Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I have replied to @Epistolarius and I hope I have explained why these vents cannot be done easily, it would take a whole re-model of the side skirts, but we did at least look at his idea / request.

Another thing that has been mentioned is when the car takes rear Damage, the Bumper and Exhaust move, but the "flames" still come out of the original position. This is because the flames are controlled by their own .ini file as in direction and position.

So I spoke to Team Hard Engineers, and the Ginetta doesn't actually produce flames from the exhaust, so this was just a gimmick, so just to let you know, the new version will NO have flames.

Shaun
Take like 10 minutes man to cut those vents ,
without effecting any UVS or anything at all lol ,
why can it not be done easily ?

Take like 10 minutes man to cut those vents ,
without effecting any UVS or anything at all lol ,
why can it not be done easily ?

I was told by my friend that has helped me since November 2016, and I trust him. I am not modeller and no expert, but he has been there since the day I started, he has taking my frustration, my tantromes and still here today, bless him.

I trust him, it's as simple as that. Also, would they make a difference to AC, nope, would people look at them, I hope not as they should be driving, would they show up on replays, naa and most people have added them on their skins.

If it made a change to the cars handling / areo dynamics, sound, then yes, but it doesn't

Hope that answers your question

Shaun

I was told by my friend that has helped me since November 2016, and I trust him. I am not modeller and no expert, but he has been there since the day I started, he has taking my frustration, my tantromes and still here today, bless him.

I trust him, it's as simple as that. Also, would they make a difference to AC, nope, would people look at them, I hope not as they should be driving, would they show up on replays, naa and most people have added them on their skins.

If it made a change to the cars handling / areo dynamics, sound, then yes, but it doesn't

Hope that answers your question

Shaun
there not even that pretty looking to be honest , looks better without them , looks cleaner ,
but its not a big job to add , but like u say if theres loads of skins and its been added then nothing much to do there , at least everything else is accurate on the build and they dont add much appeal anyways :)

Was very lucky to have a Ginetta Team Boss and driver and Data Engineer watch our live feed last night. We have sent him some MOTEC data and he is going to compare, but this was his feedback...
Well im definatly impressed. Was watching live feeds from thomas and shaun.

Most impressed when tom ran the kerb at mclaren's and it spat you around as in real life it does this in the current G55...

Have had a long chat with shaun and given a little feed back re setup etc which hopefully will help....

We have FINALLY RESOLVED the Mysterious Ginetta Gear Ratios. What is published is in FACT not used, as @mclarenf1papa said, and we have the ratios that they actually use. There is a few other bits that he has suggested as well, so all good :)

Shaun

Wow ... nice to hear this feedback from him !!!!!
And also, I'm happy to say ..... taratatatataratatatatata ....
I've finished all SE 2017 liveries (without vents).
Task done ... "iiiuuuuuuhuuuuu graaazzzie ragazzzziiii iuuuuuuiuuuuuuu"

REJOICE!.gif

Hi All,

Well things are really hotting up now. The model is now complete, to 2017 specs. The physics is now complete, and all bar 2, all the 2017 Liveries are complete. Why two, well 1 if you saw it, it has been professionally graphics wrapped. I have asked the company / driver if they have templates, and the 2nd one, Team Hard are entering a new driver this weekend, and his stickers are being applied as I type, so we will have full pictures tomorrow night.

So here is a couple of pictures, with the help from Team Hard as well, I have been told, internally, this is NI on perfect.

For people that wanted to skin, the original templates still work, the only change is the vents underneath the doors, they are now included in the model, so no need to add these to your liveries.

We are hoping within a week or two, which will be followed by the 2017 Spec GT4 version.

Again, thank you all for your interest and following, of this, what started as a mini project to what it has become now. Full specs and changes will be announced on release

real_vs_ac_cockpit.jpg

new_cockpit.jpg

Looking really good, can't wait to try it out :)
Will the 2017 Spec replace the "old" version of the Ginetta or will it be a stand-alone car?

Looking really good, can't wait to try it out :)
Will the 2017 Spec replace the "old" version of the Ginetta or will it be a stand-alone car?
Because this is "so" different, I know a lot of people will not like this version, because it is set oh how it should handle, basically it rewards you if your in control, consistent, like to play with setups, but it does work straight out of the box, but it can be made better, as I wanted people to experiment and fiddle with setups, where the older version I did, did really drive on rails tbh, and a lot of people commented on this, esp the real life drivers.

So to please everybody, this will be a new addition, so if you wish you can run both versions in AC with no issues. The 2017 version also comes with a RHD & LHD version and this has been tested and both can be setup on the same server at the same time and people can choose, depending on their preference i.e cockpit view. Obviously AC doesn't calculate the weight transfer for drivers position, so we did this, as the real life drivers from the Supercup and UK GT4 version, wanted a RHD, as hopefully, this is going to be used in the teams as a training aid.

If anybody has anymore questions, please feel free, I will be more than happy to answer them, and also there is a couple of Ginetta Drivers on this forum...just watching in the background, so If I get stuck, I am sure they would jump in to help.

Regards

Shaun

the ginetta project has changed me ... i can't live without a skin to do ... as consequence ... i'm switching to the dark side painting an huracan gt3 and waiting for the new 2018 season :D :D :D

Thanks Shaun, can't wait to drive the new release!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%