rF2 FSONE 2009 @ Monza - Wed June 23th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
No-one is forcing you to drive
Well, they are fun to drive :) And I like to do as much RD stuff as possible. I just think there is no challenge to them, which is not how an F1 mod should be. Have you driven the 1993 cars? The difference is light and day.

@Eric try the 93 cars. There is also a '91 historic mod by F1-S-R which is about to be released, and those cars look and sound and feel BRILLIANT.

Historic mod is not fairly balanced for Multiplayer, and the league edition of that 91 mod was not very good tbh. The 93 cars are lovely (apart from the stupid push) but like Ivo says - they are 17 years old, of course cars are easier to drive now.

It's truth that in 93 the cars were very challanging compare to now but from what I have experienced with the FSONE mod I have come to 1 Conclusion.

Neither is the mod unrealistic or so are the nowadays formula 1 cars WAY to easy to drive compare to the cars are the early 90's.

But in order to get some proper feed back we need a Formula 1 driver to test this mod and I think thats imposible.

Historic mod is not fairly balanced for Multiplayer, and the league edition of that 91 mod was not very good tbh. The 93 cars are lovely (apart from the stupid push) but like Ivo says - they are 17 years old, of course cars are easier to drive now.
Which can be easily cured with reducing the coast and putting the front ARB way down, something that is way too high in the default setup... :)

These cars are, as I expected, useless at low speed feel. They are too controllable, feel like they are planted, and the unrealistic way the back breaks traction... and then becomes controllable as well... it's too easy.
Eric, test the 1993 cars by F1-S-R. Seriously, that is how an rFactor physics set should be made.

There's something wrong with tyre file, for example DropoffFunction is always 0 ??? This mod is not work in curves but feels so weird for me.
I Tested mod with 1993 tyres and then the mod was perfect so could somebody please check that tyre file if we decide to use this mod. As we know tyres are the most important thing in F1 car so this should fix asap, thanks. I also tested with different DropoffFunction values (from MMG) and again it was much better.

More dropoff information:
http://www.racesimcentral.com/forum...-file-and-it-s-role-in-defining-the-car/page2

I'm not a car creator so I really dont know much about tyre file but i know how to change it:

Copy file 1993Goodyear.tbc

From: C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\F1_1993_F1SR

To: C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\FSONE09\2009\Equipos\RedBulRacing

Edit file RedBulRacing.hdv

Change: TireBrand=NEUMA_2009 // Must appear before tire compound setting (references *.tbc file)

to:

TireBrand=1993Goodyear
//TireBrand=NEUMA_2009 // Must appear before tire compound setting (references *.tbc file)

FSONE is for me between the early 90's mod and the latest F1 seasons.
Its easier then a 90 car but harder then for example a 2007 car imo.
Because it has less downforce then 2007 car. :)

For me its just oke. For example the exit of the first chicane at Monza. You can go full throttle out of it and you get a little oversteer but you can keep you foot down and just catch it abit and you hear the engine over rev (like at the video at 0.19). I really like that and i think its the same as how a F1 car feels. Watching it from onboard videos offcourse.

But this is me offcourse. Some people dont like modern F1 and some dont like Old F1 and somebody dont like F1 at all. Lucky rFactor has alot of flavours for everybody. :)

I agree with Ivo, I havent got a clue about tyre drop offs and what nots but the mod feels good to me and I cant wait for s4 to start.

Nice line up tonight. Installed the mod last night and tonight will be my first meters with the mod. So far the reports sounds good.
Is the default set any good or is some base set available somewhere? Alien? Anyone :)

See you tonight.

@Ramon:

Base setup is really good imo. Only you need to lower your wings offcourse for Monza. And have always a little bt more Back wing then Front wing.

@ Dave: Oke. Patrick your are in.

It's So hard to break without locking your tyres on the LONG back straight, does someone got eny suggestions on what I should change so the brakes wont look up and make it difficult to turn?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.