Frame Rate

R

Rick Klomp

• Rick Klomp

hi how can i see what frame rate i have wanna know how good i can get it whit my nvidia 7900 gs

Lol, I just read back my own reply, and it totally represents the state my mind is in in when thinking about this issue... Chaotic and confused....

Just could not resist, and looked some more. I found another threat about online lag. There, they did the following, which seemed to help:

- Go to your documents folder\simbinz\race07\userdata\YOURPROFILENAME
- Open the YOURPROFILENAME.PLR file with wordpad
- Look for the line:
High Process Priority="0" // Improves FPS on some systems, but may conflict with some background applications
- Change the 0 into a 1.

Don't know if it will work, but as nothing else does, it's worth a try :).

The framerate is low even if I join an empty server, stays the same no matter how many players that joins. It's an instant drop even on the menus once entering a server. I have tried lowering everything to lowest, but it made no difference whatsoever.

I'll try to convince someone to lend me their net and keep you all updated. Thanks.

Edit to new response: Yes I have tried (taskmanager, right-clicking race process, priority) and setting it to higher than normal, high, and realtime. Sadly without any noticable difference.

So in short.. I'm ****ed.

I remember I had some kinds of similar problems when I began online with Shift 1. I don't speak of framerate but well enormous lag online while everything worked fine offline.

I had found something in that time about Sound Acceleration with Internet to modify in the Register that could interfere and cause a big lag online.
It's a long time ago now, but I could try to look for it again. I'm no expert in PC's but I followed instructions I found on the web and the lag disappeared.

I found it back:

This is what I have done:

Open regedit
Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile
There will be an entry for network performance throttling, default value is 10; set it to FFFFFFFF hex (willl look like 0xFFFFFFFF to the right of the entry)
Reboot

This removed the lag I was experiencing while still enabling me to have normal sound in-game.

And it worked. In Italic, from a forum on the net.

The full article that Jean-Pierre is referring to involves windows media player over the internet and sound popping and such. The fix was intended to resolve the audio issues without creating issues with the network. With that said, the registry entry may or may not resolve your issue as the fix is not specifically related to your issue.

Fully ok with you Jim, but it's worth a try.
My experience was this: in Shift Online, all drivers were gone at the green light while I was still waiting for the red light to become green.
Very serious lag indeed and since I did this operation, that problem was gone and framerate was better too.

Now, in this case, maybe maybe or maybe maybe .... not. :confused:

Hmm Sounds to me that the second processor is not functioning correctly. I would suggest running some diagnostics on it. Search for it on google, there will be some free tools around I am sure.

Ever checked the temps of the processors? Could be a cooling issue?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back