Ferrari Virtual Academy 2010

Turning off on-screen wheel and arms?

Sorry if this topic has already been covered, couldn't find anything on it though.

I'd like to know if you can turn off the on screen arms and wheel like in Netkar Pro, I find them distracting. I haven't bought the game yet so I can't find out through the interface. Be good to know this before I buy.

thanks!

well i just did

take the best place to measure, the hair pin since you brake in staright and acelerate in straight

this f10 aclerates as much as it brakes as can be seen here:

counterargument.jpg

yes youre right but this is only at high speeds at low speeds on same distance run they have equal speed either braking or acelerating

pay attention to the horizontal line i drew both sides from the tangent are equal

aerodinamics are pretty complex which could explain it

braking.JPG

Can't believe I'm actually spending time explaining this.

Left side. Peak braking. The tangent makes a 8x102 pixels rectangle. That's a slope of 12.75

Right side. Peak accel. Rectangle is 9x54. Slope is 6.

12.75/6 = 2.125. Braking around 2x times stronger. Add the uncertainty from the pixelisation and it's very easy to get to the 2.8x times stronger it should theoratically be. Again look at the onboard G-meter. 1.6 under braking, 4.5 under accel.

I can't make it any more clear. If you don't get that just give up on trying to understand physics.

so you mean that of the two horizontal segments i drew dividided by the vertical tangent one has double size than the other

all right if you have measured the pixels ill have to believe you

also the concept of slope of a parabola is quite interesting ill look it up

Just experimented with the video cfg, setting STEER to 1 results in the steering wheel & arms being fixed, and setting it to 2 does indeed turn them off (as pictured) :)

Attachments

• Steer.jpg
    Steer.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 242
Just downloaded, works!
Its hard to see on your photo but there's even a helpful little digital gear shift indicator on the dash where the top of the wheel would have been.

Hi, I just red all that and I think some people are such an idiots. Their lack of ability to be as fast as the top sim drivers they blame for hacking. If you are not fast as the others then maybe you should play the chess or something similar. I am sorry to be nasty but I have to say that.

(valid from 29 October to 4 November 2010) held on the Mugello circuit, ended. Here are the top 10 in the classification:

WORLD
ITALY​
1 Mario Martinez Garcia
Emanuele Belfiori​
2 Martin Kronke
Lorenzo Ferraris​
3 Renato Turelli
Andrea Amorosi​
4 Simraceway Stig
Giuseppe Cantore​
5 Philippe Villeneuve Simard
Tommaso Carla'​