Felipe Massa

I was just wondering, did you take into account that the quality of the grid was so low that Maldonado could achive the most wins in GP2? (Just wondering since I never followed GP2 that closely)
I would say the grid was more competitive in 2010 then when Hamilton won his title for example.
Or at the very least equal.

Perez, Grosjean, Bianchi, all these guys are very good drivers, one is also a GP2 champ. And one as we have seen is an excellent F1 driver, Bianchi it has been slower for but he´s a test driver now and Grosjean now has a seat at Lotus.

Perez is a solid driver and also drove for a team that never had won a championship, like Maldonado´s and he still manged to come out on top.

It´s just that a lot of people watch his season in Williams and base their thoughts on that. And some ignorance on top of that.
Fact is that if Hamilton had not smashed Maldonado off the road in Monaco he would have beaten Barrichello in points.

He was overall 0.119 seconds faster then Barrichello in Qualifying over the season. That is pretty good considering it´s his first ever season in an F1 car.
He also put the car in Q3, three times. Barrichello never managed to put the car in Q3.

He was overall 0.119 seconds faster then Barrichello in Qualifying over the season. That is pretty good considering it´s his first ever season in an F1 car.
He also put the car in Q3, three times. Barrichello never managed to put the car in Q3.
Yea but just as someone on the Button vs Hamilton topic said, it isn't all about 1 lap pace.

Well now Maldonado and Senna are probably this seasons most underestimated drivers on the grid (seems like it from all the forum posts) and both are pay drivers (I actually don't know if Senna is a pay driver but seems like it as Barrichello lost his seat to him) so it will be interesting to see if they will are good enough for F1 even if they are pay drivers.

Yea but just as someone on the Button vs Hamilton topic said, it isn't all about 1 lap pace.

Well now Maldonado and Senna are probably this seasons most underestimated drivers on the grid (seems like it from all the forum posts) and both are pay drivers (I actually don't know if Senna is a pay driver but seems like it as Barrichello lost his seat to him) so it will be interesting to see if they will are good enough for F1 even if they are pay drivers.

Yea but again, he is a rookie. He´s done one season in F1. Mistakes are bound to happen in the first year and they should happen the first year. Otherwise you will never find the limit or learn anything.

Yea i´m dying to see Maldo vs Senna. Will be interesting to follow those two.

Ohh... You mean the man who beat Massa with the smallest possible margin for his ONE (1) and ONLY title. The same Massa who is so slow he is useless to Ferrari?
Yea i mean the guy who beat Alonso in points in his rookie year.
(more third places then Alonso)

The one that was on the brink of grabbing the title his rookie year in F1.
The one that won the title in his second year in F1.
The year where cars were equal unlike the last 3 years.
The guy with the most raw talent on the grid, that guy.

And yes 99% of the time Massa is useless. He does rookie mistakes like spinning in corners in races all by himself.
And that is with over 10 years of being in a Ferrari.

Yea i mean the guy who beat Alonso in points in his rookie year.
(more third places then Alonso)

The one that was on the brink of grabbing the title his rookie year in F1.
The one that won the title in his second year in F1.
The year where cars were equal unlike the last 3 years.
The guy with the most raw talent on the grid, that guy.

And yes 99% of the time Massa is useless. He does rookie mistakes like spinning in corners in races all by himself.

Sorry to bust your bubble but Michael Schumacher is the fastest man in F1 ever. Senna very close 2nd.

because he doesnt have pace anymore. But again, you never know. Massa will never be the same after the physological loss of 2008. its ok At least he was WC for some seconds from Pole to Flag in Brazil in 2008 after Timo decided to be slow. At least he is the only Brazilian besides Senna to have win from Pole in both dry and wet conditions @ Brazil...so that ought to count.

on topic: seems to me montezemolo is setting massa up for the fall, and they don't really believe he has the pace anymore

Thats indeed how it looks now when reading those words Monte-Z spoke. If they don't want Massa to drive next to Alonso why don't they just fire him. Give him a couple of millions and focus on a new driver.

But they havent done that so they should back him up. If a driver is a good enough to be named as Ferrari's 2nd driver he should deserve the support of the team and management.

I know Ill be cheering for Massa this season and I hope he will show Monte-Z wrong now :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.