Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was quicker than I expected. Here is a little gift, a little bit of fun, but I cannot (don't think so) give it its full credits, so unless you follow this thread, you will not know about it.

Well you ask, what the hell is it Shaun??

Well its the base "shell" taken from another sim, and I say base shell, been working on this since Oct 2016, but, we done this to it....turned it in to a fully fledged (real spec from the manufactuer) racing pocket machine.

Full Racing Roll Cage
255BHP Turbo charged engine
Full Racing Slick V10 Tyres
Full racing Cams
Racing Brakes
Brake Temps
Full racing ride heights
Seq gear box
Racing Motec Dash board
Seq stick shift with animation
All preview pictures
All Car Info
Front and rear lights (including flashing lights)
Driver3d
AI
Auto Gear Box
Suspension and steering Geometry and FFB

Where can you find this pocket rocket....look below !!!

Last edited:
Just wanted to say, I very much like your way of "reviving" mods. Graphics are usally fine, but accurate physics and support for AC specific features are the far more important part IMHO. So: Thank you!

Hi Shaun,
Thanks for your cars
Would there be a way to improve the carbon texture on the wheel and the dashboard of the Audi TT Cup ?

PS : I look forward to test this nice litlle surprise when I'll be at home :)

I think you might find it's a heat texture. OK Exhaust's don't get "BLUE HOT" but may I ask, what so my focus on the exhaust, surely you should be looking at the road in front, the cars in front of you :D

Its not that its too shiny as that would require light to be reflecting off of it (its under the car so the inside of the exhaust should rarely see direct sunlight). Its actually emitting light - even brighter than the headlights!
I think I understand what you describe. I'll have a look to the texture :thumbsup: Maybe just a missing alpha channel :unsure:

Hi Shaun,
Thanks for your cars
Would there be a way to improve the carbon texture on the wheel and the dashboard of the Audi TT Cup ?

PS : I look forward to test this nice litlle surprise when I'll be at home :)

Thats great news. If you can please, please, please do something about the exhaust tip, it looks like its radioactive.

....still WIP and with all credits to Tommy78 and Shaun Clarke:
gooGixF.jpg

....still WIP and with all credits to Tommy78 and Shaun Clarke:
gooGixF.jpg

Much improved! Would be good if you could add some heat scorching and soot texture too. See the exhaust on the Toyota Sera mod to get an idea of what I mean.

Edit: also noticed in the shots above that the carbon fiber material on the rear diffuser and front spoiler are also too reflective. Just wanted to point that out incase you hadn't noticed.

Last edited:
It looks like you toned down the overal reflections on the exhaust. The exhaust itself could be pretty reflective, it's just that AC doesn't do ray tracing so it will reflect the bright blue sky rather than the dark undercarriage of the car. If you use a MAP file with just a lot lower reflection towards the back and top; I think it'll look a lot better.

It looks like you toned down the overal reflections on the exhaust. The exhaust itself could be pretty reflective, it's just that AC doesn't do ray tracing so it will reflect the bright blue sky rather than the dark undercarriage of the car. If you use a MAP file with just a lot lower reflection towards the back and top; I think it'll look a lot better.
What I've have done is changing this parameters (3DsimED):
QXCPdiJ.jpg

I've to use this (backward) way because we are don't have any project file of the KS editior of Tommy78. Just the KN5's.
If there anyone out there with experiences with 3DsimED will be useful.
The program is able to handle the KN5 very well but it destroy the function of the rpm curve in the display. Without editing anything on it. And just this. Every others is working perfect. (for example the P2P leds, the fuel leds, the green-yellow-red rpm line)
I don't know if I able to figure out the issue without help.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Well as you might have seen, I have broken the Seat, not sure where, but if I broke it, I can fix it. Hopefully you are all enjoying the Mini, good fun, now for some good news.

LODS LODS EVERYWHERE...I have seemed to have found a LOD expert, so with this in mind, I halting on everything else, and re-visiting the Ginetta (already fixed the ride height problem with the GT4), so the Ginetta, might, finally have proper LODS.

If this works, then it will enable me to make changes to the Audi, the Seat, and improve the Mini.

I cannot stress enough, I am really excited by this, as this has always been a problem, and I hate problems that are man made.....

So watch this space....or the RD Downloads

Regards

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back