F2 Driver Ferrucci Banned for Deliberate Contact

Santino Ferrucci has posted a message on his Twitter:View attachment 259355

It seems a little odd that he thinks what he did isn't that bad and that he isn't apologizing to Maini at all. Also he seems to imply that the stewards were not aware of him being picked for a drug test which seems odd to me.

Cannot decide whether this improves my views of him or makes it worse...

well he can say i'm 20 years old and it's natural to make mistakes like this, but how about his father who was mocking Maini's indian accent with an made up indian accent at the garage before the race (not a verified thing but some people heard things there and talked about it even before that incident)? he is 20 too?
i'm not judging, just mentioning

well he can say i'm 20 years old and it's natural to make mistakes like this, but how about his father who was mocking Maini's indian accent with an made up indian accent at the garage before the race (not a verified thing but some people heard things there and talked about it even before that incident)? he is 20 too?

Well, age can be an excuse for a dumb mistake but still then it's more lack of experience then the age itself. So age in itself can never be an excuse, you are there because someone and most importantly YOU have decided that you are up for the task and will not loose it. None of these are valid excuses and I don't think Trident would want to keep him and nor would F2 itself. About Haas, let's be real they are still keeping hold of both Grosjean and Magnussen. Sure they haven hit someone on purpose and haven't shown this level of neglect, but still...

That look on your face when you realize your entire racing career is over.

Ferrucci.jpg

Go to 1:31.
Webber cuts it close after the finish line.
Given the way the the Trident crash happened i think Ferrucio might've been attempting something similar, only he botched it.

I'm just comparing the moves not wether they were "justified".
I think Webber was rightfully a little pi$$ed off after Vettel disobeyed team orders, Webber also made sure that he didn't touch him too.

Seems this ferrucci is a real dick and his old man is no better, pretty pathetic. If this was a normal workplace he would probably be done for bullying, dereliction of duties and numerous breaches of code of conduct. In a normal workplace all of that combined would probably be enough to get you fired.

Last edited:
Never heard of this kid before, but this is petty and blown way out of proportion again.
Calls for end to a career? That is crazy.
Not so long ago there was Hunt hitting marshalls, Piquet having scraps with drivers on the track, schumacher charging after coultard down the pit lane...
It's certainly not worse than vettelle in baku in any case.

This really is a big fuss over nothing.

Yeah, my initial thoughts when reading about Ferrucci was the same as most peoples reactions, but reflecting a little on it, it's not a big deal. Certainly Ferrucci has hopefully learned his leason, and while the size of the fines are just as ridiculous, the negative stuff really gets too much attention and everyone is quick to judge everybody. In no time it's about age, name, nationality, younameit...that's really the worst part of something that started as stupid comedy on track.

Obviously those who don't reflect on things will disagree :p

However, I'm still in believe that Ferrucci destroyed his F1 dreams and I couldn't care less.

Last edited:
Never heard of this kid before, but this is petty and blown way out of proportion again.
Calls for end to a career? That is crazy.
Not so long ago there was Hunt hitting marshalls, Piquet having scraps with drivers on the track, schumacher charging after coultard down the pit lane...
It's certainly not worse than vettelle in baku in any case.

This really is a big fuss over nothing.
If in fact that written statement is true, then somebody ought to sit down and explain to this young man how an apology is supposed to work.
The written piece (linked above) shows zero sincerity and is nothing more than the stark realization that his career may be over before it began...in essence, it's 'damage limitation'.
That last line is where we differ.
Sure!...Vettel should have been excluded from Baku for his intentional contact.
Hunt likewise...should have been penalized for punching of marshals.
The difference is, this kid is supposed to learn from those who've gone before himself.
He doesn't get to add to the number of incidences simply because somebody thinks he deserves that same right.
Motorsport is dangerous enough on its own, without somebody intentionally adding to it.
At the very least, he needs to be 'sat' down and asked to explain his behavior and his reasoning for such.
If it is proven that he did it because of some racial insensitivity, then he needs to be 'gone' from the team.
It's just that simple.

Last edited:
Was this straight up bullying the reason for Maini basically crying in the car that his team wasn't supporting him at all? (I recall something like that previous weekend?

Was this straight up bullying the reason for Maini basically crying in the car that his team wasn't supporting him at all? (I recall something like that previous weekend?

It was said to be frustration about the cars and all the tech.issues they've had this year.
But in hindsight, it seems more likely that this actually were the reason for the outburst.

Ask me Seb and Lewis was different he was provoked with lewis " extra slow" antics

They go on about how critical tyre temps are then go and restart with colder likely worn tyres into fastest straight then 90 degree corner, sounds dumb for such a safety orientated formula

What a stupid way to end your open wheel class racing career. To get from F2 to F1 you already need a lot of luck. This surely isn't helping. And yes Vettel was given a to light punishment for his contact with Hamilton in Baku.

If in fact that written statement is true, then somebody ought to sit down and explain to this young man how an apology is supposed to work.
The written piece (linked above) shows zero sincerity and is nothing more than the stark realization that his career may be over before it began...in essence, it's 'damage limitation'.
That last line is where we differ.
Sure!...Vettel should have been excluded from Baku for his intentional contact.
Hunt likewise...should have been penalized for punching of marshals.
The difference is, this kid is supposed to learn from those who've gone before himself.
He doesn't get to add to the number of incidences simply because somebody thinks he deserves that same right.
Motorsport is dangerous enough on its own, without somebody intentionally adding to it.
At the very least, he needs to be 'sat' down and asked to explain his behavior and his reasoning for such.
If it is proven that he did it because of some racial insensitivity, then he needs to be 'gone' from the team.
It's just that simple.
Certainly a robust, proportionate penalty is necessary but that has already been given - and then some, arguably. Not an end to a career though, from the information available right now.

I would imagine that they will give the kid another chance after all this, unless something else is proven (the racism allegations are speculation at the moment).

What a shame! Now his character will never make it to an F1 Codemasters game. Cheers to Stroll and Sirotkin for making it though.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.