gtl-flyer6.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Ford GT40
Race Type: Sprint & Feature
Track: Riverside Nascar (sprint) & Riverside Can-Am (feature) Click to Download
Weather: It's a Dry Heat.
Practice: 19.30 (30 mins)
Qualification: 20.00 (20 mins)
Race: 16 laps (Nascar layout) - 16 laps (Can-Am layout)
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Skins: Click Me for Skinpack

I felt sorry for the old GT40, always excluded from the GTC65 races for basically being too good, so I've decided to unleash it round a track that lets it stretch it's legs. There will be a skinpack for the GT40 to follow. There's a slight change to the event because of the limitations of multitrack events where the lap counts have to match.

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's 2 Golden Rules:

1.If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents.

2.Late sign outs or no-shows prevent others from entering club events. Some series have really hot seats and can be filled with ease for two or three times. If this happens too many times we are forced to terminate your club account immediately. Last sign out possibility is 1 hour prior to the start of the event (practice).

Not following these rules will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Entrylist:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Simon Bacon
  3. Warren Dawes
  4. Amir Margalit
  5. Matt Crouch
  6. Ben Tusting
  7. Dave Stephenson
  8. Steve Palmer
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
Reserves:
  1. Andy Marsden
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver

The lacks of entries is quite depressing, especially considering the quality of this sim.

I know we'll get some signups in the last two days, but people's reluctance to commit beyond that window is extremely frustrating.

GTL's like a good scotch, Evo's an alcopop, IMO.

Here's my 2 cent worth.

You guys do a fantastic job of Organizing events for us, but I think you should maybe think about having at least 1 night of the month for each of your speciality sims, having GTL go up against EVO and rFactor is a tough one. If GTL had at least one exclusive night without clashing with the big 2 then I think you will encourage more participants Stu/Andy. There are always people willing to race and if GTL happens to be the only races available then odds are they'll sign/turn up. Once they've experienced it then there's bound to be a percentage who'll come back. Once events become popular and are attracting numbers it has a sort of snowball effect, just look at the EVO mini enduro nights, the numbers seem to swell every week.

Yep - I totally agree, but having exclusive GTL nights is just not on the agenda.

Evo - between 2 & 3 races every single night plus leagues, rFactor, 2-3 nights a week, including novelty mods like F1 support, bangers & karts.

Ergo- GTL is living on scraps, and will remain to do so unless things change, and they aren't going to change any time soon.

So many people are missing out on what is, IMO, the sim with the most character out of all of them.

Top selling single of last year was the X-factor winner. Most popular doesn't equate to best, unfortunately.

If we cleared a night of Evo & rF, people would be yowling like a Russian Timberwolf who's just seen his evening meal of peasant shin up a tree, even if GTL was running the best event it could.

Just a note from my side. I would love to join GTL now and then, but its always on Thu/Fri/Sat. Days I can never race.
Since rF is now on Mon/Wed, why not try GTL on Tues also? It suits me, maybe others too.

PS. I meant add Tues, not replace it from another day.

Whenever there's an evening where there's only a GTL event, an Evo event will get created. I only handle the GTL events, I have no sway over the Evo events.

Evo is the most popular sim, to be fair.

OK mate I understand, and yeah there is no disputing the popularity of EVO. Perhaps you and the other racing staff can compromise on a night then, a gentlemans agreement to have an EVO/rFactor free night, surely thats the least that can be done in order to raise the profile of GTL, after all RD is a "racing" club, NOT an EVO club.

Has there been a poll to find out how many people actually own GTL? ( I did do a search, but couldn't find anything. Doesn't mean there isn't one as IMO the search feature on this site is Very Poor). It may well be a case that there are very few people who own the sim, and therefore numbers never will be big!

Oh and by the way stick my name on that there list up there, :good:

It may well be a case that there are very few people who own the sim, and therefore numbers never will be big!

Actually we have had a Poll previously. The poll confirmed that we have a high number of people with the game, and we have had up to 32 people sign up for an Event around December (Abarth's @ Nurburgring), so it isn't really a case of only a few people having the game. Our members just don't seem to support the game regularly, or the event times are not suiting enough people. Having competing events in EVO at the same time has always been a killer for GTL. It's a shame, because the quality of the game and the quality of the racing in GTL offers a distinctive change from GTRE, but people seem to want more of the same game all the time.

The tuesday thing might be a good idea. Most of the stuff people hold dear like the leagues and mini's etc, reside towards the back end of the week or at the weekends. The events at the moment are stuck firmly within peoples alllotted practice and preperation time for those events.

I know Im one to talk my attendance has been poo too, but I'd prefer earlier in the week as well. Too much going off towards the weekend.

EDIT: bit late. hadn't spotted the other event :)

Anyone done any testing for these races, specifically Nascar track, I can't seem to find any target times to aim for, I'm @ 1:31:4xx on race fuel, not that I think I'll be fit enough anyway, :wink2:, I may make an appearance but full race distance is doubtful. BTW if anyone's interested I've stuck my current setup in the online Nastrk folder.

Sam

quite night ahead by the looks of it :(

EDIT: Im going to go scream and shout for a bit, still cant get in :(

Ive re-applied the 1.1 patch done the profile thing again. When I reinstall Vista Ill try again. its doing my box in now :weep::shout::excruciating::dont-know::dont-know::dont-know:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back