FM7 Forza 7 on pc - FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)
Hi there,

just wanted to share my opinion about this amazing, recently released title (ultimate edition only)!

well, first of all, i believe anybody who loves racing games, must have this fantastic title. Lets see
what i did really like about this game in my first 8 hours:

the good:
- best looking racing title ever made. Yes it's even better than pCars 2 (graphically) in almost every department.
i love how it renders shadows, trees, atmospheric effects and weather. It's very well optimized too.
- best FFB in forza series. I do really like this one.. :) finally you can feel the car and have tons of options to adjust whatever you want.
- great and much improved engine sounds.
- outstanding and very challenging A.I. Finally it's very competitive compared to previous series of forza
- great career mode and options
- every car feels really different

the bad:
- loading times are a bit long. however you can change lots of settings while loading a race (just like in f1 2017)
- some cars have lower polycount than others.

final thought
I am loving this game so much!!!!! it's a MUST HAVE, BELIEVE ME!

and you guys? what do you think? :)

Last edited:
I will let you know later today after work. I have the game downloaded and ready to play as soon as I get home. It's my first Forza Motorsports game since FM4. I only do racing on the PC now so I skipped FM5 & 6.

I agree with the graphics and sheer options available. Its a great title for car enthousiasts!
My nickpicks are that when you hit the wall at almost any angle with the front, the car gets 'grabbed' by the wall and always makes the car turn towards the wall with the nose of the car, instead of sliding along the wall or bouncing back off.
This is especially annoying at slower speeds when the AI shoves your car against the wall. Quite infuriating!
That brings me to the second point; the AI. I don't know wether its me, because aparently you seem to have had a different experience, but my AI actively tries to bump my car out of the way and they divebomb into corners without any regards for who is on the inside...
That's quite dissapointing and makes the game a little too much ' Fast and the Furious movie' -like IMO.

All in all though, I am having lots of fun with it. It sounds great, it looks great and the gameplay is fun, but I can see where racing simmers might have a big problem with the game if they take it too seriously with regards to actual racing performance.

But with the sheer amount of content this game has and the many options to really personalise your rides, its more of a car toybox than a serious racer at this point.
I do have to say that handling of the cars and wheel support and FFB is MUCH better than previous Forza games. They have definately stepped up their game and made it more serious.
Which is probably a very good thing for the multiplayer scene.

Hi there,

just wanted to share my opinion about this amazing, recently released title (ultimate edition only)!

well, first of all, i believe anybody who loves racing games, must have this fantastic title. Lets see
what i did really like about this game in my first 8 hours:

the good:
- best looking racing title ever made. Yes it's even better than pCars 2 (graphically) in almost every department.
i love how it renders shadows, trees, atmospheric effects and weather. It's very well optimized too.
- best FFB in forza series. I do really like this one.. :) finally you can feel the car and have tons of options to adjust whatever you want.
- great and much improved engine sounds.
- outstanding and very challenging A.I. Finally it's very competitive compared to previous series of forza
- great career mode and options
- every car feels really different

the bad:
- loading times are a bit long. however you can change lots of settings while loading a race (just like in f1 2017)
- some cars have lower polycount than others.

final thought
I am loving this game so much!!!!! it's a MUST HAVE, BELIEVE ME!

and you guys? what do you think? :)
Forza has never had good wheel & FFB support, the FM7 demo wasn't any different. You say "tons of FFB options", can you list the wheel & FFB options?
I'm only interested in the PC version, is that what you're using for your opinion?

Got T300 GT and what I can say FFB is much above average. Ain't sim but the game gives so much fun and with such a realistic graphic it's a great deal. Graphic in this game makes it more sim than a sim.. if u know what I mean :)

I have both games on PC and I have no idea how you reach this conclusion. It's a beautiful game but PCars 2 looks far far more realistic looking in my opinion. Forza tracks and cars look very plasticy and artificial to me. The trees in Forza look 2d at times.

Using Emisoft, and Malwarebytes both using Real time protection and standard Windows Defender. Should I disable them? @Blkout

I feel for your frustration, but for some I think a few issues may be system related or ISP provider related.

Had to try with FH3 about 3 times but while I only averaged about 4-5GB per hour for FM7 Ultimate download it worked first time. It resumed downloading over the 20hr period it took and noticed that the Store downloading information, does not perhaps work that well. At times it looked like the game was installing but not increasing the GB downloading. It also at one point did not update the % or GB remaining.

I would say if you keep seeing the dots updating then just assume its still coming down.
Hope you finally get it sorted.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing