rF2 F3.5 2014 @ Fuji 2012 (DRS) - Mon 1st Sept

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Great race everybody, congrats.

I managed to qualify on 4th, had a decent start until I spun in the chicane in the second lap. I was painfully slow on the straights but could win some time in tight sections. Finally I ended up in 3rd position, almost catching Fred who had a brakes failure.

"If you get a S/G penalty for what ever reason: DO NOT DO YOUR S/G PENANALTY. :confused: :O_o:
Continue your race. :) "

Shame on me: I remember very well that note: and like a moon's moron, I decided to do my stop and go all the same :O_o:

I was wondering myself at the exit of the pitlane (to go on the grid), because it's at this time that I went out under the red light !!

Anyway, I was on the high aero package and it was a good choice to carry much speed in the fast turns, and brake enough later in T1 !
My fastest lap was 0.004 of a second slower than the guy ho won the race.

tumblr_lvr97uwP7l1qibz0jo1_r1_500.png

Well that was good fun. I think a number of people were faster than me but today was about the conservative setup and trying to get the parc ferme stuff right. Fuel was 30L more than I needed which was one pain I could do without.

After Sebring I was wanting to test how different brake and rad settings work on this car and today was mega conservative mode (paid off when everyone broke). Either way it was good fun and Q was lovely and close. I think if a few people get a handle on driving this car more consistently I wont be sitting quite as comfortably in coming months. Good stuff guys, see you all next time out.

- Oscar.

What a fun evening. Didn't prepare in anyway for today and joined the server with 10min to go. As I was sure, that some guys would have at least test a lap I thought I go for the medium df package as there was no way I could manage something good on pure pace.
Had no experience with the medium df package on this car and had to sort out my wing settings and gearings in the few min before qualy. In qualy I was awfully slow 1.8 seconds of pole, but still P5 and with 15kph and more top speed advantage compared to some of the quick guys.

Start was good, but I wasn't forceful enough to make up a position, but it is only T1. As I saw the 3 other guys in front starting battleing I knew my time was come and made up to positions very quickly thanks to my top speed and somehow keeping it on track in the rest of the lap.
Had a nice tustle with @Nicolas Delamare we always seem to get into a fight in the club races. He was quicker on pace and I always gave him room in the corners, because I could repass him on the straight. With DRS I even managed to overtake him being 0.7 seconds back at the start of the straight.
Unfurtunately Nicolas spun after 5 Laps. After that it was cruising along. @David Gronvalls was come closer towards the end, but that disconnected.

On the start of the last lap I had a brake failure into T1 with running only 20% closed and I did a lot of races with these settings on much more brake intensive circuits. In the first moment I didn't even knew what happened, because I never had a brake failure in the countless races I did in rF2. With two further spins I just brought it home in P2. Luckily you can drive the last sector without using the brake pedal :D

I think I may damaged my brakes on the recon lap. I warmed them up a lot, because I knew the high df guys would have an advantage on the brakes into T1. That is the only reason I can find as brake temps were fine all the time and I couldnt even brake that hard with my lowish downforce settings.

Well it was a good race at a track I confess I don't like much.
I'm just on egg shells all through the final sector and had about 3 spins there.
I was about where I expected (mid pack) and finished P8 due to some DNFs.
Just got lapped with 1 to go so not a disaster and about 3 laps up on Fuji last time for me.
Thanks all for racing.
So first open wheel race in rfactor 2, goal was just to finish and I did. Tried to stay out of peoples way and hope I accomplished that, great car tough track. It can only go up from here. Some incredible drivers in this club, watching and learning:thumbsup:
So true Jeff, the rest are peachy compared to this little track.

Great race. First race finished with these cars and it was a great learning experience.
Had a couple of problems with brakes. Sometimes in the middle of the main straight I was braking because my G27 pedals are giving false information again. The second minor issue was the catastrofic failure of the front brakes on the last lap. Crashed into a wall but was still able to bring it home. Log files indicated that the front brakes were peaking around 1100-1200 C every lap so no wonder.

Also might have gone a bit too far with the top speed, but was fun to overtake all those cars on the straight. :)

Great race. First race finished with these cars and it was a great learning experience.
Had a couple of problems with brakes. Sometimes in the middle of the main straight I was braking because my G27 pedals are giving false information again. The second minor issue was the catastrofic failure of the front brakes on the last lap. Crashed into a wall but was still able to bring it home. Log files indicated that the front brakes were peaking around 1100-1200 C every lap so no wonder.

Also might have gone a bit too far with the top speed, but was fun to overtake all those cars on the straight. :)
Did you look it up in your MoTec log or where did you find it? Unfortunately my MoTec switched to off on the recon lap, but would be interested if I was peaking somewhere.

I'm going to start on about DRS again :) I only had it once during the race despite on other occasions being under 1 second behind cars in front, apart from this I had a good race, qualified 6th and finished 5th or 6th not sure which, did anyone else have any DRS problems ? it worked so well at Hockenheim and Sebring.

Very hard track. I'm just glad I managed to finish, but any illusions I had about my competence as a simracer were shattered this race :(

Ah ok, than I have definetely no way to find out with the recording going off, but anyway a new experience driving with a broken brake. I think it was at the back, because the car did snap at the rear extremely everytime I touched the pedal.

That'd be the fronts failing then. Rear snapping means the rear brakes are locking meaning they still work and have to work harder with the failed fronts :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.