FM7 Forza 7 on pc - FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)
Hi there,

just wanted to share my opinion about this amazing, recently released title (ultimate edition only)!

well, first of all, i believe anybody who loves racing games, must have this fantastic title. Lets see
what i did really like about this game in my first 8 hours:

the good:
- best looking racing title ever made. Yes it's even better than pCars 2 (graphically) in almost every department.
i love how it renders shadows, trees, atmospheric effects and weather. It's very well optimized too.
- best FFB in forza series. I do really like this one.. :) finally you can feel the car and have tons of options to adjust whatever you want.
- great and much improved engine sounds.
- outstanding and very challenging A.I. Finally it's very competitive compared to previous series of forza
- great career mode and options
- every car feels really different

the bad:
- loading times are a bit long. however you can change lots of settings while loading a race (just like in f1 2017)
- some cars have lower polycount than others.

final thought
I am loving this game so much!!!!! it's a MUST HAVE, BELIEVE ME!

and you guys? what do you think? :)

Last edited:
When I installed the game it went onto my USB3 drive

Was worried WIN 10 would mess up but was able to transfer it to my SSD (Evo 850).
Curious about load times but seen one video with FM7 Demo from loading to actually playing a PC was 1 minute faster than the X360 console.

Have a feeling Eurogamer will perhaps cover this like they have in the past.
Any of you able to compare a longer loading track on Console Vs SSD on a PC?

Im just enjoying the game with a pad.
Its fun, what used to be the reason why, as kids we played and fell in love with games.

Well on PC Forza looks very dated to me, maybe it's bugged at the moment or something but it just looks plain ugly compared to PC2. Maybe consoles are different. Lots of people seem to be going ape on the Forza forums about how bad it looks.

They are high. :speechless: Forza 7 is the best looking video game I have ever played. Period. I am running on three screens at 7680 X 1440, Dynamic Ultra settings and the FPS is rock solid smooth, no matter how many cars and no matter what track I am on. I am getting the occasional stutter, which is a known issue, but otherwise, its sheer bliss graphically and performance wise. Many of the reviews agree with my experience, in whole or in part.

From what I've read simulation steering is broken at the moment, better not use it until patch.
Visuals, well, own PC2, AC and FH3. FM7 easily runs circles around all of them in graphics department.
I just don't understand how someone can see it any different unless it's settings or HW issue.
Do a race in Prague or Rio. It's living, breathing postcard like photo realism.

Agreed 100%.

If only it had VR though....

Good point. I have a feeling that VR is coming down the line as a paid update to the game. Microsoft just had the big launch event for the Windows Mixed Reality headsets and Forza 7 would be a perfect game to include in their software line up. I have my Samsung Odyssey pre-ordered, it looks like a nice upgrade over the Oculus Rift. It has a higher resolution, more comfortable headband design that allows users to wear glasses (like the Playstation VR headset) and it has high end audio built in. Plus, no sensors, the tracking is done entirely within the headset.

spend 3 hours trying to get my g27 to work correctly and dial out the deadzone last night. Its still not quite there and now at the start of some races i get the game pause come up 2 or 3 times then goes... so looking for a new wheel today.

that being said when its going its an improvement on the last and i think once my gremlins are gone i will enjoy

Does anybody think the GT/touring car physics in this game feel like they're from another planet? You can't even look at the throttle on some of them without the car's behind twerking like mad. Contrast with GTR 2 or RACE 07 where you absolutely could break the rear loose and spin out, but you had to make a serious mistake because of all the traction you have available--RACE 07's BMWs are quite easy to drive if you have a decent wheel and you don't stomp the pedals like Godzilla. The Volvo S60 STCC (which has its engine in the middle for some reason?!) in Forza 7 is the total opposite, and exhibits vicious, terrifying oversteer even when driven gently, and offers little communication to the driver. Even with TCS and stability control on the S60 was vastly more frustrating to drive than RACE 07 touring cars with those things turned off. It almost feels like it was intended to be driven with a controller and the assists turned to Super Easy, so you could feel like some ultimate badass powersliding all over the place. With a wheel and assists off, it's borderline undriveable. I know FIA touring cars have transitioned from Super 2000 production-based cars to wacky 400+ HP silhouette racers (to WTCC's massive detriment), but this doesn't feel right at all. It's like someone ripped off all the aero and replaced the tires with ice skates.

A shame, the road cars feel quite nice from what I've experienced, and they have too much traction, as if they're all running really aggressive DOT performance tires.

@Chobonator I am sorry, but just pretending you are in a discussion while clearly just asking for the obvious sure makes it look like a troll attempt.
You know perfectly well how look for screenshots of Forza 7. It comes across as a thinly veiled troll attempt, man.
You made your point in other threads; you don't like Forza. Fine. No need to keep on posting in this section of the forum.
If it isn't an attempt to troll, I apologise, but in that case you should stop being lazy. :D :D

now i have my tx wheel i am enjoying the game more however while in multiplayer the voice coms can hardly be herd over the car noise with no separate volume mixer that i have found. i am using a set of corsair voids so not to shabby and just cant hear. I also notice that when in an xbox party joining a multi player the voice chat overrules party. have i missed a setting or is this normal and something turn 10 need to look at in future..

cheers

Check Mr.Latte thread if the rest of the internet is not enough for you
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/forza-motorsport-7-photomode-gallery.141700/
But what I assume is that you are just trolling, but I was wrong before.
I finally got to try the demo, and it is as expected. Flat everything, very static, quite clean and crisp. If the other circuits/scenarios look amazing, that's cool too, but someone who is impressed by FM7 hasn't played a new video game in years.

Too much iRacing and Automobilista?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back