PC2 Full Project CARS 2 Car List Reveal

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Full Car List Revealed.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have revealed the list of machines due to ship with the upcoming Project CARS 2 game, including some impressive cars from past and modern motorsport.

With release across Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC scheduled for early September, SMS have upped the pace of announcements in recent weeks with confirmation of pre order bonus deals (details below) and now finally the full car list scheduled to appear in the new game.

Original only expected to contain 170 vehicles, it appears that PCARS 2 will now rack up the numbers to 180 cars from nine disciplines of motorsport and 29 motorsport series.

Project CARS 2 is available to pre order now for all platforms and comes in tow different packages, Standard and Deluxe -

The Standard Edition includes:
  • The Full Game
  • The Japanese Car Pack (Honda Euro Spec Civic Type-R, Honda Project 2&4, Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Group A, Nissan 280ZX IMSA GTX)
Standard Edition is available for Xbox One (£49.99), PlayStation 4 (£49.99) and Windows PC (£44.99).

The Deluxe Edition Includes:
  • The Full Game
  • The Season Pass
  • The Japanese Car Pack (Honda Euro Spec Civic Type-R, Honda Project 2&4, Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Group A, Nissan 280ZX IMSA GTX)
  • The Motorsports Pack (Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44, Panoz Esperante GTR-1, Audi V8 DTM, Opel Astra TCR)
Deluxe Edition is available for Xbox One (£74.99), PlayStation 4 (£74.99) and Windows PC (£69.98).

The Cars:
Project CARS 2 Group 4.jpg

Project CARS 2 Group 5.jpg
Project CARS 2 Group 6.jpg
Project CARS 2 Group A.jpg
Project CARS 2 Group C.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT1.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT3 Pt1.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT3 Pt2.jpg

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC 22nd September 2017.

The Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussion around this exciting new game from Slightly Mad Studios. Check out the sub forum, get involved in the discussion and join our community as we await release later this year!

What do you think of the car list reveal for Project CARS 2? Which cars are you particularly keen to try once the game is released? Any cars missing you would like to see added in future DLC offerings? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
For me personally, the car list is missing DTM, more LMP1 cars (especially the two that are actually being used right now) and the Formula B car from PC1, which was maybe my favourite car from that game.

impressive collection, but may I say this.....

They had the Official License for Ginetta cars, and they gave dropped the Gt4 series, and kept the G50, why. They got the cars and series it was associated completely wrong, so why no just ditch the whole lot.

IMHO if you have the official license you have all the details in the world that a modder would pay for, but they totally got the whole Ginetta series incorrect.

Also, just what I have noticed, RD seems to be PC2 advertise advertise advertise on all the smallest of details...

why?

Its still content this, effects that, weather and gfx, thats all well and good, but the previous version failed due to physics, handling, FFB, the things that actually make a sim, not fancy GFX, car content and tracks.

Come on Paul, please, this is free advertisement, give us hard facts, not fancy screen shots and contents

Also, just what I have noticed, RD seems to be PC2 advertise advertise advertise on all the smallest of details...

why?

Its still content this, effects that, weather and gfx, thats all well and good, but the previous version failed due to physics, handling, FFB, the things that actually make a sim, not fancy GFX, car content and tracks.

Come on Paul, please, this is free advertisement, give us hard facts, not fancy screen shots and contents

I'm guessing RD is just reporting on the publicly released details. RD can't talk about the physics if they don't know about them.

Some details about the physics and FFB have come out, but there might be more to talk about there - hard to say. Especially with how subjective they both are to most people (see: every sim vs. sim debate/war ever as an example. AC/iR/rF2 are all both the absolute best and absolute worst depending on who's typing - from both pros and hobbyists alike). I have no solution to that, but just musing on the issue.

Nevertheless, there's two 2016 Bentleys and one 2015 Bentley. Whether they did that just to up the car list everyone should judge for themselves.

There's one Bentley. The endurance package for the car is led strip lights on the front. Remember that SRO gt3 cars don't even bother with BoP with fuel usage or fuel tanks, and just limit pit stop times and stint lengths. So sprint cars and endurance cars are the same thing.

I'm also mystified as to what a "2018 Formula X" happens to be.

Either way, interesting selection of cars, but it will do them no good if the handling feel and FFB isn't improved from pCars.

I'm pretty sure most of us that read RD are happy with what ever information about upcoming sims that can be made available. All the talk about PC1 physics and what not is redundant at least until PC2 comes and THEN we can compare. I love the car content but noticed some TBA's which I'm hoping is Ferrari which has shown up in previews I seem to recall. I'll be buying.... just a matter of when.

this is exactly the same list of pcars 1 with a few more.180 cars with proper physics is impossible in such a short time.this is definitely an arcade title like the first one to satisfy almost everyone.for iracing or assetto just for 2,3 cars we usually wait a year or more to get the data from the factories and to release a car with proper physics as close to the real life as possible.THATS A SIM IN MY BOOK. and again no laser scan trucks,no triple screen support,so basically we have a lot of eye candy for the kids thats for sure.i ll stay with iracing and assetto.you trick me the first time im not spending a cent for this clowns again.

• Fidanza99

After the first game BIG Dissappointment.. I ll never buy this suspicious thing and make a second conscious FAIL..!
just save your money and wait..and in the other hand there is also Forza Motorsport 7 is coming on PC with so many many race cars...!
then my motto is Forza Assetto Corsa..!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Im the only one that wanna see the full track list now too?
Just imagine those group C through: Fuji,LeMans,Long Beach,Daytona......
Wow no im thinking about the game and the season pass :p
you gonna get the same list of trucks of pcars 1 with a few additions simple as that. and no laser scan of course because this is not a sim and they dont care to simulate reality

this is exactly the same list of pcars 1 with a few more.180 cars with proper physics is impossible in such a short time.this is definitely an arcade title like the first one to satisfy almost everyone.for iracing or assetto just for 2,3 cars we usually wait a year or more to get the data from the factories and to release a car with proper physics as close to the real life as possible.THATS A SIM IN MY BOOK. and again no laser scan trucks,no triple screen support,so basically we have a lot of eye candy for the kids thats for sure.i ll stay with iracing and assetto.you trick me the first time im not spending a cent for this clowns again.
I don't think it's a short time considering they abandoned the first one to go for PC2 a few weeks after release lol

honestly 3 years you think its enough to simulate 180 cars with real data and telemetries from the factories?those cars are created the same way moders do.they might be enjoyable and fan to drive but pretty far from sim.
I'm not saying they are real or not, I'm saying they had the time. They have the budget to hire people to do it ;) plus if they kept the good parts of the original engine doing a car having the data is not something that takes too much time.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.