Fuel Usage (Esotic Mod)

Apps Fuel Usage (Esotic Mod) V1.29

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi there, I've been using your mod for a while and I like it a lot. Would be possible to add an option to desable certain components via INI file? Like, being able to disable the bar on the right with the fuel needed in cases where I don't need that for a short race.

How can i make this work. I did put my files into the Assetto Corsa folder but when I am in game, the icon of fuel usage doesn't appear.
What can I do to make it work.

Thanks
You have to enable add on apps in the assetto corsa options "general" before they show up in a racing session.

Esotic updated Fuel Usage (Esotic Mod) with a new update entry:

Fuel Usage Mini

There is now a "Fuel Usage Mini" display that only shows up when you are in the pits, or when you have less than 2.25 laps worth of fuel remaining. At all other times the Mini is transparent.

This image shows the "Mini" display shown above the normal "Full" App:
FuelUsage_and_Mini.png

Read the rest of this update entry...

@ytrezzzz I think V1.18 was the last version (of my mod) to include the features for "average fuel consumption in liters per 100 km and inst. fuel consumption (also in liters per 100 km)". They didn't seem as relevant to me as needing to know how many liters to add at the next pit stop, so I took them out to reduce the complexity of the code. I don't know everything about SimRacing, so I'm curious why you're interested in knowing that information and how it helps you.

Thanks,

Dave\Esotic

Hello Dave ,
it is just because for me, it is fun to see how much the differents cars "are drinking" when i go flat out on a track

thank you for your kind answer

Jean- Luc \ Ytrezzzz

Ps : can you tell me where i can dowload version 1.18 just to try this feature ? thanks a lot

Hello Dave ,
it is just because for me, it is fun to see how much the differents cars "are drinking" when i go flat out on a track

thank you for your kind answer

Jean- Luc \ Ytrezzzz

Ps : can you tell me where i can dowload version 1.18 just to try this feature ? thanks a lot
You can find previous versions by clicking the "Version History" next to overview, support, etc

hello dave ,

i ve the 1.18 version but i can't figure how to have "average fuel consumption in liters per 100 km and inst. fuel consumption (also in liters per 100 km)" is there a special code to enter in the ini file ? thanks

hello dave ,

i ve the 1.18 version but i can't figure how to have "average fuel consumption in liters per 100 km and inst. fuel consumption (also in liters per 100 km)" is there a special code to enter in the ini file ? thanks

made sim_info library file unique

Sometimes AC will fail to load apps, and when you restart the session (maybe more than once) it will load the app it failed to load the first time. I have a suspicion that this may be due to library files like sim_info being a shared resource in the AC engine, so I've created a unique fuel_usage_sim_info file for this app to try and resolve the issue.

If there are any issues using this version of fuel_usage please let me know.

There's been some discussion about calculating fuel for timed races (rather than races for number of laps) over on the SimRacingSystem forums... is there any way this app could calculate the total fuel needed to to complete a race lasting X number of minutes based on your best/current/average lap time? I've been doing this manually with my smartphone just before races, and while the math isn't rocket science, it seems like having an app right there on the screen doing it for me would be ideal.

There's been some discussion about calculating fuel for timed races (rather than races for number of laps) over on the SimRacingSystem forums... is there any way this app could calculate the total fuel needed to to complete a race lasting X number of minutes based on your best/current/average lap time? I've been doing this manually with my smartphone just before races, and while the math isn't rocket science, it seems like having an app right there on the screen doing it for me would be ideal.
Sounds doable. I'll add this to my ToDo list. No guarantees about how quickly that will get coded, but I should have some free time for coding starting next week.

Time Left Estimate (beta)

There is a new "app/window" in fuel usage (the one on top in the picture below) that shows an estimate for how long you could run with the current fuel load based on your best and last lap times.
View attachment 226471

I haven't made an icon for it yet, but it should show up directly beneath the "fuel usage mini" icon in the app tray. I may also need to adjust the text/verbage, but I think it's fine for an initial release to get feedback.

Cheers,

Esotic

Please note the V1.23 is a first attempt at providing some "time based" feedback from the app. No promises that it will get any fancier than this, but I'm guessing this will at least provide a way to "guess and check" how long you can drive with the fuel currently in the car. They are just estimates, after all. :)

mini window shows blue flag info, and new "setup tips" window

Since I've been doing endurance races in VR I've been working to reduce the number of apps at race time to a bare minimum, so I rolled blue flag info into the fuel usage mini window. Many thank to @Fernando Deutsch for allowing me to borrow his blue flag code as a very good starting point.

I've also been looking for a way to view setup tips in VR, so I added a window for that as well.

If anyone has issues with these new features, or ideas for ways to adjust the setup...

added blue flag INI options

There are now 3 new entries in the INI for controlling the blue flag info on the mini window.

From the INI:
;showBlueFlag enables/disables showing blue flag info on the mini window background. Default is 1 to show Blue Flags, set to 0 to disable
;blueFlagMin is the gap, in seconds, when the blue flag is at the full brightness. default is 0.25.
;blueFlagMax is the gap, in seconds, when the blue flag just starts to become visible. must be larger than blueFlagMin. default is 2.0.

As an FYI, the blue flag logic is only tracking the closest car that should also be a blue flag, so there is always the possibility that a car on the same lap is between you and the blue flag. If there is more than 1 car behind you you'll probably want to switch to another app desktop (Ctrl+U) that contains something like the realtime app, so you can figure out exactly which car is the blue flag you need to let by.

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back