Formula FG Championship Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
+10 Quali skill

Wow this is one frustrating season. We are competitive but it just doesn't translate into results because of poor reliability. All I want from this season is at least one podium to keep my streak of podium finish in every FFG season running. I think James is the only other driver to have similar record?

Also, one podium is all I need to overtake Joel in the all time most points scored statistic :p

DTK RACING ANNOUNCE FORCE INDIA TIE-UP FOR SEASON 6
We might only be a third of the way through the season, but DTK Racing are already well on the way for next season. The team will use a 2008 Force India chassis for next season, after striking a landmark deal with the team. This will be the second 2008-spec car the team wil run, after using the 2008 Toyota in season 2.
IMAG0969.jpg

Yes, that is the DTK logo resting on the wheel :cool:

With DTK's announcement of their deal with Force India, I feel it's time for an announcement of our own...

Prifelli-Logo.png

Prifelli Racing would like to announce that we have struck a deal with the Italian marque Ferrari and will be using the Ferrari F2001 chassis from next season onwards.

Having only recently bought the team from Razor Racing we haven't had time to fully develop our own car and have been using last seasons Williams FW15c with an interim livery. The performance of has not been good enough to satisfy our ambitions and so we set our sights forward.

penrite-s.jpg

We have also signed on Penrite as our major sponsor and will be designing our new look around their brand. It's too early to release a teaser yet, but watch this space.

One last thing, we have also just finished designing our team logo :cool:

SIGOULAKIS AND FALCON BIG WINNERS AT TEST
IST1 - Silverstone.png

Manolis Sigoulakis put in the fastest lap at a dry first In Season Test session at Silverstone. The Greek ART driver snuck his nose ahead early in the piece, watching as the other front runners struggled to overtake the pace he set. But in addition to Sigoulakis, both Falcon drivers made their way into the top 4, seeing a large increase in performance for themselves and the team. Further down the field, good days for Challenger and Prifelli see both teams walk away with a full house of driver and team performance.

With the addition of the manufacturers test session, more performance is on the way for numerous teams regardless of their results today.
Engine and Tyre values IST1.png

Tier 1 engines all saw an increase of 3HP, whereas the best T2 engines were Peugeot and Toyota both gaining 2HP. Bridgestone was the top tyre performer with a 2HP gain as well.
At days end, Falcon have gained 8HP from the test, 4 of which they can choose to use where they want, while DTK is close behind having gained 7, however all but 2HP are locked in.

You're able to use the test performance from now! Please use it before the next test or you will lose it.

Side note, I missed updating the team points correctly earlier in the week (as in, all time points), and upon fixing the problem, will offer my congratulations to @Jimlaad43 and the DTK team for moving well past 1000 points this season! In fact, it would have been at the completion of the Malaysian GP.
Other important points from this, ART are just 9 points away from 1000 as well, 2KF1 moved to 4th which means that the top 4 teams are now all current racing teams (along with Falcon in third, and past N-Tech now), and Ravenwest are now two points ahead of the team they replaced yet now share the same colours as, Speedy Racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes