1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ford GT40 @ Riverside - Jailbreak - Thursday 19th March 2009

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Stuart Thomson, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

[​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
    Class: Ford GT40
    Race Type: Sprint & Feature
    Track: Riverside Nascar (sprint) & Riverside Can-Am (feature) Click to Download
    Weather: It's a Dry Heat.
    Practice: 19.30 (30 mins)
    Qualification: 20.00 (20 mins)
    Race: 16 laps (Nascar layout) - 16 laps (Can-Am layout)
    Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
    Skins: Click Me for Skinpack

I felt sorry for the old GT40, always excluded from the GTC65 races for basically being too good, so I've decided to unleash it round a track that lets it stretch it's legs. There will be a skinpack for the GT40 to follow. There's a slight change to the event because of the limitations of multitrack events where the lap counts have to match.

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's 2 Golden Rules:

1.If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents.

2.Late sign outs or no-shows prevent others from entering club events. Some series have really hot seats and can be filled with ease for two or three times. If this happens too many times we are forced to terminate your club account immediately. Last sign out possibility is 1 hour prior to the start of the event (practice).

Not following these rules will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Entrylist:
    1. Stuart Thomson
    2. Simon Bacon
    3. Warren Dawes
    4. Amir Margalit
    5. Matt Crouch
    6. Ben Tusting
    7. Dave Stephenson
    8. Steve Palmer
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
    26. Driver
    27. Driver
    28. Driver
    29. Driver
    Reserves:
    1. Andy Marsden
    2. Driver
    3. Driver
    4. Driver

2. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

ooooooh, me like GT40, me in. Ta.

3. The first and only time I drove this beast I got my maiden podium, i'm definately in! :thumb:

4. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Tracks uploaded to RD and link added to top post.

5. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Skinpack link added to top post

6. The front page isn't right stuart by the way. It says the event is this Thursday.

7. Best thing to do at the mo regarding the front page event list is to ignore it as I think there are a few problems that are being looked into. The calender and the event post are the best places to check for dates at the moment :thumb:

8. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Minge :disapointed:

Just for the record, for any viewers joining us late - GT40's is March 19th, 914's is Feb 19th.

9. OMG GT40's. I might get this game.

10. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

11. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Do it! Great game!

I think you can sign me up. I'm not 100% sure if I'm free that day, but if I am: All in!

12. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Just a quick reminder - due to the postponement of Saturdays CotM race this is the next event on the calendar.

13. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Please note the password has been changed - click on the link in the event post to find out the new one.

14. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Blimey!! I just did my first check out of this event, what sort of evil dreams were you guys having to plan this. :evil:

Quick, order another batch of GT40's from Ford, I've already destroyed most of the worlds supply in practice. :eek:
    I suppose you know all those half tyres on the side of the road are rock solid. :rip: I sure do. :wink2:

It should prove a spectacle as we all jump over the the hump at about 250 KPH.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

:sinister:

16. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Truth be told, I remembered this course from my GPL days, and it was a hoot then.

Those featherlight cars with all that power and no aero - wheee! :good:

So I decided to drag you all into my private hell.

Yes, the tyres are concrete filled, but I think we're all big enough & ugly enough to be able to avoid them :D - and we've all driven on tracks where some of the scenery is destructive, and this is no different. The brake markers last week, the Cone of Champs @ Lime Rock Mountain

It's just the speeds involved here are somewhat higher, and the resulting acrobatics somewhat more...elaborate :D

17. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

All - just a reminder to make sure you have the tracks & skinpack installed for this event.

It's rare that we're able to break out the GT40's so don't miss out :good:

18. Not sure if I will be able to make this, bumped myself to reserves.

19. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Not many entries yet.
    I forgot to mention in my last post, I'm planning to join this one.

20. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

The lacks of entries is quite depressing, especially considering the quality of this sim.

I know we'll get some signups in the last two days, but people's reluctance to commit beyond that window is extremely frustrating.

GTL's like a good scotch, Evo's an alcopop, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.