gtl-flyer6.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Ford GT40
Race Type: Sprint & Feature
Track: Riverside Nascar (sprint) & Riverside Can-Am (feature) Click to Download
Weather: It's a Dry Heat.
Practice: 19.30 (30 mins)
Qualification: 20.00 (20 mins)
Race: 16 laps (Nascar layout) - 16 laps (Can-Am layout)
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Skins: Click Me for Skinpack

I felt sorry for the old GT40, always excluded from the GTC65 races for basically being too good, so I've decided to unleash it round a track that lets it stretch it's legs. There will be a skinpack for the GT40 to follow. There's a slight change to the event because of the limitations of multitrack events where the lap counts have to match.

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's 2 Golden Rules:

1.If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents.

2.Late sign outs or no-shows prevent others from entering club events. Some series have really hot seats and can be filled with ease for two or three times. If this happens too many times we are forced to terminate your club account immediately. Last sign out possibility is 1 hour prior to the start of the event (practice).

Not following these rules will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Entrylist:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Simon Bacon
  3. Warren Dawes
  4. Amir Margalit
  5. Matt Crouch
  6. Ben Tusting
  7. Dave Stephenson
  8. Steve Palmer
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
Reserves:
  1. Andy Marsden
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver

• Matt Crouch

forgive me for I have sinned, it has been 6 days since my last race...

race 1, got a good start from 4th straight into 2nd, but inevitably lost places over time. Something about the track and car made it feel like a high speed chase, and there was a good bit of cat & mouse going on. Bunch of little mistakes throughout but fun :good:

race 2.... started with the pit limiter on... ooops :redface:. not a good start. After catching up, bit of a disaster when I flew off the track after misudging Simon's speed in front - took me ages to get off that grass again, but no damage methinks. Then even more of a disaster after only a couple of laps, when one of the dime bar tyres moved itself into the track and destroyed my engine.

whoops

Thanks for the event, the skins, and Sam for the setup. :woop:

:bang:

Thanks for turning out all of you :good:

I had decent pace tonight (not in Tusty's league, mind) but made too many silly errors. Not that it mattered, mind, as I was grinning like an onanistic chimp for both races.

Race 1 - quallied 2nd or 3rd - but managed to destroy the front of the car on those Armadillo tyres on lap 3, meaning I slewed to one side under braking. The slewage caused not one, but two (count 'em) Stop n Gos through cutting. :D

Race 2 - Quallied 3rd finished 3rd - less errors, and was catching Amir up for a dice for 2nd, but pushed too hard too soon (probably when I didn't need to) and fell off the road, giving him enough room to get home comfortably.

The floodlights coming on around the track was a nifty touch, even if it did make Dave think his graphics card was on it's last legs :D

Thanks again all - Hope to see some or all of you on saturday for the Car of the Month enduro race @ Lakeside.

After that, it's the Mini Cooper sprints on Tuesday :good:

and we all know how much fun the Minis are, right?

I mean the real Minis, not these upstart arrivistes they have in Evo :wink2:

That was very different, plenty of high speed action in these cars, and a nice track. What a sight when the trackside floodlights came on during the race. :).

Race 1 went ok for me, after I dropped a couple of spots with the usual slow start, but quickly moved to second after an initial drag with Matt, side by side at huge speed down the long straight. :rotfl: Had a few laps with Ben when he slowed to play around with me, that kept things interesting for a while, thks Ben. Then Ben decided to just clear off and leave me to cruise to P2 at the finish.

Race 2 was very different. I creeped a tiny bit off the line and received a Stop n Go penalty for it. Called into the pits but didn't know what to do. Stopped for a while then went out again, only to be DQ'ed.

Anyone can tell me how a Stop n Go works when you are using manual pitstops????

Grats to Ben, again in a class of his own. We need some aliens to give him a run for his money, he's winning too easily. :clap::clap::clap: :worship:

Yaya minis cars I can drive !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the night guys but it was doomed from the start for me.
didn't qualy last so had some hopes but they were short lived. I love being a lap down so on i toddled spin after spin :) I think I may have cause Croucher to do some kind of death spin at the first esses when i was parked up waiting for them to pass. waited for him and lost some more places which is all good when your already screwed :)

Second race looked like a better bet. After raceing a setup of my own and Sams in the 1st race with no look either way I changed my mind half way through practice in the second to switch to the If-its-got-a-plus-button-smash-it-all-the-way-up setup policy. Ha magic it worked. felt like a normal racer, knocked a second of the best time but still too slow. :) if i had time to put the rear arb down a couple of clicks i think it would have been perfect. ah well. for another day.

• Matt Crouch

I think I may have cause Croucher to do some kind of death spin at the first esses when i was parked up waiting for them to pass. waited for him and lost some more places which is all good when your already screwed :)

Nah was all my fault. I did see your name sticking up over the ground but I just took the corner completely wrong. thanks for waiting though, maybe I need a carry on bind though as flashing headlights isn't really obvious enough.. :heh:

8 snarling, fire breathing beasts get ready to burn lots of rubber in this jailbreak. No pouncy rear wings and spoilers for these tearaways, these were driven by real men in those days.

Actually, I'm just showing off Stuart's great skin collection for this event.

GT40sRiverside.jpg

I thought these were fun in a weirdly masochistic way.:quiet:

Race 1.

Ended for me on Lap 8, I just couldn't get into any sort of rhythm on this version of the track, and early on found the front end magnetically drawn to any solid object around.

Race 2.

The infield section was lovely, made for a better flow to my race (plus the grin factor of going airbourne.) Finished a distant 4th (which technically was last) but enjoyed the drive immensely.

Thanks Stuart for the amazing skins again and all for the races. Will try to make Tuesday if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back