formula seat suggestions?

Hi,

I'm looking for a reclined formula style seat for a P1x, but options seem a bit thin on the ground. Currently looking at Sim-lab SF1 and Tillett B4 which is a bit too pricey TBH.

Can anyone make any other suggestions?

Thanks

@markie44
Any chance on a follow up with the seat and your, what must now be a long term view.
I am seriously thinking of getting the simplace simxpro XFR Lusomotors rig with this seat.
I could go for the sparco equivalent, which looks more comfortable. :)
Hi,

Yeah OK, I don't need much arm twisting ;)

As the lucky owner of this gorgeous seat, I wouldn't say I've had it a long time - but I have racked up thousands of 'miles' in it.

The seating position was really important to me and the 8K2S allows the authentic feel of a motorsport formula or prototype seat. The seat back is 45 degrees and as a result is very comfortably reclined so much so, you could probably go to sleep in it! Even having a 32" waist, the seat is very narrow and a snug fit - but again is authentic and I really like it. There is a wide version of the seat which I would suggest is more sensible if you are any larger.

The double skin model has side mount points, allowing easy bracket attachment to profile, or in my case a seat slider. Being fibreglass, there is a bit of flex in the seat under heavy breaking - perhaps 1" on the backrest? I don't see that as a problem as fibreglass is flexible but personally would have concerns about the durability of the fitting through the arm rests on the single skin version - there is a disclaimer from Luso regarding load cell pedals not being advisable, probably for good reason.

The customisation of the seats is really cool. Any RAL colour, different pad and stitching options, and plenty of other tweaks. I've seen some really nice examples on the Luso FB page, and options are really limited only by your imagination. The owner - Ernesto was open to pretty much anything you wanted. One thing that I would have specified if I'd know was an option was the side cutouts for a 4 point belt. I suspect Ernesto would add a 5th point cutout if you wanted. Without any cutouts however seat belts are not an option. Bare that in mind if you have plans to add them down the line.

I did look at the SIM Lab SF1, Sparco formula and even the forthcoming Luso 9KS SIM seats. All look good options tbh, but I still think the 8KS would provide the most realistic experience due to the body clasping width and side support. Those side supports do make getting in and out quite tricky - but, you know, its all part of the experience! The other seats are a bit over padded for me. TBH I would have gone without any padding, but thanks to a previous post suggesting it gets sweaty without them, I optioned the pads - with fetching Bentley-style diamond stitching. Glad I did as they are comfortable and look great. I requested no leg-side pads as I thought they seemed unnecessary. Sliding in an out of the seat - I'm glad I did as they would probably just have got in the way.

Price wise, the seats are good value though the custom options will pump it up. Shipping was quite expensive to UK but well packaged in one of the biggest cardboard boxes I've ever seen. I guess you also may have duty to add now.

Rig-wise, I'm using a modified P1X and couldn't be happier with it. The 8KS slots in very nicely indeed.

So in summary: Great finish and quality, very comfortable and good value.

Highly recommended.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Yeah OK, I don't need much arm twisting ;)

As the lucky owner of this gorgeous seat, I wouldn't say I've had it a long time - but I have racked up thousands of 'miles' in it.

The seating position was really important to me and the 8K2S allows the authentic feel of a motorsport formula or prototype seat. The seat back is 45 degrees and as a result is very comfortably reclined so much so, you could probably go to sleep in it! Even having a 32" waist, the seat is very narrow and a snug fit - but again is authentic and I really like it. There is a wide version of the seat which I would suggest is more sensible if you are any larger.

The double skin model has side mount points, allowing easy bracket attachment to profile, or in my case a seat slider. Being fibreglass, there is a bit of flex in the seat under heavy breaking - perhaps 1" on the backrest? I don't see that as a problem as fibreglass is flexible but personally would have concerns about the durability of the fitting through the arm rests on the single skin version - there is a disclaimer from Luso regarding load cell pedals not being advisable, probably for good reason.

The customisation of the seats is really cool. Any RAL colour, different pad and stitching options, and plenty of other tweaks. I've seen some really nice examples on the Luso FB page, and options are really limited only by your imagination. The owner - Ernesto was open to pretty much anything you wanted. One thing that I would have specified if I'd know was an option was the side cutouts for a 4 point belt. I suspect Ernesto would add a 5th point cutout if you wanted. Without any cutouts however seat belts are not an option. Bare that in mind if you have plans to add them down the line.

I did look at the SIM Lab SF1, Sparco formula and even the forthcoming Luso 9KS SIM seats. All look good options tbh, but I still think the 8KS would provide the most realistic experience due to the body clasping width and side support. Those side supports do make getting in and out quite tricky - but, you know, its all part of the experience! The other seats are a bit over padded for me. TBH I would have gone without any padding, but thanks to a previous post suggesting it gets sweaty without them, I optioned the pads - with fetching Bentley-style diamond stitching. Glad I did as they are comfortable and look great. I requested no leg-side pads as I thought they seemed unnecessary. Sliding in an out of the seat - I'm glad I did as they would probably just have got in the way.

Price wise, the seats are good value though the custom options will pump it up. Shipping was quite expensive to UK but well packaged in one of the biggest cardboard boxes I've ever seen. I guess you also may have duty to add now.

Rig-wise, I'm using a modified P1X and couldn't be happier with it. The 8KS slots in very nicely indeed.

So in summary: Great finish and quality, very comfortable and good value.

Highly recommended.
We’ve noticed the flex too and therefor use the 1s with a supported structure around it. The FXU has absolutely no flex and has more adjustability with the pedals.

Upvote 0
@markie44
many thanks for the reply it has given me a lot of useful information. :)
not sure if I am going for the FXU, both seem very good, not replicated anywhere else as far as I can find on the web.
Bit concerned that the black powder coating will get marked by altering the setup, something I have done a lot with my sim lab anodised rig. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@markie44
Hope I am not being a pain.
As I have a P1X chassis, very first one, so it is quite old, any chance of a picture of your rig, may save myself a load of money if I can convert mine.:)

Upvote 0
@markie44
many thanks for the reply it has given me a lot of useful information. :)
not sure if I am going for the FXU, both seem very good, not replicated anywhere else as far as I can find on the web.
Bit concerned that the black powder coating will get marked by altering the setup, something I have done a lot with my sim lab anodised rig. :)
Powder coated is 500% more scratch resistant than anodized.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea