Cars Formula Hybrid 2017 by Race Sim Studio

Also, I just joined the forums to say how awesome this car really is. Best fun I've had with an F1 car for a while. Fulfills the lust for downforce. I did a full race simulation at Red-Bull Ring (71 laps) with a full tank. So epic. Below is my little video. Two laps on slightly worn supersofts. :)

Last edited:
Ehhhh? @ 19:51

Pretty much every single model mod the author of the mod has released for MM seem to be (badly) ripped from one sim or another. I reported a few for which I could prove where they are from (including RSS's FH2017) but there doesn't seem to be any workshop moderator (or they just don't care).

Last edited:
Anyone actually found the place where to download it lol ? :roflmao:
Steam is a nightamre
You need to own Motorsport Manager to see its Workshop, shoot me a PM for the mod's link. ;)
If like I think they effectively have no Workshop moderator and/or just don't care, the best you can do is contact the author I guess.

Reactions: CC
You need to own Motorsport Manager to see its Workshop, shoot me a PM for the mod's link. ;)
If like I think they effectively have no Workshop moderator and/or just don't care, the best you can do is contact the author I guess.
You have to buy the game to report content too :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

jmOgi

Another full-race distance :D
Btw, any more updates planned for the car?

thiss formula hybrid doesn't seem very optimized for vr, a grid of 20 has stutters alot due to fps loss, the default f1 2015 car from kunos in a grid of 20 is smooth as butter with no fps problems, my gpu isn't even breaking sweat yet im getting these stutters and it drops below 90 fps often, could it be lods? its not jsut this mod, all the modded cars i tried in the past are the same,

this is a real shame as the mod is fantastic and i wanna do a full modded season using it

Last edited:
thiss formula hybrid doesn't seem very optimized for vr, a grid of 20 has stutters alot due to fps loss, the default f1 2015 car from kunos in a grid of 20 is smooth as butter with no fps problems, my gpu isn't even breaking sweat yet im getting these stutters and it drops below 90 fps often, could it be lods? its not jsut this mod, all the modded cars i tried in the past are the same,

this is a real shame as the mod is fantastic and i wanna do a full modded season using it
It's not so much restricted to the LOD size; the LOD is very well optimized, consider the small difference of 7mb between our maximum LOD size and of the SF15-T. We are doing LOD interchanges at values recommended by Kunos, during our development of the mod. The memory consumption of on-screen graphical detail like high-quality liveries, particularly if you are downloading a "full modded season" with liveries not provided by us, may play a part in this too.

Maybe if other people have any additional input on this?

I also think this problem is not LOD related.
In a full grid of 20 cars for example all cars directly around should have LOD A. The amount of details of the RSS car in combination with the high textures (4k skin uncompressed packs) and tire png skins makes it more demanding to the hardware in comparsion to Kunos cars.
When your hardware is able to handle a full grid of Kunos cars but goes up to the limits in this case you'll have to degrease the RSS cars grid for the reasons above.
Its just an idea of mine because I don't own the car and all my opinions about it results to have a look to the skin pack of the team and the community skins.

Greets After_Midnight

It's not so much restricted to the LOD size; the LOD is very well optimized, consider the small difference of 7mb between our maximum LOD size and of the SF15-T. We are doing LOD interchanges at values recommended by Kunos, during our development of the mod. The memory consumption of on-screen graphical detail like high-quality liveries, particularly if you are downloading a "full modded season" with liveries not provided by us, may play a part in this too.

I think if people want to just race VR option of the game ,
Is to basically just delete all skins from all folders ,
And load the base .kn5 textures ,
If people are still having problems ,
Problems before that was reported by VR uses , Was LED brightness or lack of it due to PP settings ,
At this current time no one who was complaining regarding PP and brightness was complaining regarding performance and stuttering ,

All LOD are fine and correctly optimized , All settings for LOD was direct from Kunos as well for updated performance of the car ,

I am unsure what graphics , settings , ect ect what people are running / using ,
Skins people are running using ,
Downloaded mods , Tires , 1k, or 2k ,

People are pretty vague on this matter ,

I can suggest one option only with lack of information to people suffering this issues ,
Go in the skins folder and delete all the folders ,
Go in the Menu and refresh the game ,
And simply play with the mod with default .kn5 textures only .
643ed19e5405d2ba7e2beb1f78cf9fe2.png

I also think this problem is not LOD related.
In a full grid of 20 cars for example all cars directly around should have LOD A. The amount of details of the RSS car in combination with the high textures (4k skin uncompressed packs) and tire png skins makes it more demanding to the hardware in comparsion to Kunos cars.
When your hardware is able to handle a full grid of Kunos cars but goes up to the limits in this case you'll have to degrease the RSS cars grid for the reasons above.
Its just an idea of mine because I don't own the car and all my opinions about it results to have a look to the skin pack of the team and the community skins.

Greets After_Midnight
Hi :)
Yes partially correct ,
The main problem with using DDS on everything is ,
Unless you are using really high settings ,
Specially on really fine fine details , specially on NM / Bump textures ,
The compression of the DDS straight kills all this details into crap ,

My tires I created the main Diffuse textures in DDS ,
My NM / Normal Bump maps ,
I used .png , because the compression is minor , keeping quality high ,
AC Actually makes all files into .dds ,
But for some reason its actually nicer quality than an actual compressed .dds file ,
But this does slightly impact performance as you suggest ,
So you are right regarding this issue ,

We provided a 1k tire pack , and a 2k tire pack as a optional extra ,

If people are using 2k tires , 2k Bump maps on a full grid ,
Downloading all the skins and mods from the forums ,
All using 4k high high detailed textures , twice higher than our cars .kn5 details ,
Then still expecting to run VR with above 90fps is just not going to happen ,
Unless you have a 12gb Titan x :)

I used .png , because the compression is minor , keeping quality high ,
AC Actually makes all files into .dds ,
But for some reason its actually nicer quality than an actual compressed .dds file
The reason for that should be how AC handle the PNG's. The engine convert this files also to DDS while loading screen (more PNG to convert - more loading time) to uncompressed dds files. Of course it will looks much more better but its heavier to the hardware. Like I said: your high detail car ( the S1 version more ) in combinations with the car skins and driver helmets and suits can "kill" your system also with actual hardware especially in VR.
But its not related to your car. I think with the "right" textures you should be able to get every full grids of any car over the limits of your hardware :roflmao:

i am using http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-2017-season-skins-by-agustín-vivo.14903/ with the mod

they are 2k skins

i have used 4k skins on the kunos ferrari sft15 with no problems, (the 2016 skin pack)

like i said in my earlier post my gpu isn't struggling, i have a 1070 and have tried it on lowest settings too
I will have a look to it :geek:
Edit: No offence to the creators of the pack. To be honest this skin pack is really strange. Its a wild and senseless combination of DXT1 and DXT5 files. Also the names of the files are wrong in some case. For example the skin of Ricciardo: the skin is named "2017_Chassis_P4096.dds" but it contained the 2048x2048 texture. The "2K skin" is in 4096x4096. :confused:
Also its the triple amount of textures in comparsion with the Kunos SF15T just for the skin of the car.
This makes the comparsion of the RSS Formula Hybrid to the Kunos SF15T as benchmark not possible and senseless.

You should try the suggestion of Chargingcar and test the mod in VR just with the original files of the team. If your hardware is not able to handle a full grid with FPS for example with 100 FPS every different skin you've add will slow your hardware noticeable down(the 1070 GTX is not able to handle a full grid of cars like this in VR always over 90 FPS in my opinion. And its also related to the power of your CPU)

Last edited:
ok thanks, it's not just your mod, ive tried lots like the f1 2013 mods and senna car 1988 all have the same fps loss, it triggers the asw to kick in which is when you cant keep 90 fps on oculus, the default kunos f1 car doesn't do this, i have a 6700k and 16gb ram if that helps,

if you hotlapping then its fine, its when you start using say above 8 cars or so (rough guess)

edit, i'll try deleting all skins and using the k5 defualts to see if that is any different,

Last edited:
ok thanks, it's not just your mod, ive tried lots like the f1 2013 mods and senna car 1988 all have the same fps loss, it triggers the asw to kick in which is when you cant keep 90 fps on oculus, the default kunos f1 car doesn't do this, i have a 6700k and 16gb ram if that helps,

if you hotlapping then its fine, its when you start using say above 8 cars or so (rough guess)
I've seen some test at YT with exactly this hardware with the result the I7 6700k (quadcore at 4 GHz) is not able to handle the 1070 and 1080 in all terms of gaming.
I don't know how much true are in this tests but its was plausible :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back