Cars Formula Hybrid 2017 by Race Sim Studio

in terms of gaming the 6700k is as good as any cpu out there, it has no trouble handling any gpu

edit: im making a video as we speak, to show that my gpu isn't even being worked at all and my cpu neither yet getting fps loss compared to kunos car, i tried with deleting all skins on formula hybrid car and still the same, there must be something extra that is needed for vr as i haven't come across a mod yet that has decent performance with a large grid

Last edited:
here's a video showing the difference, it compare formula hybrid (with deleted all skins and using default) vs kunos original f1 car with 2016 skin pack, 20 car grid both tests, my gpu isn't being worked at all and isn't even going up to its top speed of 2038mhz, thats how easy AC is graphically to run, msi afterburner is in the top left to show stats, sorry its in grey i forgot to change its colour but its still readable (this is VR for anyone who hasn't been reading above)

its as if there is something about the modded cars that is literally stopping the game client from from being able to produce enough frames, its not a gpu issue

Last edited:
Reactions: CC
in terms of gaming the 6700k is as good as any cpu out there, it has no trouble handling any gpu

edit: im making a video as we speak, to show that my gpu isn't even being worked at all and my cpu neither yet getting fps loss compared to kunos car, i tried with deleting all skins on formula hybrid car and still the same, there must be something extra that is needed for vr as i haven't come across a mod yet that has decent performance with a large grid
If you still encountering the issue by removing all the skins ,
Must be something in the menu that is too high for the VR graphics or must be something regarding your actual Nvidia control panel ,
I am not that upto date with this Nvidia control panel and AC ,
But back in 2013-14 ,
Was highly recommended to use certain graphics profile ,
But had that many different cards and settings since I can not exactly remember what was been said to use ,
But seems strange with everything removed and loading the stock.kn5 textures ,
You should still encounter these problems :)

If you still encountering the issue by removing all the skins ,
Must be something in the menu that is too high for the VR graphics or must be something regarding your actual Nvidia control panel ,
I am not that upto date with this Nvidia control panel and AC ,
But back in 2013-14 ,
Was highly recommended to use certain graphics profile ,
But had that many different cards and settings since I can not exactly remember what was been said to use ,
But seems strange with everything removed and loading the stock.kn5 textures ,
You should still encounter these problems :)

see my post above please, my gpu isn't being worked at all, AC is so easy to run graphically the card doesn't even need to reach its maximum clock speed

here's a video showing the difference, it compare formula hybrid (with deleted all skins and using default) vs kunos original f1 car with 2016 skin pack, 20 car grid both tests, my gpu isn't being worked at all and isn't even going up to its top speed of 2038mhz, thats how easy AC is graphically to run, msi afterburner is in the top left to show stats, sorry its in grey i forgot to change its colour but its still readable (this is VR for anyone who hasn't been reading above)

Those SF15T Tires look like glass marbles in that Video :roflmao::roflmao:

see my post above please, my gpu isn't being worked at all, AC is so easy to run graphically the card doesn't even need to reach its maximum clock speed
The ferrari from Kunos ,
And specially all the Kunos cars ,
Are specifically designed to run on PC / And Consoles ,
Although our car is using the LOD settings from Kunos and roughly the same size.kn5 ,

Our car is specially created a certain way only for PC performance , in which destroys Consoles ,
So in reality you are making comparisons to official content ,
And mods ,
These mods are designed only for PC usages not consoles ,
So the comparisons you are making is wrong , or wrong perspective on the matter ,

No mods will compare in this way to official content ,
And for someone to exactly match official content on PC , To me seems pointless as this content is designed to be multiplatform mods are not , so performance will vary :)

i don't understand where your coming from, as you can see in the video my hardware isn't being stressed in the slightest,

it's not just this mod, its all mods i tried so far, there must be something extra thats needed for vr that modders are missing

i don't understand where your coming from, as you can see in the video my hardware isn't being stressed in the slightest,

it's not just this mod, its all mods i tried so far, there must be something extra thats needed for vr that modders are missing
I just explained ,
Kunos create there cars to work on consoles and pc ,
So every aspect of the cars is stripped back and optimized to one inch of there lifes ,
All cars have near enough the exact .kn5 size ,
All cars are roughly the same poly count , for mesh on the .kn5 ,
All cars have roughly the same amount of textures and all use near enough the same settings in the DATA ,

Mods are not designed to work on consoles ,
So each modder , / team / creator ,
What have you , mostly are all using slightly different settings ,
Most mods I see come with 3 x .kn5 not 4 , so missing an LOD ,
And the sizes of the kn5 all vary too ,

I could have made our car match 100% the settings and data of the SF15 ,
But whats the point , our car will never be on consoles using years old graphics cards :)

I could have made our car match 100% the settings and data of the SF15 ,
But whats the point , our car will never be on consoles using years old graphics cards :)

i don't know how many times i have to say that this is not a hardware issue, my gpu and cpu are not being worked hard at all, the video shows that

i don't know how many times i have to say that this is not a hardware issue, my gpu and cpu are not being worked hard at all, the video shows that
I know its not an hardware issue ,
I never was referring it was ,
Comparing Kunos cars to mods and expecting the same FPS , And performance ,
Is trying to compare a chicken to a dog , then complaining the chicken dont bark .

The video comparsion results are still strange in relating to the CPU and GPU usage :O_o:
Show the CPU number the complete usage of your CPU or a single core?

3WBtf7e.png

just realised i was watching a stream in the background during this pic too, so cpu usage would be even less in normal circumstances

1070 has 8gb vram, no i haven't tried with HT off as its only modded cars that have this problem, kunos cars work fine, turning HT off has never helped in any game before

i can't help but feel theres something extra needs doing for VR, if only someone could ask kunos directly, this mods great and to be able to do a season using full grid would be amazing

Last edited:
kunos f1 cars 20 car grid
zg2D63Y.png

hybrid 20 car grid, skins have 0 effect, tried with default kn5 skins, all mods i have tried (only downloaded f1 mods) exhibit the same thing
AomCUUK.png

Last edited:
yeah it only in vr, and only with mods, must be some extra optimization need for car to be vr, its like the game client cant push enough frames out

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.0%