Ferrari Virtual Academy 2010

Downloading update 1.3.0. Again no speed in the download link (buy a decent server guys, come on), 123kb/sec is a joke and takes way too much time to do this twice on one day.
Downloaded it earlier & it was done in 5 mins (aborted 1.2 this morning though as it was taking ages (would have taken over an hour))!

I just did a couple of laps on 1.2 yesterday. The track is very nice, but the weather is not as good as on the other circuits:)
Fissicos time is going to be bashed pretty soon. Within 15 Laps i did 1.30.xxx with lots of room for improvement.

The server was pretty slow when i was downloading 1.200. Unfortunatally i will have to wait till tuesday befor i can give 1.3 a try.

And I don't understand why the sales figures are so low, the competition is nice. Game a bit overpriced (not too much with the new package deals) and they have advertised it on a 1.2 million members Facebook page and Ferrari.com.

Obviously because for most people 25 or 35 bucks is a lot too much for 3 tracks and just a hotlap mod... If it has been an addon for nKPro I would have bought it, but like that no... I hope they will remember the lesson, but I am sorry for Kunos since they deserve a success.

Dif IN, Dif EX, Engine Brake

Does somebody have a brief explanation how these settings work in the game? Didn't bother to use them till now.

Engine brake seems clear to me: the higher the value the harder the car brakes using the engine, but the other two settings are new to me.

Had to go away within days of Mugello being released (so haven't experimented that much), but with the differential entering and exiting the corner, I think the higher the value the stronger the turn-in/exit (but might be talking bull' here as I didn't really play around with it).

Overall best times got reset?

It seems like for some reason they reset your overall best times for all tracks... When I log in, the only time I have is the one I set for Nurburgring shortly after midnight today. I don't have any time for Mugello and Fiorana :(

And there's a new Total Ranks classification which only has a handful of drivers - those who most probably set times on all tracks today.

i really dont understand dif ex

but dif in the lower the value the more oversteering on corner entry

i kind of suspect dif ex is the oposite

i think its a balnce between easy of driving an fastness the more oversteery the car is the faster but more difficult to drive

The only direct comparison we have's when Alonso did a lap in the F10 at Fiorano for that "promotional event" (I timed it at around a 1:01 (although it was only one flying lap)).

I personally really dislike that, as I had top times on both tracks and the nürburgring before. Apparently they did it, as the car is a bit slower than in the first version, where you could do 56.1 in fiorano and 1:18.5 in mugello.

Yeah, I guess it makes sense if they did it to level the playing field for everyone. I haven't raced on Fiorona for a long time now, and haven't tried the new version at Mugello either, but it's kinda funny that the car would be slower than in the beginning since they were advertising the car to have aero updates in the newer versions, heh.

I agree it's annoying especially for people who worked really long and hard to set their best times, and among them those like you with overall best times.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 24 14.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 20 12.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 23 13.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 21 12.6%
  • Friday

Votes: 58 34.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 93 55.7%