Force feedback and hopefully some ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys ive been reading a lot about the complaints and stuff and in the whole i agree with you but before i go into huge detail we have to remember that it is a feeling thing so every one is going to want something different

firstly some files can be found here
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/r3e-controller-rcs-files.64703/page-4#post-1527503
as with all of these remap your buttons/pedals /shifters etc

the base files in game feel over dampened and have a few other things going on

I know a lot of you hate tweaking and are really not happy with what is on offer

fanatec wheels ... take the bmw csw one ... and just change the force feedback levels you will probably want to turn it up also there is a note about rear tyre grip in the txt file

logitech wheels take the g27 one and again tweak the force to your preference

please please do give feedback as it helps and hopefully these changes will give people a little more what they are looking for

If you have a wheel thats not in this list i will do my best to tweak it , just upload the rcs on this page and i will tweak it a little ....

can we keep the discussions here and if you want to propose an rcs file put it in that thread

If people want to know what has been tweaked and some of the not so logical logic behind it then ask and ill try to explain what ive done

hope this helps

Andi

Ok, thx for your reply.

I guess that you and Peter test your control sets with the respective wheel which presumes that you have access to different Logit. Fanat. and Thrust. models and/ or do you use tools showing the raw data of ffb parameters as graphics? Would be helpfull to better understand how parameters interfer. Such graphics can be seen on the web.

When changing the rcs file while the game is running, do you know how to reload it so that changes are taken over, maybe with a key combination? It's tedious having to always stop and restart the game.

As far as I know you can't change the .rcs file when the game runs, but ''alt/f'' resets the ffb.
So if the ffb feels any different after replay or wheel settings change, just push ''alt/f''.

i sort of know which parameters change which bit now so , what happens is i have a few rcs and ill run one and tweak its mirror (as it isnt loaded the game isnt writing to it ) then ill switch to it test it , if its gone in the right direction ie positive results then i make a mirror of that and so forth .

As i said earlier the idea was to create an rcs that went across the board cars+wheels that could be user tweaked without the need for note pad ... so when i thought it was better peter got hold of it and tweaked it (mainly weight and ffb strengths ) tor the t500 once we had a build that worked for those two peter and glen tweaked it on the g27 and so the voyage continued . to be honest we have tried tweaking some more but havent got anything that is more informative or better than this base set up (across the board as a setup for more than one wheel)... as you have noticed that by tweaking 2 options in game you can make it heavier or more force etc to suit you and your car ... so i think it was a success in that way

i wish i knew what external apps showed clipping etc as i cant find one , i dont know if this would help much but might show up any obvious mistake i had made

hope that helps make more sense .... this wasnt a scientific approach this was a tweak this and that approach ;)

Andi

Haha! Well, thx for providing insights into your System D working method ;) it works, that's why I'm interested. I find your common setup consequently conceived, I guess you widely reached your goal. It's also helpfull as an orientation (how it shouldn't be done... eh no no ;), great idea with the mirror .rcs files, will try it.

Just to briefly mention, concerning my approach of active and reactive ffb forces, I'm less and less sure about that. I'm afraid I'll have to give up my illusion about finding a general control set providing precise and sharp car specific effects... but I remain curious about the future game progress.

Now I tried 3 different steering wheel settings for my G27 and no matter what I do, feeling of drive is like a steering on a muddy soft surface without sence of grip. I want to drive this cars fast, that`s why I bought almost half of them, but I really can`t and I can`t get it! GSC, rF2 with mods and all the other SimBin titles work like a charm, I can feel what I have to do, becasue FFB transfers what is going on under tyres, but in RRRE and now DTM, everything is "soft" without any real feedback when driving on the edge.
That`s not just because, maybe, bad steering wheel setup, because I can set it up for myself in any other game, just RRRE give that bad feeling.
I hope, developers didn`t forget what they do in previous games and in some future patch they will make the right step, so FFB will become what it has to be :thumbsup:.

I have 3 profiles, two from here (Peter`s and Vilas`s) and my own, but difference is very small, even setups are completely different.
This is my:
rrre-2013-10-18-16-40-58.jpg

rrre-2013-10-18-16-40-17.jpg

rrre-2013-10-18-16-40-20.jpg

rrre-2013-10-18-16-40-24.jpg

Thanks for your response :).

you can try the csw wheel linked in the downloads if not post your rcs here after you have done all of your bindings and ill tweak it as best as i can / remember to look at the fanatec .txt file this will give you rough idea of the wheel settings to use

Andi

Hi buddys. Has anyone good settings for the Fanatec CSR (non Elite)?

Well I am looking for the DTM Demo but as it's basically the same like RRR I am writing here because I expect more views and a better chance to get great files. And I could use it in RRR as well ;)

BTW I have newest Firmware so the non standard control-mapping for me.

hi , i believe it is basically a gt3rs with a different wheel / best bet is to upload your rcs and ill tweak it for you

Andi

Well, after alI day of trying different setups I gave up and I will wait to see, what next patch(es) can or will improve about FFB. I don`t know how FFB feeling can be so bad and sometimes I have a feeling, my wheel is set to positive strenght (G27 must be negative), because it behaves so strange (for example, after hairpin in Hockenheim or start finish straight in Indy). I don`t want directly compare different games, but after couple of hours, when I lost all my hopes (... emmm, nerves), I went to drive rF2 payware mod of my fellow citizen and as I expected, I found completely different world and then I ask myself, why do developers want to fix something, that`s not broken? Why don`t you just take FFB from one of your previous games and put it in your new game? Or it is not that simple, as I think it is? I can see a lot of complains about FFB on all the other similar sites, so I guess that`s quite a problem.
You know, I don`t want to spread negative vibrations about SimBin, not at all, I really love your games and I have all of them with all DLCs, but some positive critics can`t to any harm, I guess :thumbsup:.

Well, after alI day of trying different setups I gave up and I will wait to see, what next patch(es) can or will improve about FFB..

Maybe if you are giving up, you might want to try my G27 settings / profile. This is what I currently use, still not totally happy with it but it seems quite driveable to me. I've included screenshots of my Logitech Profile, and each of my Controller settings for RRE. I've also included my .rcs file just in case it makes things easier.
Basically what I have done is to transfer my GTL FFB settings (which are also very similar to my Race 07 settings) to RRE.

Might help, dunno. :unsure:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52407178/RRE G27 Controller Settings WAD.rar

Thanks Warren, really appreciate that and I will try your setup with high hopes right after SBK race :thumbsup:.

edit:
I couldn`t resist and I had to tried it immediately! Well, that is a progress at last :). I just raised brake sensitivity to 100% and steering to 75% and now I can drive those beasts a bit faster with almost completely reduced floating feeling. Thanks again and also thanks all who helped me with this problem in the last days :thumbsup:.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back