FM7 Forza 7 on pc - FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)
Hi there,

just wanted to share my opinion about this amazing, recently released title (ultimate edition only)!

well, first of all, i believe anybody who loves racing games, must have this fantastic title. Lets see
what i did really like about this game in my first 8 hours:

the good:
- best looking racing title ever made. Yes it's even better than pCars 2 (graphically) in almost every department.
i love how it renders shadows, trees, atmospheric effects and weather. It's very well optimized too.
- best FFB in forza series. I do really like this one.. :) finally you can feel the car and have tons of options to adjust whatever you want.
- great and much improved engine sounds.
- outstanding and very challenging A.I. Finally it's very competitive compared to previous series of forza
- great career mode and options
- every car feels really different

the bad:
- loading times are a bit long. however you can change lots of settings while loading a race (just like in f1 2017)
- some cars have lower polycount than others.

final thought
I am loving this game so much!!!!! it's a MUST HAVE, BELIEVE ME!

and you guys? what do you think? :)

Last edited:
this screens always better because it's rendered but play on yourself and make your own opiniun ;)

Or take a look at the official forum to see how happy everybody is with the game ;)

People can form their own opinions from playing and experiencing the game for themselves.
Some will make things out to be worse than they are. Is it perfect nope, what racing game is?

My advice is, don't like it play something else you do.

Last edited:
People can form their own opinions from playing and experiencing the game for themselves.
Some will make things out to be worse than they are. Is it perfect nope, what racing game is?

My advice is, don't like it play something else you do.

Worse than they are hahaha how many screens must i post ;)
That's a good advice i playing PC2 now.
It's sad a huge titel is destroyed.

• Point one Forza uses one core
  • Second one what must i calibrate for this bugs?
This is lazy copy past without thinking.
And banning people from forum who say dissapointments is the weakest thing they can do.
Show the mentality of T10.

Attachments

• fa90bd36-0522-401e-8312-2781cd4a048e.jpg
    fa90bd36-0522-401e-8312-2781cd4a048e.jpg
    413 KB · Views: 211
  • 24db365d-f245-4fd5-bdfd-d91d5ec746e2.jpg
    24db365d-f245-4fd5-bdfd-d91d5ec746e2.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 200
  • Deleted member 197115

lol, nah meant what I said....
Well for me, the GPU gives better control of the gamma, than my TV does.
You don't calibrate GPU.
It's always monitor calibration, either at HW level (OSD menu as well as some monitors support custom HW color profiles) or via software my making color profile (ICC file) that gets loaded by OS on startup.
You must have meant the latter.

I've had some CTDs, freezes and slow downs, irritating sure, but none of it game breaking.

The port is pretty impressive and the graphics are optimized. The image if rendered, which I don't think it is - it looks like the game engine to me at the highest manual settings, is close enough to what you see in game under those conditions. Forza 7 can look stunning.

I can imagine that if you come from Forza 6 that the step to 7 is less impressive, but for most PC gamers the series has been basically off limits, so as a PC player I am happy to finally play a full Forza game.

People are seldom banned for criticism, I know because I am not one to be sparse on criticism even if I like a game, but the way they communicate. If you were banned it was because the way you acted, not for your criticism alone. I can see hints of that here too.

Just relax, this isn't a war, this is a game and some people will like the game - don't take it personal if they do.

Im short I am one of those people who seem to enjoy Forza 7 on PC, while I can also say it does not change the way I feel about Assetto Corsa, Pcars, Pcars2, AMS, R3E, rFactor, rFactor2 etcetera - I love all these games and will keep on doing so. Not one of these games is perfect - although of course we all have our preferences.

In the mean time enjoy Pcars2 - great game, with its own (little) issues.

• Deleted member 197115

FM7 is a relaxy taxi. Good graphics, easy driving, engaging career. My kids love it, I love it. But it is not a substitution for AC or, if that's your thing, pCars2. Apples and oranges.
T10 did a great job porting it to PC. And as far as bugs go, well, we are not that spoiled with problem free releases on PC platform and I am quite impressed by the quality on the day one. Can't say the same on pCars2, which I quite like, sorry.

• Point one Forza uses one core
  • Second one what must i calibrate for this bugs?
This is lazy copy past without thinking.
And banning people from forum who say dissapointments is the weakest thing they can do.
Show the mentality of T10.

Forza does not use only one core! I think you don't even own the game but maybe only a demo. demo was using only one core that's true.

FM7 is a relaxy taxi. Good graphics, easy driving, engaging career. My kids love it, I love it. But it is not a substitution for AC or, if that's your thing, pCars2. Apples and oranges.
T10 did a great job porting it to PC. And as far as bugs go, well, we are not that spoiled with problem free releases on PC platform and I am quite impressed by the quality on the day one. Can't say the same on pCars2, which I quite like, sorry.
If you disable all the assists and turn on simulation steering mode then it will be far from relaxy taxi. I can assure you! ;-) i've played all the sims available on the market and can tell you for sure that forza 7 is a very decent simcade in terms of car handling! It's only a matter of driving aids and proper ffb configuration

I would rate simulation levels of current games as follows:

rFactor 2 - 100% sim
Raceroom R.E. - 100% sim
Assetto Corsa - 100% sim
Pcars 2 - 90% sim
F1 2017 - 70% sim (simcade)
Forza Motorsport 7 - 50% (simcade)

Of course with all the assists turned OFF

You don't calibrate GPU.
It's always monitor calibration, either at HW level (OSD menu as well as some monitors support custom HW color profiles) or via software my making color profile (ICC file) that gets loaded by OS on startup.
You must have meant the latter.

Andrew, tell you WOT mate,,, :p

Can you come over to my house, go into my TV menus and try to adjust the image so that the "FM" logo within the game is as they state it should appear?

If you have a hard time believing I was able to get a better result by using the Nvidia controls which even state to be used for "televisions" then that's fine. I clearly, even boldly stated TV (#47). To be fair not everyone uses "monitors" and I would expect the controls available on many TV's also vary quite a bit, sometimes with fewer controls when used in "Game or PC" modes on them.

Rather than debate WOT to do, (lol) the post made was in recommending that the calibration tool within the game was rather important to help the user get the best representation. It certainly improved things for me...

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Sorry to annoy you Andrew with not using terminology that meets your approval.
What can I do to make it up to you?
LOL, sorry it wasn't me who coined the term, even when they use "monitor calibration" for adjusting the actual physical device or output signal to monitor. I guess the point of reference is the rendered on monitor image that you calibrate.
Back to the topic. Does FM7 output any telemetry that Simvibe can use for effects?

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, sorry it wasn't me who coined the term, even when they use "monitor calibration" for adjusting the actual physical device or monitor output signal. I guess the point of reference is the rendered on monitor image that you calibrate.
Back to the topic. Does FM7 output any telemetry that Simvibe can use for effects?

Its all a bit of fun, nowt more....

I dont think they will make it (telemetry) available for consumers.
What I would say is FM7 not only has really good positional audio with (Win 10 Spatial Dolby Atmos for headphones). It has to have some of the best felt "audio tactile" effects with the improved sound samples used. The ability to turn down the menu music is also welcomed for tactile users. :thumbsup:

Im not that far into the game myself yet but from an "audio tactile" perspective, heres an example:
The car below has superb engine detail from low to high revs, nice feeling downshifts. The curbs and crashes in FM7 also feel much better than some other racing titles. Certainly, adds to the entertainment and enjoyment.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years