Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
does this leave any modding projects open? I haven't kept book on you ;)
HA HA, like AM said, I will complete what I intended to complete in this thread, its just it won't be at the speed you have come accustomed to. You might even get one tonight ;)

So all in one post, here is what I "promised" and where we are

Updated Seat Leon Eurocup (Complete)
Seat Leon TCR (Need @After_Midnight to update me)
Ginetta GT4 (With BOP to match Porsche and Maserati) (98% Complete)
Renault RS01 GT3 (opps forgot one - (95% complete)
Ginetta GT3 (2016 Swan Neck) (70% Complete)
Ginetta GT3 (2017 Flat Wing) (70% Complete)

These might slip, as there is more work than I first thought.
Vauxhall Cavalier 1993 and 1995 versions.

Regards

Shaun

Last edited:
I've got a question: I know the Audi TT Cup is dead because it's now an official car but is there a chance that it's going to be modified to become the Audi TT TCR that was used in International TCR for a short time? That would be a nice addition for the Seat Leon TCR :)
A150004_full.jpg

That was a "good idea" but the TCR Series can come a long way since then, and with todays specs, it just would not be competitive.

But....that got me thinking. How about this, ok purely fictional, but, I use my TT Mod and create an TT Eurocup mod. Remove the P2P feature and match it like for like as in power etc etc to the Seat Leon Eurocup?

How does that sound?

Shaun
Sounds good mate :thumbsup: I really hope I saved the textures for the TT :O_o:

That was a "good idea" but the TCR Series can come a long way since then, and with todays specs, it just would not be competitive.

But....that got me thinking. How about this, ok purely fictional, but, I use my TT Mod and create an TT Eurocup mod. Remove the P2P feature and match it like for like as in power etc etc to the Seat Leon Eurocup?

How does that sound?

Shaun
Sounds good but I wouldn't call that “fictional“. It's just the 2015 version using a newer BOP :D

Couple of things I would like to point out.

The Ginetta GT4 is different to the Supercup. Its heavier, has a lower rear wing (you saw that LOL) and also have 50bhp more. It also has ABS and TC enabled. I have tried to BOP this as close as possible to the GT4 Porsche and Maserati.

Ginetta have also dropped the GT4 car for 2018. Team Hard are going for an Audi R8 LMS and Century Motorsport are going for a BMW M4, and as you know for GT cars, these are my main 2 contacts for Ginetta information.

The GT3, again the FIA put loads of restrictions on this, due to it's cornering and braking ability over the other GT3 cars, so I have tried to match this as close as possible, because if we used FIA rules (which change from track to track) it would be approx 1/2 to 1 second slower than the other GT3 cars, which obviously we all don't want.

We all want another GT3 car, that is different to drive and competitive ?

So bare with me, while I get things ironed out

Shaun

PS - Please Please Please, when released, don't compare the GT4 to the Supercup version. The Supercup version is a series in itself and has its own rules and regulations and restrictions, they simply cannot be compared, as somebody tried that on FB tonight :roflmao:

I have also spent a couple of hours playing around with my Audi TT MOD, and its a no go. It just doesn't look / feel right, and while sitting the car, you might as well be driving the Seat Leon. Dash, lights, sounds are all the same, so no point tbh. Let the Seat Leon Eurocup sing in its own glory, no point in fudging something else.

Shaun

Old resources at my request @Leonardo Ratafiá

Problem was people was still downloading the old Ginetta and complaining it was crap, publicly, without looking at the update. Also the Audi TT, was no longer updated, due to it being official content.

Same with the Mazda MX-5, no point it being here.

So not every resourse, the "live updated cars" are still there and will stay there, it was me asking RD to tidy things up for me.

Hope that makes sense

Shaun

This is why. We (as you all know) do this for free, and for somebody to pop on to social media and just say out of the blue and I quote "brakes are f%%%ing ****" a little more explanation would of been nice and when I replied, I found out he was downloading and complaining about the old version.

Not only did I "have" to agree but I also pointed him to the correct download, so this is why asked RD to do this, just tidies everything up :)

Shaun

Quick update on where I am :)

Ginetta GT4 - all changes / fixes made just waiting for one more model change and a little more feedback about the BOP, as diff people are saying diff things.

RS01 GT3 - No further progress - suspended

Seat Leon TCR - Massive progress, out for testing and really really excited about this. For those that have driven my Ginetta, this will blow that right out of the water, yes I am being that bold about it. OK its FWD and I know people will say huhhh, but trust me....

Ginetta GT3, getting there

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back