F1 2012 GFWL No More, Steam Here We Come

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Andrew Bortz

GoldenBortz
By the looks of it GFWL are being dropped for 2012 there is now a steamworks badge on the affiliation for the game. Amazed no one has commented about this here yet.

(Edit) Ok so there has been a comment in another thread oops.

I just mean really is my Steam profile name my gamertag then? Or is it my steam account name? Or something else?

Obviously I'll find out in September, but I was just curious.

I don't use that Xbox live thing, because it's horrible, so don't know the specifics on gamertags :D

Basically, you're the only one who needs to know your Steam account name. It isn't listed anywhere, and nobody else needs to know it. I use it only to log in to Steam.
People can add you if they know your account name, but they can add you without it anyway.

Your profile name (and community page URL), is easily changeable. And that's the thing used by default in most games.

Very good decision and a first step in the right direction :) Now bring on those dedicated servers and the online fun and massive leagues can really begin :) CM will have to as I don't think PC racers will buy the game in large numbers if they don't give us the option to increase the slots for an online race.
Not just the option to increase slots... the network managment of GFWL is absolutely ****. Clearly CM doesn't pay enough attention to its consumers. How often we long for "better cameras", "no GFWL" (since F1 2010), yet CM doesn't even manage to do those things~

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back