PC2 Full Project CARS 2 Car List Reveal

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Full Car List Revealed.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have revealed the list of machines due to ship with the upcoming Project CARS 2 game, including some impressive cars from past and modern motorsport.

With release across Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC scheduled for early September, SMS have upped the pace of announcements in recent weeks with confirmation of pre order bonus deals (details below) and now finally the full car list scheduled to appear in the new game.

Original only expected to contain 170 vehicles, it appears that PCARS 2 will now rack up the numbers to 180 cars from nine disciplines of motorsport and 29 motorsport series.

Project CARS 2 is available to pre order now for all platforms and comes in tow different packages, Standard and Deluxe -

The Standard Edition includes:
  • The Full Game
  • The Japanese Car Pack (Honda Euro Spec Civic Type-R, Honda Project 2&4, Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Group A, Nissan 280ZX IMSA GTX)
Standard Edition is available for Xbox One (£49.99), PlayStation 4 (£49.99) and Windows PC (£44.99).

The Deluxe Edition Includes:
  • The Full Game
  • The Season Pass
  • The Japanese Car Pack (Honda Euro Spec Civic Type-R, Honda Project 2&4, Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Group A, Nissan 280ZX IMSA GTX)
  • The Motorsports Pack (Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44, Panoz Esperante GTR-1, Audi V8 DTM, Opel Astra TCR)
Deluxe Edition is available for Xbox One (£74.99), PlayStation 4 (£74.99) and Windows PC (£69.98).

The Cars:
Project CARS 2 Group 4.jpg

Project CARS 2 Group 5.jpg
Project CARS 2 Group 6.jpg
Project CARS 2 Group A.jpg
Project CARS 2 Group C.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT1.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT3 Pt1.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT3 Pt2.jpg

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC 22nd September 2017.

The Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussion around this exciting new game from Slightly Mad Studios. Check out the sub forum, get involved in the discussion and join our community as we await release later this year!

What do you think of the car list reveal for Project CARS 2? Which cars are you particularly keen to try once the game is released? Any cars missing you would like to see added in future DLC offerings? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Well, ****.

I just learned that it turns out that the devs ran out of time to implement a controller-sensing default setup, so there will only be one default setup per car, and it will be tweaked for pad-playability only (because market realities dictate that pC2 HAS to be drivable on pads out of box).

Yes, it's not ideal and nobody is happy about it internally. I'm HOPING that default, SMS-blessed wheel setups will be made available somewhere. The guys at SMS are open to this and there's an ongoing discussion about how we (WMDers) can help make it happen.

Terribly sorry that this functionality didn't make it in. :( It's definitely not because SMS didn't care enough -- sometimes **** just happens...

Kinda makes sense. If the release is September 22 the code would have to finalised probably in the next few weeks to have time to go to the presses to burn the discs in time for release.

Quite poor wording there. We are defaulting the standard safe and solid setups for both wheels and pads just as we've always done.

Two minutes in the setup menu will give you a more oversteer based setup if you want it.

Failing that we have an in game race engineer who can tweak the handling in that direction for you.

And ignoring all of the above, we're still considering shipping a more 'Loose' set as an option in game.

Quite poor wording there. We are defaulting the standard safe and solid setups for both wheels and pads just as we've always done.

Two minutes in the setup menu will give you a more oversteer based setup if you want it.

Failing that we have an in game race engineer who can tweak the handling in that direction for you.

And ignoring all of the above, we're still considering shipping a more 'Loose' set as an option in game.
Good news :thumbsup:

Quite poor wording there. (...)

My apologies. I'll edit the post as appropriate and post this quote as requested:

SMS said:
I'll give a concrete example.

Recently a specific car was found to be too twitchy on gamepad. I was asked to investigate and we found that the primary problem was too strong ACCEL diff lock. After some discussion with the other physics guys (confirming race teams run lower accel diff lock than what we had initially set) we made a reduction on this one setting and it instantly settled the gamepad twitchy-ness. No tire changes, no wing changes, no suspension changes.

We are aiming to give everyone (gamepad && wheel players) an enjoyable experience. We want maximum number of people racing the cars and not spending time in the garage menus. FWIW, I found this too-high-default diff-lock problem also a challenge for me on my G27 (bit easier to handle with wheel/pedals obviously). Reducing this 1 setting I believe helps both sets of players.

We are NOT sacrificing the enjoyment of wheel players for gamepad players. If my previous statements gave _anyone_ here this impression (my words "favor gamepad players" was a mistake), I apologize. And I would appreciate those who carried the information to other non-WMD sites such as GTP and RaceDepartment gave this clarification. In fact, today we are re-investigating having tight & loose setups available in the game for the vehicles. All of us at SMS want this, we feel it is a good solution. We may need WMD help with the data work, more later about it.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back