formula seat suggestions?

Hi,

I'm looking for a reclined formula style seat for a P1x, but options seem a bit thin on the ground. Currently looking at Sim-lab SF1 and Tillett B4 which is a bit too pricey TBH.

Can anyone make any other suggestions?

Thanks

Making your own is the remaining choice that I'm aware of. Build a seatback frame out of plywood, fiberglass, or sheetmetal and then use sprayfoam in plastic bags to conform to your body.

Upvote 0
Lusso Motors has started selling their new F1 seat. the MK8-1S and it looks pretty great too... prices not bad either, cheapest of the lot as far as I know

MK8-1S-456x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Interesting - thanks. Not seen that - though like some of the tillet stuff it looks like it doesn't have mount points for brackets meaning you need to custom fabricate your own. Not an easy job for a layman and suddenly loses its price appeal.

I like the SF1, I just wish it wasn't so wide as I'm not particularly wide and wanted something snug. It's like they assume a sim racer will require extra width :)

Upvote 0
I like the SF1, I just wish it wasn't so wide as I'm not particularly wide and wanted something snug. It's like they assume a sim racer will require extra width :)

Cushions should snug you up :)

Apparently I'm growing my own cushions... honestly, though, unless you've got a motion rig, the side bolsters are mostly useless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have an early version of the Lusomotors rcc-mk8. That one needed some drilling and fabrication to get it mounted but nowadays they do have a version with readymade side mounting which should simplify the whole process of getting it attached

Upvote 0
I have an early version of the Lusomotors rcc-mk8. That one needed some drilling and fabrication to get it mounted but nowadays they do have a version with readymade side mounting which should simplify the whole process of getting it attached

Thanks Petterio.

What is the finish at the back of the Luso seat like as it will be the first thing I see when I come in the room? I cant really tell from the low res pic above. Some GRP single skin seats can be quite rough as they assume there is often a bulkhead behind them so no need to 'make pretty'

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is somewhat rough, though I haven't got much to compare it to. Here's a quick picture I just got from mine:
l4jjgSG.jpg

If you go to lusomotors' fb page, they have much better pictures there including two skin versions and custom ones they've made

Upvote 0
It is somewhat rough, though I haven't got much to compare it to. Here's a quick picture I just got from mine:
l4jjgSG.jpg

If you go to lusomotors' fb page, they have much better pictures there including two skin versions and custom ones they've made
THanks for that.
After seeing the pics very interested in the 2 skin version.

I've emailed them

Upvote 0
It's very subjective, but how comfortable do you find it?
I like it a lot, it's tighter than my sparco pro2000 so it does give sort of climbing into a racecar feel :)

when I got mine, they didn't offer the padding yet - I did use it couple of times without anything and while perfectly comfortable, sweating did become a problem on longer stints as the seat back doesn't breath. I ended up repurposing upholstery from a children's safety seat and that has worked fine

Last edited:
Upvote 0
sweating did become a problem on longer stints as the seat back doesn't breath.

Thanks Petterio

Hadn't thought about the breathability. Useful insight, and worth specifying pads or seat back cut-outs as one of their custom seats has. Luso don't seem to be particularly fast to respond ATM. Was it difficult getting hold of them?

Upvote 0
I'm also taking a look at buying a formula seat, and I just found out you can buy Luso seats here : https://www.formulasimrigs.com/home/SEATS-c59265011

It will not shorten the delay for the delivery, but at least you've got a form to customize and buy the seat.
I got a reply asking about pad and stitching colours. Then I started looking at the customisation available and went down a rabbit hole.
It’s a lot of fun, and imo surprisingly good value to have that level of personalisation available. Feels akin to buying a new Ferrari or something

Fingers crossed my preferred config will be possible - I can’t get it out of my head now

thanks again

Upvote 0
Thought I'd just update as my late Christmas present to myself got delivered today. What a great way to end a shocker of a year.

The colour combo may not be to everyones taste - but I'm smitten. It looks even better in the flesh and very comfortable to boot.

Huge thanks to Petterio and mechsicko for bringing this previously unknown option to my attention.

I have to also mention Luso motors, and founder Ernesto have a fabulous company. The product I received was top notch, good value and given the scarcity of SIM equipment in 2020 - fast to be delivered. Ernesto was very courteous and helpful throughout the process even if the communication had a bit of delay. I understand they are very busy, and with products like this they deserve to be.

If your looking for a formula seat for you rig, look no further :)

Happy new year!

image4.jpg

131905085_3644549118899161_1694235362796263866_n.jpg
131994043_3644549232232483_7160524687870441163_n-1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@markie44
Any chance on a follow up with the seat and your, what must now be a long term view.
I am seriously thinking of getting the simplace simxpro XFR Lusomotors rig with this seat.
I could go for the sparco equivalent, which looks more comfortable. :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea