Tracks Finnish Tracks

Coming up nicely ;)
Suspension simulations being finished (for the physics), shock data acquired, 3D model well underway, tires in the making, Sounds still placeholders, but we have a certain "teuton" talked to help us with them. Release? this year I would think :)

Excellent news! Although I'm very patient person in this case I must say, can't wait! However take your time. Like we say, hätiköiden tulee vaan kuspäitä pentuja.:D

Thanks for the news and good luck for the project.

Ahvenisto Teaser
Ahvenisto_teaser.jpg

Still long way to go but the track is driveable. Texture settings etc still needed, maybe new graphics also. Looking good this far...

Edit: Image changed

Last edited:
Ahvenisto Assetto Corsa Teaser Ferrari F1 2002 onboard video

No, it's not even close to finished track, this is still straight conversion and looks bad, it will need new objects, new graphics, surfaces for track, grass, wall etc and surface maps etc.

So all the work is just beginning :)

Btw, that Ferrari is awesome!!!

news? Mitä kuuluu projektille?
Nothing new, I'm very busy atm. This conversion is very easy to do but there's so many hours left with new objects and graphics, I mean I may need a long vacation for this work LOL
Ps. as I said i'm too lazy and i'm not lie to you. This Ahvenisto alpha version is driveable so maybe I can share it with you (private). It allows lapping but not much more...most biggest work still left is to change all trees and there is so many of...also all surfaces must create from "cratch" as this is originally GPL track. That's not a big operation but must to do to allow different surface types, atm the whole track includes only track surface so grass feels the same as tarmac etc...

Btw, there's another version WIP, it looks like combination of my and Sergio Loro's track as it looks like two different track used. Because the layout is different between my and Sergios tracks so all parts not fit together LOL

This guy definitelly do not have my permission so he cannot use my track for this. Never even asked. If he have Sergio Loro's permission so no can do :)

Note that I did only visual check atm. not yet compared more deeply but I will.

Cheers!

So, Is there anything new about this project that has been heard? I would love to see Alastaro, cause It is such an legendary location, and I do live really close to it aswell.

So, Is there anything new about this project that has been heard? I would love to see Alastaro, cause It is such an legendary location, and I do live really close to it aswell.

I'm working with Alastaro made from scratch. Here is video what the track looks like at the moment
Far from complete, still got alot work to do with ground and later polishing textures and shaders.

Last edited:
I'm working with Alastaro made from scratch. Here is video what the track looks like at the moment
Far from complete, still got alot work to do with ground and later polishing textures and shaders. And note for Kimmo, I'm using tree textures and tire barrier object from your Alastaro. These are temporary and plan is to change these later, unless you give permission to use these.
Great to see that is has not been forgotten! Looks really great to my eye! Keep up the good work and maybe we can soon have Alastaro in Assetto Corsa!

I'm working with Alastaro made from scratch. Here is video what the track looks like at the moment. Far from complete, still got alot work to do with ground and later polishing textures and shaders.
This is my GTR2 Alastaro (see video below), the base layout looks so similar, did you really start from scratch?? But I don't believe you. See following video and compare the track, your version include much more but...the base looks same.

So if you used my track so this mod is illegal because you never asked persmission. I can compare these in editor so we will find the truth.

Before this starts AGAIN...Remember---->

Please make sure you read and understand our terms of service !
Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. This means you may not personally attack other forum users. malicious behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated. If there is a problem report it to the staff.

VERY IMPORTANT:
All users should refrain from dragging out heated discussions in the public forums. If you have an unresolved conflict with another user or staff member please use the private messaging system or email to resolve it. Remember at all times that normal forum rules apply in private messages and a user is able to report aggressive private messages directly to the admin team, which will include the content of the message.

Okey lets end this before war begins. To be honest, no, my track is NOT made based on your original GTR2 track. It's based on lidar data. The End. Yes, they look similar, especially tree line looks similar but that doesn't mean I copied you or does it? Maybe just no point adding million trees which drivers wont even see.

Welcome to Hämeenlinna, I'll serve coffee if you want to fight more about this.

Edit for people with magnifying glass, yes treeline texture and tyre barrier models are same and sure they were. Original idea was to convert Kimmo's track to Assetto Corsa with most likely better textures so sure I had those files. Yes, I used those in that old video, not lying about that because I didn't at that day have anything better and those were only literally temporary solution. Of course I would had asked permission to these if I'd use them in released version, and no, I don't use Kimmo's assets anymore.

And last but not least, lets compare these tracks, shall we? Orange is mine and white is Kimmo's aligned with main straight and third corner.

soY8mff.png

Last edited:
Could someone lay down finish tracks list (from real life) ? Still being used tracks and not existing classic tracks too.

We have quite a bit circuits from Finland already

60s Ahvenisto by Sergio Loro
60s Elaintarharata by Sergio Loro
Ahvenisto by Anssi
Alastaro by Jaasu

Is there more ?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back