Fuel Usage (Esotic Mod)

Apps Fuel Usage (Esotic Mod) V1.29

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello, I would like to use the app just as a fuel gauge, where it shows current fuel load, L/lap and laps remaining. So, I would like to remove the "add X fuel" option, because I use the default Kunos mini-menu for that already.

Is it possible to do so? What would I have to do?

@LucaBabetto The current options in the INI don't allow for that, so coding would be required to achieve that layout. Would you like to try making coding changes, or should I put this on my ToDo list. :)

With the new pit menu already taking care of "booking" refuel it seems a bit of a redundant option, unless it automatically adds enough fuel to finish the race, in which case the interactive menu wouldn't be needed at all.

I know a bit of python but I don't want to risk ruining the app so I'll just wait for your eventual official patch

I see what you're saying about the redundancy, but the Fuel Usage app allows for automatically adding extra fuel to the estimate, which helps to avoid running out of fuel on the last lap, which I see happen too often, even from experienced racers. :p

The fuel usage app should know not to suggest more fuel than you need to finish a race, but if you've not specified enough laps on the spinner it could suggest too little. I do think there's room for improvement for suggesting fuel strategies where there are more than 1 stop, or when you have to pit early to fix damage, but that starts getting complicated and is not on my ToDo list. :)

With the new mini menu I don't think apps can (easily) add fuel in the same way PitConfig used to.

Esotic updated Fuel Usage (Esotic Mod) with a new update entry:

vr framerate improvements and new data window

Since I've been running in VR I've been working on ways to improve framerates when at all possible. If you are using the default gui_scaling in the INI then the mini window will run in a new mode that should provide the best fps possible (in VR or otherwise).

The mini window can also show the just completed laptime if you enable it in the INI.
;miniShowsLaptime enables/disables showing laptime info in the mini window. Default is 0, set to 1 to enable
View attachment 237080

There...

Read the rest of this update entry...

On the Overview page you show a tutorial video at the very beginning. There is writing on the left side of the screen that talks about making adjustments to the car's suspension/ARBs. Is that from this Fuel app? If not, what is that from? That could be very helpful for me. Keep up the good work!

On the Overview page you show a tutorial video at the very beginning. There is writing on the left side of the screen that talks about making adjustments to the car's suspension/ARBs. Is that from this Fuel app? If not, what is that from? That could be very helpful for me. Keep up the good work!
Yes, it's part of the fuel usage app. I talk about the setup tips window in the demo video.

Yes, it's part of the fuel usage app. I talk about the setup tips window in the demo video.
That's cool. :cool: I've been meaning to try this app for months now, but I have such a terrible memory. I need to go and install it as soon as I get in front of my laptop. :laugh:

Is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut for the fuel required to be added to the #1 pitstop config to auto adjust the amount of fuel required for the stop?

Is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut for the fuel required to be added to the #1 pitstop config to auto adjust the amount of fuel required for the stop?
There's no direct way for an app to add fuel to any of the pit strategies, but there may be some way to accomplish that with emulated keystrokes. The old "Pit Config" app used to do something similar before Kunos revamped the pit menu system.

Thanks so much for this app.
For update, i need delete de old folders??? in the old folder one .ini appear, in the new version disappear. for what?¿
Thanks a lot. very nice job

Thanks so much for this app.
For update, i need delete de old folders??? in the old folder one .ini appear, in the new version disappear. for what?¿
Thanks a lot. very nice job
I generally try to not include the .INI in the Zip file, as the app knows to create new variables in the INI when they are not found. If I include the INI in the Zip, then it might overwrite the settings you've chosen. I sometimes forget to exclude the INI, so my apologies for that. If there is no INI then the app will create one the first time it's loaded.

I generally try to not include the .INI in the Zip file, as the app knows to create new variables in the INI when they are not found. If I include the INI in the Zip, then it might overwrite the settings you've chosen. I sometimes forget to exclude the INI, so my apologies for that. If there is no INI then the app will create one the first time it's loaded.
Thanks so much.
Do i need delete de old folder? for update.

I want to begin by saying I love this mod and have come to depend on it for fuel strategy.

That's why I'm desperate to figure out why it's not working for me right now. I've just loaded the game onto a new PC, so the installation is as fresh as it gets. If I try to start a race with the SEAT Leon EuroCup car, while Fuel Usage (v1.29) is enabled, the game crashes. With any other car, it still works. Only this Leon seems to have the problem. And of course, the Leon is the car I'll be racing next Saturday in a series finale, where fuel strategy will likely decide the outcome.

The error log (from log.txt) is shown below.
Code:
Cleaning Python Cache in path apps/python/fuel_usage/
Opening PyModule fuel_usage
Init PyPlugin:fuel_usage
PyPlugin :: Error in Main function

CRASH in:
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x300-0x1
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 000000001E0BB604)
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 000000001E0BB604)
000000001E0BB604 (python33): (filename not available): (function-name not available)
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\pythoninterface.cpp (340): PythonInterface::printErr
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\pyplugin.cpp (44): PyPlugin::PyPlugin
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\pythoninterface.cpp (251): PythonInterface::PythonInterface
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\sim.cpp (547): Sim::Sim
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFCD03109F1)
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFCD03109F1)
00007FFCD03109F1 (DWrite): (filename not available): (function-name not available)
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\splashscreen.cpp (319): SplashScreen::postRender
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\ksgame\game.cpp (181): Game::onIdle
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\ksgame\game.cpp (210): Game::run
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFD2AAF7E94)
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFD2AAF7E94)
00007FFD2AAF7E94 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): (function-name not available)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFD2B16A251)
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFD2B16A251)
00007FFD2B16A251 (ntdll): (filename not available): (function-name not available)

The full text of the corresponding py_log.txt is below:
Code:
CrewChief Was Here! damage report ?
NOT Reading apps/python/fuel_usage/KMH/dic_seat_leon_eurocup_spa.ini
ac.getCarsCount = 1
Fuel Usage Mini USING GUI SCALING
Fuel Usage Main Error (logged to file)

Any help you could offer — possible fixes, more diagnostic actions to be tried, whatever — would be appreciated... I haven't been able to diagnose this and it seems to have come at the worst possible time.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back