Formula FG Championship Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I mean, you have to choose your sponsors wisely. I looked at my car when the stats were released and knew I had a good quali car. Our strategy was take a low paying but safe sponsor and pour all the money into quali at the beginning of the season. You don't have quite the randomness of the race in quali, so we started earning stuff. Anything that was earned in the race was a bonus, rather than a requirement. Yeah, we got lucky that people didn't overtake us in the races, but that's what this game is. Luck, with a bit of skill and good choices to help you along the way. Play to your strengths.
+ it means in this that only qualy Sponsored cars can do much this season with race hp we can do nothing, and you closing the gap in race hps too

Anway still its interesting for me and not the same, like still race hp cars overtake all
but in ualy is till the same only if comes the rain then its shuffled

I think you're right to question it, I'm questioning it here myself. The fact of the matter is that when it comes to the performance files etc, there have been only two changes from last season.
1. Automated Excel Document - As opposed to hand doing it, I don't think there was any difference to my old files and the way they're setup from Tobi, so I honestly can't see that as being the problem. (don't take that the wrong way Tobi)
2. Driver variance is no longer all at 250. This means that drivers are a bit more unlikely, but the older drivers are more likely to be pushing forwards more often. If this has created a problem, will have to look at how it can be solved, perhaps it just has to be removed.

Those are the only two changes from the top of my head, I can't think of anything else. But it is weird that early on there was so much additional speed in the DTK in the race for a few rounds.

edit -> because it's been my feeling all season that there are cars that just don't have the speed that I feel they should.
How is each driver's age set? And after reading that -can I be 58 years old?

RS +40

I think you're right to question it, I'm questioning it here myself. The fact of the matter is that when it comes to the performance files etc, there have been only two changes from last season.
1. Automated Excel Document - As opposed to hand doing it, I don't think there was any difference to my old files and the way they're setup from Tobi, so I honestly can't see that as being the problem. (don't take that the wrong way Tobi)
2. Driver variance is no longer all at 250. This means that drivers are a bit more unlikely, but the older drivers are more likely to be pushing forwards more often. If this has created a problem, will have to look at how it can be solved, perhaps it just has to be removed.

Those are the only two changes from the top of my head, I can't think of anything else. But it is weird that early on there was so much additional speed in the DTK in the race for a few rounds.

edit -> because it's been my feeling all season that there are cars that just don't have the speed that I feel they should.
Same same, except for the BRT bonus you've yet to discover :sneaky:

Might be the tracks, I think grip and power factor influence the importance of skill/bhp. Or AI setup, if the cars hit the limiter too soon, not fully utilising the bhp.

Last edited:
+ it means in this that only qualy Sponsored cars can do much this season with race hp we can do nothing, and you closing the gap in race hps too

Anway still its interesting for me and not the same, like still race hp cars overtake all
but in ualy is till the same only if comes the rain then its shuffled
I mentioned it in commentary for Spain. Towards the end of the race, the places gained column is pretty much all green as quali cars drop back. DTK have just about had enough race HP to keep up near the front. I'm sure we've had the discussion before about QBHP having a small boost in the race anyway for some reason. Look at the Dijon race, where we just blocked the track for about 10 laps to stop anyone overtaking us :D

I mentioned it in commentary for Spain. Towards the end of the race, the places gained column is pretty much all green as quali cars drop back. DTK have just about had enough race HP to keep up near the front. I'm sure we've had the discussion before about QBHP having a small boost in the race anyway for some reason. Look at the Dijon race, where we just blocked the track for about 10 laps to stop anyone overtaking us :D

Time 45:30
"Whatever you are doing, he was happy with what he was doing. That's the important." -Aidan Keranen
Sorry if I heard it bad

Fixed the vid link.. cant link with time

At the start of the commentary I heard Aidan mention the heat in Victoria atm. The thermometer is next to my front door and had been in the sun for about 5 minutes :rolleyes:. The other photos were from a fire I attended today on aptly named Mt Misery :laugh:
27018023_10213050582397241_504592612_o.jpg
27017400_10213050582997256_180836107_o.jpg
26982122_10213050582717249_49672802_o.jpg
27046669_10213050582197236_1550299069_o.jpg
27018439_10213050582437242_1135520781_o.jpg

26996282_10213051196012581_1627643048_n.jpg

About the race:
Once again a great showing from James. This is turning out to be a very close championship battle between him and Jack. Unfortunately the same can't be said about Rui, who couldn't get a good finish if it hit him in the face at the moment :roflmao:

No quali car dropped back in Spain. They were green because of retirements and driver errors

Same same, except for the BRT bonus you've yet to discover :sneaky:

Might be the tracks, I think grip and power factor influence the importance of skill/bhp. Or AI setup, if the cars hit the limiter too soon, not fully utilising the bhp.
Been a long time problem with the Canada track I use, I should get a better version of that soon :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes