Games crashes after downloading CSP and Sol

someone know why my game crashes after i install custom shaders on? i tried to deactive them, to search in the games files if something is missing, but all looks ok.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!1!!!!!1!!!!!!
immagine_2023-08-13_004917622.png

Hello my questioning friend.
How did you install everything?
Was AC previously virgin so vanilla?
Did you have any apps installed?
You don't give any information. Only it crashes.
Does your CSP version support your SOL version?
It's like when you call a garage and say your car is making a noise and you want to know what that is. Even the best car mechanic cannot do anything without more precise information.
This error message can mean anything or nothing.
I can only tell you from my experience that if you follow the installation instructions from CSP and Sol exactly, it works. You should always make a backup copy.
My plan would be as follows:
First uninstall Assetto Corsa completely via Steam. Various data remain.
The folder must also be deleted. You have to uninstall this manually. No residual data may remain. Now delete the folder in the documents folder. Those are just your stats, but that's better.
You never know. Now delete the csp folder.
For me it is in user/user/appdata/local. It's called AcTools Content Manager. At least for me.
Done. Now the last byte should also have been removed.
Install Assetto. Create backup copy.
When it works Download the latest CM and follow the installation instructions 100 percent.
If AC starts and runs via the Content Manager, delete old Backup and create a new backup copy.
Download SOL and follow the installation instructions 100% again.
Now set exactly as it says in the SOL documentation. Then it should work.
I know that takes time. There is no quick fix. Fast always means doing it twice.
Another tip.
If it works and you want to install mods. Always and I repeat always install by hand.
The same applies here. Install a mod. Testing. No Backup needed.
Only then install the next mod etc.
It takes time, but you know immediately which mod is causing problems and you can delete it.
Don't rely on drag and drop. Not every modder sticks to the folder structure. Unfortunately.
There are enough topics that confirm this.
It all sounds cumbersome, old-fashioned or overcautious, but that's how I've been doing it since MS-DOS 6.22 and I'm fine with it.
If, despite my own caution, problems should arise, it is usually only a matter of settings and these are quickly resolved.

Hello my questioning friend.
How did you install everything?
Was AC previously virgin so vanilla?
Did you have any apps installed?
You don't give any information. Only it crashes.
Does your CSP version support your SOL version?
It's like when you call a garage and say your car is making a noise and you want to know what that is. Even the best car mechanic cannot do anything without more precise information.
This error message can mean anything or nothing.
I can only tell you from my experience that if you follow the installation instructions from CSP and Sol exactly, it works. You should always make a backup copy.
My plan would be as follows:
First uninstall Assetto Corsa completely via Steam. Various data remain.
The folder must also be deleted. You have to uninstall this manually. No residual data may remain. Now delete the folder in the documents folder. Those are just your stats, but that's better.
You never know. Now delete the csp folder.
For me it is in user/user/appdata/local. It's called AcTools Content Manager. At least for me.
Done. Now the last byte should also have been removed.
Install Assetto. Create backup copy.
When it works Download the latest CM and follow the installation instructions 100 percent.
If AC starts and runs via the Content Manager, delete old Backup and create a new backup copy.
Download SOL and follow the installation instructions 100% again.
Now set exactly as it says in the SOL documentation. Then it should work.
I know that takes time. There is no quick fix. Fast always means doing it twice.
Another tip.
If it works and you want to install mods. Always and I repeat always install by hand.
The same applies here. Install a mod. Testing. No Backup needed.
Only then install the next mod etc.
It takes time, but you know immediately which mod is causing problems and you can delete it.
Don't rely on drag and drop. Not every modder sticks to the folder structure. Unfortunately.
There are enough topics that confirm this.
It all sounds cumbersome, old-fashioned or overcautious, but that's how I've been doing it since MS-DOS 6.22 and I'm fine with it.
If, despite my own caution, problems should arise, it is usually only a matter of settings and these are quickly resolved.
Alr so, i have played assetto corsa for the firts time like 2 days ago, and i tried to install some mod so i searched how to install mods on assetto corsa, some guide on yt tells first of all to download Content Manager and so i download it, atleast they said to install Sol (they dont specific how or the version, they only shows the manual input and the auto one dropping the file in with Content Manager so i tried the manual one), so i tried to open the game via Content Manager and my screen turn black, i wait and it pops up this error, onestly my reaction was like wtf so i close the game and i open it again, nothing changed, i tried to close Content Manager and open it all again, same thing , i restart my pc, same thing, but yesterday i tried to use the 0.1.73 CPS version, and it almost worked, i only think i only need a compatible version of Sol, if you can please sent me the link for the compatible one idk even how to thanks you
(i tried to make a Integrity Check by steam and it says it was ok so onestly i continue to belive is the Sol version the problem)

Step #1: Download the latest version of CM and replace your already installed Content Manager.exe with this one: https://github.com/gro-ove/actools/releases/

Step #2: Download the latest version of SOL and installed it following EXACTLY the installation guide, linked within this thread: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sol.24914/

Step #3: Start CM, switch to Settings -> Custom Shaders Patch -> About & Updates and install the latest version of public CSP, atm v0.1.179

Step #4: Switch to extension WeatherFX and chose Sol as Weather Style.

Step #5: Switch to tab DRIVE -> Single and chose Sol as Controller in the dropdown "Weather"

Step #6: Start a race, practice session, whatever and enjoy.

And a basic but important rule: If its not a car or a track, never ever install it by drag and drop to Content Manager. Even some cars and some tracks wont work with a drag and drop installation!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.