Force feedback and hopefully some ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys ive been reading a lot about the complaints and stuff and in the whole i agree with you but before i go into huge detail we have to remember that it is a feeling thing so every one is going to want something different

firstly some files can be found here
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/r3e-controller-rcs-files.64703/page-4#post-1527503
as with all of these remap your buttons/pedals /shifters etc

the base files in game feel over dampened and have a few other things going on

I know a lot of you hate tweaking and are really not happy with what is on offer

fanatec wheels ... take the bmw csw one ... and just change the force feedback levels you will probably want to turn it up also there is a note about rear tyre grip in the txt file

logitech wheels take the g27 one and again tweak the force to your preference

please please do give feedback as it helps and hopefully these changes will give people a little more what they are looking for

If you have a wheel thats not in this list i will do my best to tweak it , just upload the rcs on this page and i will tweak it a little ....

can we keep the discussions here and if you want to propose an rcs file put it in that thread

If people want to know what has been tweaked and some of the not so logical logic behind it then ask and ill try to explain what ive done

hope this helps

Andi

With the recent RRRE updates, the steering response is sluggish. It feels as though the front wheels are turning at a much slower steer-rate than my wheel. I'll have to scrap my Logitech settings and test with various settings to see if I can figure out what is having this affect.

Hi there,
here's my R3E Controller file for the Fanatec Porsche GT3RS (v2) with Clubsport Pedals (v1).

My wheel settings are:
SEn:540 | FF:100 | Sho:000 | dri:OFF | AbS:OFF | Lin:000 | dEA:000 | SPr:0 | dPr:0

Ingame my virtual wheel is set to 540° too and i'm driving with steering lock 24°.

I'm quite fine with my settings, because (referring to grip) i feel better what the back of the car is doing (unlike the default controlset).
But maybe there is room for improvements about road feel.;) I would like to here some feedback about my settings. :)

Thanks in advance.
Ernie

Attachments

• Fanatec Porsche GT3RS sequential by Ernie.rcs
    19.2 KB · Views: 795
I have 3 profiles, two from here (Peter`s and Vilas`s) and my own, but difference is very small, even setups are completely different.
This is my:
rrre-2013-10-18-16-40-58.jpg

rrre-2013-10-18-16-40-17.jpg

rrre-2013-10-18-16-40-20.jpg

rrre-2013-10-18-16-40-24.jpg

Thanks for your response :).

I have DFGT and i'll try your settings, now is very strange but i can drive only with 200 degree !

There seems to be a lack of opposite lock. I cant feel when i cross the margin of grip. Suddenly...out of the blue i loose the rear wihout any warning from the FFB. This makes it so hard to drive on the edge. In rFactor 2 i feels the exact point to were my tires are on the edge of loosing grip so im able to react on upcoming track parts while in R3E i just drive, hoping that nothing will happen.

are you using a standard or a tweak control set ?

Andi
Im using a standard control set (i guess). I have a nice example. Audi R8 at Hockenheim turn 6 "Hairpin".
I brake before the hairpin, shifting back. I turn into the corner and once hitting the apex i throttle up very carefully for the exit. At exact that point i do not feel any warning from the ffb. If i apply too much throttle, out of the blue i spin. While with rFactor 2 i feel the strength during the exit applied on the wheel telling me how far i am from a opposite lock. And of course it happens that i spin in rF2 but i knew it was going to happen, in R3E it is a suprise.

''And of course it happens that i spin in rF2 but i knew it was going to happen, in R3E it is a suprise'':)

If you use default settings, the easiest way to change something are these settings.
Grip weight and steering weight force.

FFB settings.jpg

Thanks Peter, i played with those settings but still i miss something.

AC: i turn the wheel the cars follows (non Einstein)
rF2: i turn the wheel and mass wants to follow a straight line directly translated into FFB. I feel the mass shifting.
r3E: i turn the wheel and the mass wants to follow a straight line but it is not translated into FFB, i do not feel the mass shifting despite the ingaem settings i use.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Peter, i played with those settings but still i miss something.

AC: i turn the wheel the cars follows (non Einstein)
rF2: i turn the wheel and mass wants to follow a straight line directly translated into FFB. I feel the mass shifting.
r3E: i turn the wheel and the mass wants to follow a straight line but it is not translated into FFB, i do not feel the mass shifting despite the ingaem settings i use.

That's a very clear explanation.
Don't need to tell you witch of the three I prefer at this moment.

Last edited:
I have DFGT and i'll try your settings, now is very strange but i can drive only with 200 degree !

I too have set my Global Settings to 200 degrees for the DFGT. I also do not start from the Profiler...the steering and FFB seems better by bypassing it, although the Steering Rotation does affect the game. I am using default DFGT settings in game so far and it's OK, but will need a bit of a tweak. With higher Steering Rotation, I was having to spin the wheel to get around hairpins in the Mustang. Racecars were a bit better.

I'll be honest, I would like to see the FFB about like GTR 2. Its still one of the best to me. You always know what the car is doing, plenty of feedback and no dead spots. GTR 2 is right there with Assetto Corsa in terms of feel and physics.

I'll be honest, I would like to see the FFB about like GTR 2
IMHO we have exceeded what has been achieved in GTR2 :)

The new FFB code is giving you information about everything the car is doing.
Starting by taking into account the vertical & lateral load on tyres & steering rack, the grip for front and rear tyres, but also giving you feedback about what the engine, gearbox and brakes are doing.

Add a new Road Surface technology to the mix, that consists of a high dense mesh with physical bumps, and i guarantee you, GTR2 will look(& feel) old in comparison.
#RoadFeel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back