Ferrari Virtual Academy 2010

Why was the link removed, you need a license number to play the game anyway?
It was removed because you can find it on FVA website too after logging in and clicking on your name: spreading the link on the web is a waste of bandwith for Ferrari servers.
Let people download only if they have a proper license. :)

well i just dont understand how comes i got a world record at gtr evo and at lfs anf fva im 2.5 and 1.5 second slower

maybe theyre just different kinds of game which reward different things i dont blame it necesarily on hacking

Where do GTR Evo world records get stored i wonder? I hope you don't mean that flawed leaderboard of Simbin :) Those times nobody takes serious..

Maybe you are overrating your own skills a bit?

no i mean the ghost car records, those are much faster than the dumb leader boards

1.jpg

edit:

also you are under rating massas skill

remember that an important point of the discusion is that massas 1 .5 second slower than the rest when he has thousands hours in the ferrari simulator

and at this game im at massas level

edit:

if you google lfs speed google suggest you complete it with lfs speed HACK

that shows a majoritorial preference of people

does it then make much sense this afirmation:

of 3000 unknown people theres not a single one who cant be trusted

edit:

anyhow im very open to admit theres no hacking

it may be just a matter that each game rewards different things, like 100 m vs marathon

it may be just a matter that each game rewards different things, like 100 m vs marathon

No point to compare different games, cars and most importantly the drivers. In my experience so called "serious sim racers" are not driving simbin games. :rolleyes:

What I don't understand Lux is that you publically start doubting some sim racing aliens that dominate the leaderboards in FVA. Many of them that I know already for years have been lightning fast in all kind of simracing games.

A few of them were also in the finals of the Virtual World Touring Car Championship that me and Yoeri organised for Simbin/Eurosport in 2008. All drivers that made it to the finals in Monza Italy played on high end simulators that we prepared so there was 100% no cheating involved. I know my way in GTR Evo pretty well and when having a good day (and lots of practice) I can compete with the faster guys for sure, but Bastien Bartsch, Roland Ehnström, David Greco, Nils Naujoks, Danny Engels, Marco Schade and many others in that legendary final were more than a second away from my best time on Monza ever and they were not even playing from the comfort of their own homes like we can :)

Those same names are now indeed faster than Massa, so what? Is Massa the worlds best simracer? I am sure he is not, he is a good Formula 1 driver which is something completely different.

That you do nice in online time attacks in GTR Evo doesn't mean that everybody that is faster than you and Massa is playing unfair. Just accept that people can be faster. Much better for your own health.

This doesn't mean that in online sim racing nobody cheats, I am sure they do maybe even in FVA 2010. But don't put everybody that is faster than you away as dubious drivers.

Someone was saying that the line taken was actually off the track... It is allowed by the game, so I am not saying it is cheating but Massa probably took the correct line (2 wheels on the racing surface inside the line), not going off the track... That could potentially account for the big difference in time between himself and the guys at the top. Just a thought.

And, I agree with Bram - Sim racing is it's own skill. Some drivers who used a lot of simulators or grew up on sims can be equally at the top of their game in sims as they are in real world race cars but other than knowing the track and the line, the two don't necessarily go hand in hand. Sim drivers are good at using other senses to the physical effects on your body that real world drivers are good at handling/experiencing.

well thats a point massa is 1.5 slower than the top but alonso seems only 4 tenths slower which is reasonable, is this correct?, maybe due to the going wide xploit

also i know how much handling of the car can favour different aptitudes

for example driving the wtcc cars in gtr evo with the chevy i would get 4 tenths from the circuit record but with a bmw i would be 2 seconds away

and theyre suppose to be cars as fast

also i got an extremely good feeling of the f3000 in gtr thing which i havent been able in fva

well thats a point massa is 1.5 slower than the top but alonso seems only 4 tenths slower which is reasonable,
Do you really think that Massa and Alonso spend 100s of hours in FVA to set their laptimes? They participated because they have to by Ferrari. We don't know how many laps they have logged to get their times. Heck we even don't know if they drove the ingame times themselves :)

This whole competition is a nice gimmick, nothing more imo. It gives people the impression to drive against a real Ferrari. Thats what this is all about imo.

And if you are the best simracer out there you win an amazing prize: A Ferrari Backpack or a pen (didn't we all dream of that when we were a kid?)

i dont know what appealed to me of this game is having a close thing to the million dollar ferrari simulator in which alonso and massa spend thousands of hours but seems more just like another game

still im pretty happy with it though soon ill go back to gtr evo, not for being closer to reality but just cause im better at that

oh and gtr evo are the cleanest online races ive found, i dont recall people trying to get me off the road like other games

is there any league for f 3000 on gtr evo? i may do better than here

Heck we even don't know if they drove the ingame times themselves :)

And if you are the best simracer out there you win an amazing prize: A Ferrari Backpack or a pen (didn't we all dream of that when we were a kid?)
That’s a bit cynical Bram, and have you forgotten about the final prize, who wouldn’t want to go on the Ferrari driver academy course?

i dont know what appealed to me of this game is having a close thing to the million dollar ferrari simulator in which alonso and massa spend thousands of hours but seems more just like another game
This isn’t a personal attack, it’s just that the people who're disappointed seem to be those that had high expectations, and you can’t really blame Ferrari and/or the developer for that can you?

Considering the frankly crap Ferrari games out there, FVA is a pretty decent effort, not quite as realistic as netKar PRO but still enjoyable. Look at the poll results, apart from one idiot who gave it a 1 (which not even NFS world deserves), most people have been happy with the game.

Finnaly kinda off topic, but what’s the point of playing games you’re already good at? How’s that going to improve you as a driver (virtual or otherwise)?

well i have found a way around it:

im a very competitive person so for me it makes no sense playing something i cant posibly win

so ill pretend im an spermatozoid and the time to beat is massas alonso and fisichelas

the leader boars prove there are faster spermatazoids than me but theyre not fighting for this conception

with a litle fantasy you can turn a boring game into a fun one, yes i cant be the best but still i can win the game(those things about participating being important are nonsesne whats important is winning)

im not gonna let the fact that there are aliens out there put me off of having fun, like has happened with most people like can be seen in 3000 spermatozoids in first circuit and just 400 in second circuit

so now instead of pretending im on ferrari virtual academy ill pretend im on fecundation virtual academy

it is somewhere within me if i pretend im an spermatozoid some odd memory jumps in and i become so fast, thats what i was thinking when i got my top time attack at gtr evo :)

edit:

my point is that being 1.5 sec slower than the top takes the charm away but doesnt really matter if you change the point of the game

@CAR: for a paid competition the prizes are a joke. The game itself is awesome though and my main reason to participate. But if i were a professional gamer that only goes for the prizes I would piss myself laughing.

im a very competitive person so for me it makes no sense playing something i cant posibly win
Personally a podium in a sim's a lot more satisfying than continually winning at something like NFS.

im not gonna let the fact that there are aliens out there put me off of having fun, like has happened with most people like can be seen in 3000 spermatozoids in first circuit and just 400 in second circuit
They should have released Mugello first, as the car's a lot better there than Fiorano, then they might have sold more copies.

@CAR: for a paid competition the prizes are a joke. The game itself is awesome though and my main reason to participate. But if i were a professional gamer that only goes for the prizes I would piss myself laughing.
We've debated this before :), but with the sales figures could they really justify giving away laptops every week?

No a company like Ferrari cannot afford giving away a laptop, they really struggle to get their finances sorted. Of course they can :)

And I don't understand why the sales figures are so low, the competition is nice. Game a bit overpriced (not too much with the new package deals) and they have advertised it on a 1.2 million members Facebook page and Ferrari.com.

Actually this should be a new topic as we are floating away. :)

This was a bit of a non-topic in the first place :p Yes Ferrari can afford it, but I still don’t see how that justifies potentially turning FVA into a loss making product (it might already be (we don’t know)) :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.