Cars Formula Hybrid 2018 by Race Sim Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those new tyres are very nice but am I the only one who thinks that the new textures aren't black/dark enough now? To me they just look too bright, especially in sunny conditions.
Just searched for some 2018 winter testing shots, one in sunny and one in cloudy conditions.
The real tyres are really dark/black, the new ones are just too bright/grey.
What do you/the others think?
76d66d0ecd62ab398fea582417b0a3a6.jpg

media.media.c7bb9bf1-df24-46fe-adc9-f2cf666d76a1.original1024.jpg

racefansdotnet-XPB_923418_HiRes.jpg

Yeah maybe my exaggerated exposure levels, also I did mention there is no spec maps as of yet in the PSD its just a fast placeholder these spec maps take the longest to make and they all need to match perfectly slicks/inters/wets , before we just had one tire compound slicks now we have the full set so its a lot more work not just throwing textures together but building the layers as one layer, each tread has over 20+ layers easily so its just fine tuning that will happen today,
although in saying this I think when driving where it counts so far they look perfect to me :)
4f86f502938dad27afa1aff52a41af70.jpg

I believe with a awesome spec map they can be much improved upon, these spec maps are everything.
ce8d6159a572dc01f3e26cc66784b3db.jpg

55d8668af3f9d4a93f299420d32d4f8e.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the perfect example,
look at the main FORMULE logo, because there is no spec maps I never blurred the spec only diffuse and its much brighter inside the alpha channel and even with the top layer blurred and spinning,
it quite apparent how bright the spec map actually is it effects everything inside the tire,
this is why bad mods look like crap tire wise they make new diffuse fast and make the alpha channel 100% white, makes a massive difference the spec :)
18266668e4e2ac3da030f06da3c3534c.jpg

Oh man this tire PSD is a work of art all on it own I dont even want to part with it :D:D
I mean just this Inter spec alone is glorious :geek:
ae3d80d6d6496c8410c13928f421ee5c.png

Time to take these puppies for a spin, it requires testing this PSD is begging to knock out some **** lets get this circus on the road :geek:

This is what im saying right here boys and girls take note,
same car same track same lighting but using different PP /
Photo PP
e1e634153f1bce6a251b14b455242b32.jpg

Natural PP
7646ccfc03f4d511fdc641411cbb6477.jpg

You can see here massive differences,
its simply not possible to create tires/textures based on the principles of 1-2-3 photos,
there is so many variables that come into play to name a few/
time of day/ weather/ camera/ settings bla bla,
they are all different, but cut a long story short either way I got asked by David to make changes so they got made.

You really should do a free Pirelli pack for download on RD it’s a pity these beauty’s will mostly be swapped or deleted..
Hi :)
I am going to provide the PSD and a PDF instruction manual for the community to use on RD,
Almost 2 years DEV and textures inside the PSD with 100,s of layers,
I will provide also all PSD with clean diffuse/spec/normals also there inside the PSD but will add clean items ect in case anything goes missing :)

Agree about the PP filters altering the shades but those tyres look damn epic. Simply the best I've seen. Shame there's no wet weather in AC but still I'm gonna put the inters on and drive in slippery conditions and pretend it's raining. :roflmao::roflmao:

Agree about the PP filters altering the shades but those tyres look damn epic. Simply the best I've seen. Shame there's no wet weather in AC but still I'm gonna put the inters on and drive in slippery conditions and pretend it's raining. :roflmao::roflmao:
I might find a wet weather mod and install it with CM you can turn mods on and off makes like much easier :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%