in the race.

I've reinstalled the files a couple times and avoided setting each session to use the same config, but they do anyway. I can't reload defaults as the game just crashes and doesn't change it.

Never had this issue before in rf1 or rf2 and in both of those I've set all sessions to use the same config. Not a huge deal but would be nice to have it working correctly. Surprised this doesn't seem to happen to anyone else, though this is a smaller sampel size than rf1 had :). I Kind of figured the issue is that it's a rf1 build not one built for AMS.

Thanks if anyone has ideas.

P.S. a comment to the flickering, crtl - f does work. Primarily, at Sebring any version I've played it always flickers (though I would call it blinking), including rF2.

Question about the WGL (wheels grip level) box, it shows that the car is touching the road even if it is on stock setup, why is that?

It is F3 car.

Last edited:
hello,

i did install GID,
but i have a little problem.
in the leaderboard (GRID perhaps is correct name), it works correct in quali for example, as it shows the laptimes gaps to leader (or to me, if i change this in config.txt), but in race is makes same, gaps to leader laptime (or my laptime), so it shows laptimes and not the standings (gaps to cars in front and behind me), it looks like, that GID do not understand that it is racesession and not practise or quali session.
do other people have same problem? and do perhaps someone knows how i can fix this problem?, i did in config.txt changed to 1,2,3 and 4 but never it shows the gaps to opponents, laptimes gaps.

and another little problem i have, i have always 100% engine, is this normal?

thanks for answear
servus
Been having an issue with my GID and I'm not sure how it would be fixed, I've tried everything I can think of.

In Races the Grid box shows fastest lap ran, just like if it was practice, not the distance to the leader. From what I've read, it should automatically switch from showing fast lap in each session to time behind in the race.

I've reinstalled the files a couple times and avoided setting each session to use the same config, but they do anyway. I can't reload defaults as the game just crashes and doesn't change it.

Never had this issue before in rf1 or rf2 and in both of those I've set all sessions to use the same config. Not a huge deal but would be nice to have it working correctly. Surprised this doesn't seem to happen to anyone else, though this is a smaller sampel size than rf1 had :). I Kind of figured the issue is that it's a rf1 build not one built for AMS.

Thanks if anyone has ideas.

P.S. a comment to the flickering, crtl - f does work. Primarily, at Sebring any version I've played it always flickers (though I would call it blinking), including rF2.

I have the same problem. It is as if the session "RACE" was not detected. In fact in TIMER box, when you are in the race, show QUALY or PACTICE.

Thanks

Is there any way to have a full leaderboard on screen instead of just 10 drivers?

yes go to
Steam library steamapps common rFactor 2 Bin64 Plugins Trackmap Images Hud then select GRID )notepad file) and change these settings into this or what you want
MaxLengtName = 16
NumDrivers =4
Rows = 30
Interlines = 1

Rows = nr of drivers in leaderboard put 100 if you should want :cool:

gd luck

Prefer this to Dynhud so have removed dynhud folder and .dll from AMS a plus for this is going to track is instant, just 2 updates would make this perfect correct race data in grid box and engine from 100%.

I have a bug with the GID plugin while i'm in the menu in Automobilista (,Ingame the plugin works perfectly), i have a bad english but will try to explain.
i have surimposed images, every thing i made in the menu made an over superposed image, you cannot read everything after this.
alt tab solved the problem, back to windows and back to the game (only one image at time on the menu) but as soon as you travel to menu race test etc..., images are surimposed again.
how can i solve that?
is the flickering options preset has something to do with this bug?

i hope this is understable in english because its a very annoying bug in a perfect ingame plugin
thanks for any incoming help :D

edit: when i am in a race, i have the trackmap on my screen even when i am in the pit for setup changes

Last edited:
Hi guys,
First, half of the question here can be answered by RTFM !
Like "toggle the map off"... page 32 :
KeyboardKeyMode: NUMPAD 0, Change Map mode: Fixed, Rotation AND OFF.
(for reference, print out page 32 & 33)

GID_AMS_Patched.ZIP\Plugins\GID\Docs\GIDv1_1_ENG.pdf

There is no need to post bugs and issues as no one is working on fixing anything.
The rumor is the original coder has sold (?) the code and the rights to some sim publisher... a while ago.

So, please post your solutions.

Issues :
1- The sessions are not recognized.
Race shows as Practice so Multiple Layout don't work too well.​
2- Flickering
In Automobilista\Plugins\GID\gidconf.txt, change the FlickeringMode (line #4). For me, zero use to work fine but I had to change it to 1 lately (maybe eFX install). It could be the latest AMS version or the new mod I'm presently running at MNRL.​
3-

---
I do run AMS on admin rights. Can't stand having UserData under MyDocuments.
General Operating System Information :
If you install on the System drive, c:\ , the OS (Win10) will protect itself and point your user folder to something like:
C:\Users\[YourWindowsUserName]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\[GameName]\UserData\[PlayerName]\[PlayerName].plr

WGL widget, shows the car is scrubbing on the ground
The Widget base settings are set for GT cars. Under Automobilista\Plugins\GID\Images\HUD\,
in the WGL(x).TxT file of the one you're using (1,2,3,4), line 15to18 or 17to19 look like:
MinHeight = 1.0
MidHeight = 5.0
MaxHeight = 10.0

Trial and error...
MinHeight = 0.5
MidHeight = 1.5
MaxHeight = 3.0

Do not overwrite the original, save it with a specific name like WGL_F3.TXT, also make a copy of the TGA and name it in the same way : WGL_F3.TGA Don't forget to set GID to use you custom files.

---
...while I'm in the menu of Automobilista, in game, the plugin works perfectly, [but] I have superimposed images, every thing I made [do] in the menu made [makes] a ... superimposed image, you cannot read everything after this.
Is the flickering options preset has something to do with this bug?
Edit: when I am in a race, I have the trackmap on my screen even when I am in the pit for setup changes

Monstro,
If I understand right, when you change something on some AMS interface screen, the letters, the numbers don't erase themselves, they just keep on writing over themselves... and when you get back in the menu screens after driving, you have the car in the pits as a background...

Did you install a newer version of SweetFX, eFX or ReShade ?
YES, do try the a different Flicker setting (line #4, FlickeringMode in gidconf.txt).
I cannot tell you how I fixed this issue myself but after installing eFX (not recommended for AMS) I had that same issue. I reread all the instructions and recopied all the files. When I went to drive, it was flickering. I changed the FlickeringMode setting and all is perfect... for now... dunno! :unsure:

---
My biggest problem is: I'm using the WEAR widget an the engine wear stays at 100%.
Anyone figured out a solution for that?

Last edited:
Hello. By using this hud the grid widget toggles the parametres on/off whenever i shift up using my wheel. Is there any way i can prevent this from happening?

P/S:Nvm, you can do that by making the gridmode/gridclass lines on gidconfig comments.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back