HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
1689873993762-png.681573

1689873804733-png.681571
A46D0054.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

This week we're following or better preceding the F1 circus to China. The F1 hasn't been to Shanghai International Circuit since the COVID pandemic but we've never races here with our cars at all.
So this is a good opportunity to learn the track for our F3 championship and also for watching the F1 on Sunday.

China_Circuit.png

Go to the FWD vs RWD series Q2 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
Useful Links:
Entry list (tab entrants)

Last edited:
That was a nice race, we could use more drivers but it was fun anyway.

PB'd in qualy, just because it was one of the very few times I hit the T1-snake right and most other parts as well. So, P4, quite allright for me, right in between the quick guys :cool:.

My only goal this race: don't crash or leave the track. Mission accomplished! Had some nice rear mirro racing with Ernie, but he's so much more consistent than I am, so just a few laps and the bait got eaten by the smoothly driven turbo trolley.

Pitted quite early to try to under cut Han and Kimi, worked with Han and very little just with Kimi. So back to rear mirror racing and the back straight did it again, couldn't defend the top speed of the Abarth. Tried to stay close to Kimi till the end while keeping an incoming Han at a distance. Came quite close to Kimi again in the last lap, but not enough to get him (which is quite hard anyways).

So, I'm happy with this one, technical corners, very challenging, but too long straight.

Congrats to the mega pace podium guys, awesome! And thanks Han, as always!

Next!

For me that was plain difficult, I had a string of problems including flying past my pit stop ( by a long way )and accompanied by despartly trying to find reverse amid the other 6 gears that i went through.
Great driving in the Suzuki Ricardo and to everyone who completed this difficult event. :)

Surprisingly good race for me tonight!
Joined quite late after a very long day and super tired, wasn't expecting much to be honest.
Could not find pace during the 5 minutes of practice I had, nor during quali.
Typical slow start for the Suzuki, then I capitalized on Han's screw up on the hairpin to gain some positions.
That ended up being a double edged sword because it got me into some battles which cost me precious times in the turns, only to lose it all in the straights. Great clean racing Han and Paulo by the way! :thumbsup:
That's when I decided to pit early and try to undercut and it worked wonders!
I was alone so I could finally get "in the zone" and find my pace - it was mostly hiding in that T1-T4 clusterf*ck, but also gaining in most turns with more trail braking and better exit speeds throughout.
By the time everyone pitted I gained back 2 positions and was close to Han and growing on his rear view mirrors.

I think this was one of the more balanced tracks for all 3 cars I've seen in the last months! Great find!

Great racing and timings from everyone, had more fun than I was expecting when I logged in tonight, thank you for that!
Congrats to the podiums and I will see you in the next one!

- Ricardo

For a track that wasn’t my favourite, I enjoyed two good battles. Some fun racing with Han in the early stages. At one point we were side by side into the t1-4 complex. Then suddenly the rear end of the Abarth appeared sideways in my peripheral vision :confused: some how we didn’t crash and it was all good.

Next was a long back and forth with Paulo. We had similar pace and both made a couple of small mistakes letting the other past. I was gutted to see Paulo in my rear view mirror visiting the scenery towards the end as the fight would have gone to the line.

While I never found the ultimate pace and the track was frustrating in places it was good to have some close racing.

6th place was best possible for me last night. Quite lonely race tbh, in early laps I Iet Ernie pass me to go after MX´s in front and hopefully slow 'em down a bit, it worked, kinda, 1 position gained there. These Tilkedromes are always terrible for me, just like german cars, boring & ugly... :)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea