Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Well as you might have seen, I have broken the Seat, not sure where, but if I broke it, I can fix it. Hopefully you are all enjoying the Mini, good fun, now for some good news.

LODS LODS EVERYWHERE...I have seemed to have found a LOD expert, so with this in mind, I halting on everything else, and re-visiting the Ginetta (already fixed the ride height problem with the GT4), so the Ginetta, might, finally have proper LODS.

If this works, then it will enable me to make changes to the Audi, the Seat, and improve the Mini.

I cannot stress enough, I am really excited by this, as this has always been a problem, and I hate problems that are man made.....

So watch this space....or the RD Downloads

Regards

Shaun
e5d2b6a9c3b7ee8c61611f62c3b63d66.png

Yeah your lods are getting out of hand mate.

Right this is me at the moment....

yhnwOtlmYo1BR6d1dNoDE84V_WH0RH92M3MFFYV4eezezhkGRe7uXdqrX9vM1x4HaN5ZBjj7SWwxA8gxLZwJovshLkTctNcbXj83cAK9AaU3QhO_SSnQfsIzo4iHuHap5nZTpGVo

I now have a fantastic team helping me out with everything, when they can... We are not a new modding team, just a group of people that want the same thing and work on things as and when we can.

Modeller - WACK
LODS - Dreamer
Sounds - Imrimike
Physics / cams / and other bits - Myself
Textures - After Midnight
Skins (if required) Lux Liveries
Testing - Ross Garland, Boznian and Andreas Knöpke

I cannot thank the above enough for everything they have done and are doing.

Shaun

What I've have done is changing this parameters (3DsimED):
QXCPdiJ.jpg
Yeah exactly, this changes the overall appearence of the exhaust. Does this material use a txMaps slot (cannot see what material it uses)? If so, I would suggest to revert the settings and change the txMaps texture to get less reflections, less specular, etc.
That is, ofcourse, if the exhaust is properly UV mapped.

For sure it's less of an "in your face" thing now already :)

Yeah exactly, this changes the overall appearence of the exhaust. Does this material use a txMaps slot (cannot see what material it uses)? If so, I would suggest to revert the settings and change the txMaps texture to get less reflections, less specular, etc.
That is, ofcourse, if the exhaust is properly UV mapped.

For sure it's less of an "in your face" thing now already :)

Thank you for your reply and advices.
I've to use the original settings of Tommy78 atm because there is an issue with the exported KN5 of 3DsimED (RPM_SERIE_0).
This is the full original material settings out of 3DsimED:
9ddqH93.jpg

So I've to fix it just with this textures:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/s4dfqhs29x52b4a/Textures.rar

The mapping of the exhaust is a little bit strange. So I think its possible to fix the "radioactive" shine of it but its impossible to add heat scorching / soot texture.

So its just able to achieve something like this:
ttKTmH0.jpg

...and take it "out of your face"

Hi All,

Some sad news. I have a HD failure, well I say failure, it still boots (hence why I am still here) but the bearings are shot so I am doing MASS backups now (Got the cars I have worked on ) so no major panic :)

Luckily, just like a magician, I have a spare, but as you can imagine, lots to backup, so excuse me if I disappear or don't answer for a little while

Shaun

Hi All,

Some sad news. I have a HD failure, well I say failure, it still boots (hence why I am still here) but the bearings are shot so I am doing MASS backups now (Got the cars I have worked on ) so no major panic :)

Luckily, just like a magician, I have a spare, but as you can imagine, lots to backup, so excuse me if I disappear or don't answer for a little while

Shaun
Good luck and cu soon :thumbsup:

So I've to fix it just with this textures:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/s4dfqhs29x52b4a/Textures.rar

The mapping of the exhaust is a little bit strange. So I think its possible to fix the "radioactive" shine of it but its impossible to add heat scorching / soot texture.

You do know that you can just remap the exhaust really easily? Does not even require knowledge of mapping, standard remapping will do (although it won't give the best result, it will solve the strange mapping issue).

Auch! I hope that you save all of you important stuff.

I have just spent 4 days reformatting the system drive and reinstalling windows. Have revalidated all of my Steam content. Still need to install some software, tweak my settings, restore my gamesaves and replug all of my stearing hardware and drivers. What a pain.

Good luck.

Happy modding

Last edited:
Hay Guess who's back LOL...Still reloading all the stuff, AC is going to take a while, but HD in the bin, new one in and just loading drivers, and yes, I got all important stuff off :)

Won't be testing / releasing anything tonight, but I am here

Shaun
While you've a break and chill the whole time :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I've redone the display, reworked some important texture, get all leds and the P2P sign working, find compromise settings for the exhaust (maybe Omaatjehenk can advise a better solution) and so on :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%