Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Had a good test last night, and @Dominic Holmes was quick to write what he thought, so I thought I would share it here.

Little test tonight with Shaun Clarke and Michael Butler. All i can say is WOW. What else can i say. The car is probably the most to as realistic as i have driven. Really gets you thinking about throttle responce, braking zones, brake temps, tyre temps. Having to factor in all these to smash that fast lap. Ive driven a few 'sim racing' games from pcars to iracing and find that 90-95% of the cars in these 'sims' you can drive the cars straight out the box withought even thinking, your either throttle on or off withought thinking about it, the Ginetta i will say now for most will jump in and be spinning in circles. BUT IT IS NOT A CAR FAULT, it will be down to DRIVER error and not taking all the factors of the car into concideration. The real race driver doesnt jump in one of these in real life and go flat out straight out the pits, he takes a few laps, warms tyres up, brakes up, learns the tipping points so to speak with grip and power inputs and builds up to that fast lap. Well jumping into Ginnetta on Assetto Corsa, guess what, you have to do exactly the same, get them brakes warm, get thge temps up, learn the 'tipping points' before even thinking of smashing that time in. Treat the car with respect and it will reward you with a big smile everytime as well as a good lap time. Would also like to state im no pro and by far not the fastest but im loving this car already. It really is a workout in itself to drive in a sim, wouldnt like to imagine how the real lads do it on a race weekend, the must lose some weight over the weekend driving these.

CONCLUSION -

So all in all in my opinion - a must have mod to have to bring that smile beaming from ear to ear. great looking mod, excellent looking liveries, excellent fun to drive once you have got your head round it and how to drive it. Ecellent work from Shaun Clarke and the others behind the scenes with the visuals and info ect. Get yourselves a beer lads.

Nice, sounds very promising. ^^

I have a question, are there plans to add the vents under the doors to the model? I suppose those have been added in the recent years.
Vents under the door, could you point me to your reference, as I have been through all my pictures from test day to live day, and I cannot see what you mean

Cheers

Shaun

Arr ok, I see what you mean now....you mean these

side_vents.jpg

Arr them, yes @Epistolarius they are slightly important, IRL, as they let the exhaust heat escape from the seal to prevent a fire.

Are they important in Sim Racing, not really. If you looking that close to the outside of the model, they have not been there since the original model, but they have been there since the original car IRL :)

Hi All,

I have replied to @Epistolarius and I hope I have explained why these vents cannot be done easily, it would take a whole re-model of the side skirts, but we did at least look at his idea / request.

Another thing that has been mentioned is when the car takes rear Damage, the Bumper and Exhaust move, but the "flames" still come out of the original position. This is because the flames are controlled by their own .ini file as in direction and position.

So I spoke to Team Hard Engineers, and the Ginetta doesn't actually produce flames from the exhaust, so this was just a gimmick, so just to let you know, the new version will NO have flames.

Shaun

@After_Midnight Well it's either that, or turn off the rear Damage, as explained above :)

A quick update on all the models..

The Ginetta Supercup, is almost complete, 2017 Specs

The GT4 Version that runs in the British GT series, is going to take some more work, as I have had a conversation tonight, to nail down the 2017 specs, and holy crap they have changed a fair few things.

62% Throttle Restriction
Side Exhausts
50 BHP more
Smaller rear GT Wing
ABS and TCR fully adjustable on the fly, by the driver

To name a few, so there will be a little wait for the GT4 version.

I don't know if this has been fixed yet, but the version of the Ginetta I have here both don't work when driven by the AI. They only drive in 1st and 2nd gear bumbling round the tracks. Guess this is down to the new way downshift rpm is handled in the ai.ini (by using a percentage value for it, not a fixed rpm). And (afaik) Content Manger does still report this new routine as wrong and does a "kaputt" fix to it.

So just load both cars ingame, open the AI app, set downshift rpm to something like 80% or thereabout and save :)

I don't know if this has been fixed yet, but the version of the Ginetta I have here both don't work when driven by the AI. They only drive in 1st and 2nd gear bumbling round the tracks. Guess this is down to the new way downshift rpm is handled in the ai.ini (by using a percentage value for it, not a fixed rpm). And (afaik) Content Manger does still report this new routine as wrong and does a "kaputt" fix to it.

So just load both cars ingame, open the AI app, set downshift rpm to something like 80% or thereabout and save :)
I've not a single issue with the AI. But I'll recheck it :thumbsup:

Well you all asked, can we have a real GT4 contender, and I think we have answered your call......

Introducing the ALL New 2017 Specs Ginetta GT4 - Information from Team Hard
Tyres by @nsss used with permission - thanks mate.
Model work by the fantastic @Wack
ginetta_gt4_2017_specs_1.jpg

ginetta_2017_specs_2.jpg

ginetta_gt4_2017_specs_1.jpg

ginetta_gt4_2017_specs_3.jpg

ginetta_gt4_2017_specs_4.jpg

Attachments

• ginetta_gt4_2017_specs_5.jpg
    ginetta_gt4_2017_specs_5.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
I know most of you all understand the concept of the Ginetta's but just to clarify, you CANNOT compare the Ginetta GT4 Supercup and the Ginetta GT4, they are miles apart.

The Supercup is a single series, based in the UK, as a support series to the TOCA Package. They have their own regulations that is specified in this series, NO TCR and non adjustable ABS, except for brake Bias and this car is based on the track surface of the UK tracks, so not your ultra grippy F1 circuts. It's an animal to drive, its an animal to contain, but very re-warding when you get it right.

Version 8.2 was based on loose information that I had about the GT car.
The GT4 version is based on the new 2017 Specs that race in the British GT series, as information supplied by a British GT Team. http://www.team-hard.com/british-gt/
They are heavier, more power, smaller rear wing, more front wing, side exhausts, restricted throttle output and full ABS / TCR control on the fly by the driver.

I hope this clears things up, but if you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask

Shaun

I always wonder what was the differences between them as I never drive the Supercup yet, only GT4 version in SRS series (very very much fan series, now I love this car).
Thanks for the info sir!

A tiny tiny update for you all....

Apart from one, @FedericoF and painstakenly, re-created the Class of 2017 liveries, that will be part of the new update. This is WIP and I cannot thank him enough for his hard work on this, amazing :)

View attachment 209902
Apart from one ;) Fantastic work :thumbsup: Many thanks for making all the liverys :)

Just seen, we have just made the front page of the Official Supercup Facebook Page :confused::cool:
https://www.facebook.com/GinettaGT/...tif_t=story_reshare&notif_id=1504371694429207
Awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play